Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

PB Spray and Wipe- Some questions

Continuation from another thread; didn`t want to hijack.

I really like Spray and wipe, especially on glass. However, I can`t seem to get rid of streaks when using on paint. Not huge glaring streaks, but faint haze or pseudo holograms. I use spray and wipe to mainly get things clean before polishing or as a light waterless wash for dust and such. I have gotten a little brave and used it to literally wash the car top to bottom, and it really impressed me at how well it worked with no ill effects (except the haze).

My method has been to literally spray and wipe, then follow with a clean DMT to buff. LSP is FK1000p or Nattys Black (depending on the car), maintained after every 2 bucket wash with a light spritz of QD+.

Things I`ve seen to remedy streaking:
    1. Dilute 1:1
    2. Use sparingly (I understand less is more with a lot of PB products, but I worry about using too little for safe dirt removal)
    3. Use in full sun
    4. Follow with fresh MF to buff (see my method above).

I havent been able to find the sweet spot for using this product, which I will totally chalk up to user error (I ain`t no pro, that`s for sure). Any help would be much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PB Spray and Wipe- Some questions

The only time I`ve seen the haze is when I used too much product. Here`s a "too easy" thought. If you`re actually going to polish the vehicle after using the PoorBoys, try using less. I know you`re worried about marring the vehicle but if you`re going to polish it anyway... try it on a small section using less product.

This all said, I really like this product and I feel like I`ve learned it`s limitations. I simply won`t use it on a dirty car and I feel like I know where the line is. I`ll use it on a dusty car but if there`s any real "dirty" involved out comes another means of washing. I think of it as an in between wash product, kinda of where the detailing spray`s of old used to fit.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Thanks nickclark08 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

As I said in the other thread, you`re probably using too much, and now that I see that you are having problem if you dilute 50/50 i`m 99.9% sure I`m right.

Remember a sweeping spray, not a one place spay, move another spray etc... It`s a sweeping spray.

I`m betting that you see more streaking later in your vehicle than early parts. That`s cuz your towels are too wet.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes GearHead_1, 06vrss, WaxAddict, Vegas1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to you both for the advice. Just to clarify, I haven`t tried diluting yet. But you`re right, I`m probably bumping up against the limits of the product, and using way too much. I definitely do see more streaks at the end, Ron.

I`ll keep after it. I`m stubborn that way I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nickclark08 View Post
    Thanks to you both for the advice. Just to clarify, I haven`t tried diluting yet. But you`re right, I`m probably bumping up against the limits of the product, and using way too much. I definitely do see more streaks at the end, Ron.

I`ll keep after it. I`m stubborn that way I guess.
    I never realized how bad I was over using it till I saw Steve do a car to show me how. (I still over use it)
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

And use more towels, that`ll help too

Post Thanks / Like

If your having a hard time with streaks - try Mckees 37 N914 reconstituted w/ DI water. Since it leaves nothing behind - there is nothing to streak. I`ve pretty much switched to this stuff 100% replacing ONR, Pinnacle WW, Pinnacle RW, etc....

Post Thanks / Like

More DMTs to be bought lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    And use more towels, that`ll help too

Post Thanks / Like

I hear you on McKees- my understanding was the S&W was also a "leave nothing behind" type product. Maybe some polymers or something for better lubricity are getting improperly buffed off by me... I need to experiment more. I might still pick up the McKees rinseless at a later date

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    If your having a hard time with streaks - try Mckees 37 N914 reconstituted w/ DI water. Since it leaves nothing behind - there is nothing to streak. I`ve pretty much switched to this stuff 100% replacing ONR, Pinnacle WW, Pinnacle RW, etc....

Post Thanks / Like

S&W was also a "leave nothing behind" type product. Maybe some polymers or something for better lubricity are getting improperly buffed off by me...
    Nope, you`re just using too much and letting your micros get too saturated.

Post Thanks / Like

Haha, touché. Right, less is more. I`ll stick to this explanation.

Being that its love bug season, got another one... how do you get the bugs off the Vette before a show once you arrive? Can you use S&W to remove the Bug Squash "residue" after lightly scrubbing the bugs off? I`m trying to figure out how to basically do a rinseless bug gut removal without breaking out the hose and wash buckets. I have the mesh towels, etc.

Nope, you`re just using too much and letting your micros get too saturated.

Post Thanks / Like

Haha, touché. Right, less is more. I`ll stick to this explanation.

Being that its love bug season, got another one... how do you get the bugs off the Vette before a show once you arrive? Can you use S&W to remove the Bug Squash "residue" after lightly scrubbing the bugs off? I`m trying to figure out how to basically do a rinseless bug gut removal without breaking out the hose and wash buckets. I have the mesh towels, etc.

My car is normally washed the night before or the morning of a show, so anything that hits it is fresh kill and not too baked on. Even so, then I would use bs 3/1 and then over use sw then do the sw a second time to get rid of streaking.

Post Thanks / Like

Good thread. Ron has cleared it up. I use the living hell out of S&W and the only issue I ever have is running out.
    Likes Ronkh, nickclark08, JustJesus liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

As always, much appreciated!

My car is normally washed the night before or the morning of a show, so anything that hits it is fresh kill and not too baked on. Even so, then I would use bs 3/1 and then over use sw then do the sw a second time to get rid of streaking.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I just read this whole thread and at times I definitely overuse Spray and Wipe but I`ve never had an issue with streaking

but I ONLY use DMMTs...that extra size really helps for me...now I`m not recommending you buy DMMTs (because I am waiting on my tax return so I can buy more) lol

Brandt K.
    Likes nickclark08, JustJesus liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information