Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang DGPS vs Soft99 King Of Gloss

[QUOTE=Caraman;2105271]
    Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    do you immediately remove or thin coat and cure for X time?

edit: and what`s a thin coat? hahaha[/QUOTE

I`ve done both, removed immediately and allowed to cure for (time based on swipe test) 10 minutes or so, with no real difference in removal effort.
    King of a Gloss would have been concrete had I given it 10 minutes. A better applicator could have aided in a slightly thinner coat, but still, I`m the guy that says Coliinite is easy to use, so I know a beast when I use it.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=WaxAddict;2105323]
    Quote Originally Posted by Caraman View Post

King of a Gloss would have been concrete had I given it 10 minutes. A better applicator could have aided in a slightly thinner coat, but still, I`m the guy that says Coliinite is easy to use, so I know a beast when I use it.
    My tin of KOG is about 5 years old. Assuming yours is more recent, I wonder whether our different experiences might be due to a formula change?

Post Thanks / Like

I was reading on the European forums that KOG isn`t being made anymore. I have no idea if that is true. The newer product is Kiwami which is supposed to be easier to use than either KOG or Fusso. I just got a tin of Kiwami in white, and plan to use it this weekend. I`ll update on it after I give it a go.
    Likes liveguard06, WaxAddict liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    ...I`m the guy that says Coliinite is easy to use...
    Well, IME (awfully extensive with 845 and 476S) Collinite *IS* easy to use. As in, nothing to it whatsover. No, it`s not Souveran-easy, but still...

As with KSG, IMO the ease-of-use all depends on not using too much.

Heh heh, now I`m probably gonna think about trying this stuff just so I can say how easy it is too (JK, JK...)

Post Thanks / Like

In Pro Detailer`s Megatest Soft 99 KOG got a score of 73 on gloss and a 72 on hydrophobicity and FK1000p got a 31 on Gloss and a 44 on hydrophobicity. FK 1000k had an ease of use score of 95 while KOG got a 48. Why don`t we in the U.S. have a magazine just for detailers. The Pro Detailer mag comes out quarterly. I bought three of the latest issues from another detailing site.
    Likes VitreousHumor, WaxAddict liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Almost bought some of this but already have sooo much wax. More than I need.
    Likes WaxAddict liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    In Pro Detailer`s Megatest Soft 99 KOG got a score of 73 on gloss and a 72 on hydrophobicity and FK1000p got a 31 on Gloss and a 44 on hydrophobicity. FK 1000k had an ease of use score of 95 while KOG got a 48. Why don`t we in the U.S. have a magazine just for detailers. The Pro Detailer mag comes out quarterly. I bought three of the latest issues from another detailing site.
    Those ratings substantiate my observation that KOG ain`t Collinite-easy, and further still from P21S, DoDo, (etc) easy.

Soft99 has tons of waxes - more than anyone I know of, and the choices, combined with the language barrier, make it hard to decide. I picked King of Gloss over Fusso Coat and Kiwami and others based on the Forensic Detailing Channel guy giving it high marks.

Post Thanks / Like

I can`t help but wonder about magazine comparisons, but I ought not be all knee-jerk cynical about it

So this stuff has a supposedly *dramatically* better gloss/hydrophobicity that FK1000P? OK, I`m paying attention.

Still wondering about the etching-resistance and durability though...guess I`ll be wondering for a while since FK1000P lasts so long that I basically can`t imagine a test running long enough for something else to beat it.

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict
    Soft99 has tons of waxes - more than anyone I know of, and the choices, combined with the language barrier, make it hard to decide...
    That`s for sure! And what?...already RMD said that this King of Gloss has been discontinued?

RMD- I`ll be interested to hear what you think of the Kiwami.

Post Thanks / Like

Their ad-copy doesn`t make any of the Soft99 LSPs sound very long-lived to me. I`m not rewaxing with a paste every six-sight months thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

One good thing about the Soft99 waxes are their prices for what you get. Looks like you get a FK1000p sized container for around $27 and free shipping. That`s really good compared to most new wax offerings. I was looking at some of their KOG waxes and it come in three flavors, white, dark, and pearl/light. For under $100 you can get all three, not bad.

I too have more wax than I will ever use, but it never stops me from buying more. I`m addicted.

Post Thanks / Like

Follow-Up, 1.5 weeks

The Soft99 King Of Gloss has given up some of that awesome hydrophobicity that it demonstrated a day after application, but both products are still working well.

Soft99 is beading a little better than WGDGPS, but other than that, at 1.5 weeks in, the two LSP`s have gotten closer to each other in terms of performance. On this paint, I had a hard time telling them apart appearance-wise.

You can tell here that the water shedding is pretty much the same, whereas the KOG started off much better.

I "washed" the car with just water, with my mitt situated in DI water. Maybe sheeting would be improved after a proper wash with soap. I`ll do that next time.

All for now! Thanks for looking.

Post Thanks / Like

99Soft has another "wax" called Metalica that you apply like a wax but you don`t have to wipe it off. A WOWA. Kind of like Opti-Seal in a can. Strange stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    99Soft has another "wax" called Metalica that you apply like a wax but you don`t have to wipe it off. A WOWA. Kind of like Opti-Seal in a can. Strange stuff!
    Leave it to Japan to create really cool stuff that we all WANT (but then we get nostalgic and want stuff from the US and Europe - such was the case with stereo equipment back in the 70`s and 80`s, and motorcycles in the 90`s)

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking as somebody who sometimes just DI pressure washes his vehicles without doing a proper wash....Gee, I`m surprised there`s *any* dropoff after just 1.5 weeks!
    Likes rlmccarty2000, WaxAddict liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Speaking as somebody who sometimes just DI pressure washes his vehicles without doing a proper wash....Gee, I`m surprised there`s *any* dropoff after just 1.5 weeks!
    I`m not surprised at all. The sun is brutal on paint down here. I was watching a video where someone from England was saying we should get a month out of pure carnauba waxes. YEAH RITE!! If I could get a month from `nuba I wouldn`t be running tests.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information