Post Thanks / Like

Any users of vapor chief 75 steamer

Looking for user feed back, does the 75 have enough juice and how long does the single produce steam. The refill is a bit more not sure if I need it. Any thoughts on any of the vapor chief steamers.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any users of vapor chief 75 steamer

I have the VC75 and have used it a few times. In all honesty I was coming from a mc1275 which had less PSI, longer heating time, and less max steam temp.
    Really haven`t had a chance to put it through the works yet in terms of testing it to its full capacity and when i get back from my trip I was planning on doing a more thorough review on it.
    So apologies as this post may not be too helpful in making a decision. At the onset you could visit the companies site and any other steamers site and compare based on their specs? I know VX5000 gets a lot of love too. For me it came down to specs and price point and the VC just seemed to be the better price point with similar specs to the VX5000.

At the end of the day it will depend on how many cars you work on and what your needs are. I find for my needs which is usually interiors and engine the VC 75 has worked fine so far. I only work on one vehicle at a time. If I was doing more volume the refill may be a better option so you dont have to wait for the unit to cool before refilling it. I think VC says to wait 1-2 hours for the unit to cool before you open the boiler cap and fill the water back up.

I had filled the unit up completely when I first received it and used it on 2 car interiors without needing to refill it if that helps? They were of average dirt build up on both. For really dirty vehicles you will still need some sort of chemical and agitation I have found as the leather seats on one was pretty bad and when I used just steam it was good, but when I used very diluted APC followed up by steam it was even better and produced a much cleaner surface.
    Likes Tpr1634, pmccrackenator liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaydiantDetail View Post
    I have the VC75 and have used it a few times. In all honesty I was coming from a mc1275 which had less PSI, longer heating time, and less max steam temp.
    Really haven`t had a chance to put it through the works yet in terms of testing it to its full capacity and when i get back from my trip I was planning on doing a more thorough review on it.
    So apologies as this post may not be too helpful in making a decision. At the onset you could visit the companies site and any other steamers site and compare based on their specs? I know VX5000 gets a lot of love too. For me it came down to specs and price point and the VC just seemed to be the better price point with similar specs to the VX5000.

At the end of the day it will depend on how many cars you work on and what your needs are. I find for my needs which is usually interiors and engine the VC 75 has worked fine so far. I only work on one vehicle at a time. If I was doing more volume the refill may be a better option so you dont have to wait for the unit to cool before refilling it. I think VC says to wait 1-2 hours for the unit to cool before you open the boiler cap and fill the water back up.

I had filled the unit up completely when I first received it and used it on 2 car interiors without needing to refill it if that helps? They were of average dirt build up on both. For really dirty vehicles you will still need some sort of chemical and agitation I have found as the leather seats on one was pretty bad and when I used just steam it was good, but when I used very diluted APC followed up by steam it was even better and produced a much cleaner surface.
    Thanks for the reply, I emailed Kevin and he was very helpful I wanted to get an opinion from someone who uses it and not selling it. I would only be doing one vehicle at a time as I only do this on weekends and I don`t make a living at it. The 75 has a nice price point I would rather not spend more money on the 100 if it was going to be over kill for my needs. Thanks again Tim...
    Likes RaydiantDetail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve heard of people increasing the psi of the 75 to 100. I haven`t tried it or dont know much on how to do it. But I`ve heard it`s possible lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Likes Tpr1634 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

i have vapor chief 100 from Kevin and use it every day with no problems Kevin is a stand up guy also
    Likes Tpr1634 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tpr1634 View Post
    Looking for user feed back, does the 75 have enough juice and how long does the single produce steam. The refill is a bit more not sure if I need it. Any thoughts on any of the vapor chief steamers.
    I also have the VaporChief 100. It`s a solid machine, and I only use mine on the weekends for my own car and in the home. (bathrooms, floors, and upholstery furniture) It`s solid and I think worth the price. I have only had to refill the tank once during a job on some couches FWIW, but I wouldn`t want to have to wait for the unit to cool down to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes RaydiantDetail, Tpr1634 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have a VX5000 and on the few occasions where I ran out of water (because I didn`t start with a full tank), I simply turn off the heating element, empty the steam reservoir by holding the stream control button down, and when there is no more pressure/steam left, I unscrew the filler and add water. It isn`t nearly as big a deal as people think -- you certainly don`t need to wait "1-2 hours" to add water to machines that don`t have continuous fill.
    Likes RaydiantDetail, Tpr1634 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by `PRND[S
    ;2106100`]I have a VX5000 and on the few occasions where I ran out of water (because I didn`t start with a full tank), I simply turn off the heating element, empty the steam reservoir by holding the stream control button down, and when there is no more pressure/steam left, I unscrew the filler and add water. It isn`t nearly as big a deal as people think -- you certainly don`t need to wait "1-2 hours" to add water to machines that don`t have continuous fill.
    Thats a good point. With the MC1275 I never waited lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VitreousHumor View Post
    I also have the VaporChief 100. It`s a solid machine, and I only use mine on the weekends for my own car and in the home. (bathrooms, floors, and upholstery furniture) It`s solid and I think worth the price. I have only had to refill the tank once during a job on some couches FWIW, but I wouldn`t want to have to wait for the unit to cool down to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would like 100 for the fact better to have than have not, it`s priced well.
    Likes VitreousHumor liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 65chevy View Post
    i have vapor chief 100 from Kevin and use it every day with no problems Kevin is a stand up guy also
    Kevin seems to be very honest plus the fact he is a couple hours north of me in case I needed service.
    Likes VitreousHumor liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply`s I pulled the trigger on the 100 I figured it was worth spending a few bucks more and being happy rather than saving a few a getting the 75 which I`m sure is a great unit. I will try to do a review on it so hopefully it can help others.
    Likes VitreousHumor, 65chevy liked this post

Thread Information