HOOKED ON THE DETAILS
    Post Thanks / Like

Suede Micofibre wash?

I for one, as many others, always wash new microfiber towels before their first use. Does anyone wash new suede microfiber towels used for coating application before using? Enquiring minds want to know!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Suede Micofibre wash?

I don`t...I just inspect them when I pull them out of the bag...and when they`re used..I Ron them (toss `em)

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Noting that I`ve never used a suede-style MF for this...

I`d wash `em. As a guy from the industry once quipped, "ever seen inside a textile mill? Nah, of course not...if you had you wouldn`t have asked...".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Noting that I`ve never used a suede-style MF for this...

I`d wash `em. As a guy from the industry once quipped, "ever seen inside a textile mill? Nah, of course not...if you had you wouldn`t have asked...".
    would you foam them first? lol kidding

I never even considered washing them, although I generally wash all my new microfiber towels and air dry before use
    Might have to wash one and see if it makes any difference, maybe I`m missing out!

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

512Detail- Eh, might just be me being me again! I can pretty much argue this one from both sides

IMO you`re only "missing out" if you don`t wash them and suffer marred paint as a result. No marring = NOT missing out on anything.

Plus, some of us have to watch that "air drying" as it can leave textiles stiff from stuff in the water. Mine always come out better if I machine dry or at least use forced-air. So I can imagine things turning out *worse*...but then I have a vivid imagination
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

512Detail- Eh, might just be me being me again! I can pretty much argue this one from both sides

IMO you`re only "missing out" if you don`t wash them and suffer marred paint as a result. No marring = NOT missing out on anything.

Plus, some of us have to watch that "air drying" as it can leave textiles stiff from stuff in the water. Mine always come out better if I machine dry or at least use forced-air. So I can imagine things turning out *worse*...but then I have a vivid imagination
    my towels seem to air dry fine, luckily have had no issue with that...too afraid to put them in my dryer.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t wash my CarPro suede towels either. They look very clean right out of the bag. I don`t wash the 4x4 ones either before I use them as a coating applicator. I throw all of them away after using on a coating and that`s all I use them for. This towel may be the exception to the rule about washing MF towels before use.

HOOKED ON THE DETAILS
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Guys!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    my towels seem to air dry fine, luckily have had no issue with that...too afraid to put them in my dryer.
    Whatever works for you is what matters, so diregard the following- given the melting/damage threshhold temperature for MF I`d never think twice about putting them in a dryer. Even when I`ve accidentally had it set on High there were never any problems. Any dryer that damages MF is getting so hot I`d worry about burning down the house.

Post Thanks / Like

Whatever works for you is what matters, so diregard the following- given the melting/damage threshhold temperature for MF I`d never think twice about putting them in a dryer. Even when I`ve accidentally had it set on High there were never any problems. Any dryer that damages MF is getting so hot I`d worry about burning down the house.
    just to clarify, I don`t use the dryer for lint and static issues

I`m not worried about `burning` the fibres, im worried about putting a static charge on them or whatever

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

512Detail- Ah, OK...thanks for clarifying (not that you gotta justify what works for you to *me* ). For some reason I sorta *like* the staticy effect! Wouldn`t feel that way if I had one of those Porsches where MF static can cause problems though.

Post Thanks / Like

I typically wash my microfibers before use. That said, oddly I`ve never considered washing the suede ones until I read this thread. I`ve always viewed these much akin to the disposable use of paper towels, use them with a coating, throw them away. Go figure.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

GearHead_1- Well, you were probably thinking about contamination from what *you* do with them, not from a dirty textile mill.

You do bring up an interesting analogy there with the paper towels...I wonder how clean the plants producing paper towels/napkins are?!?

Thread Information