Thread: Gyeon Primer?

Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon Primer?

Has anyone used Gyeon Primer? It basically looks like an Essence copy, polish with SiO2 left behind as prep for coating. There is also one from Tacsystems which I know is not a very familiar name. All three are manufactured in South Korea. Call me jaded, but shouldn`t we put a little more pressure on manufacturers to prove that their product is better/different from what is already on the market? Lately I have just been buying the least expensive (unless proven better) product. These products, such as the SiO2 spray and activate with water, don`t seem to pit theirselves against each other, they just fill a niche within the manufacturers lineup. It almost impossible to compare the products and the manufacturers don`t seem to want to say their product is the best (why not?). You can throw iron removers into the mix too (I`ve been buying the least expensive one of these for years).

I think we as detailers have been giving companies a free pass, unless a product is really bad or there is a bad batch (Reload, Blackfire Chrystal Coat, Rupes 3 inch pads). Rarely do companies offer a refund/recall even when they are very aware that there is a problem with a product. I could be that it is easier to toss a $10 product than it is to try to get your $10 buck back (this is the hope of everything sold after midnight on tv). I don`t have a solution. It is very hard to get the MSDS ingredient list of a product to actually see if their is a difference in composition. It seems to be impossible to even find out who really makes the chemicals, as in Barrett-Jackson, Jay Leno, Boyd Coddington. It shouldn`t be a trade secret about who produces the chemicals. My opinion it amounts to fraud or at least the attempt to pass off something as better than it really is by slapping a famous name on it. Jumping off my Sunday soapbox.
    Likes dschribs, mnehls86, Rblouin liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gyeon Primer?

I do happen to agree with you, however. This is why over the past year I have about 1/2 of the detailing products that I used to have. I spent the first few years trying new things only to realize that they were more or less the same thing or no better than what`s been out there.
    Likes dschribs, mnehls86, Rblouin liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I agree 100%. I`ve tried a ton of products over the past few years and now I pretty much exclusively use optimum. I do use other brands like solution finish and tuff shine but that`s about it.

I got tired of all the issues with certain sio2 products and certain products from brand A doing the same thing as products from brand B.

Optimum products just work for me. They are easy to use and produce amazing results and you can call them and talk to the chemist. Plus all their products are made in the US.

On the other side of things though optimum may not work for someone else so it`s a good thing we have all these flavors. I`m sure people use gyeon over carpro just because of their cool bottles. What ever works.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    I do happen to agree with you, however. This is why over the past year I have about 1/2 of the detailing products that I used to have. I spent the first few years trying new things only to realize that they were more or less the same thing or no better than what`s been out there.
    Agreed...going to go `minimalist` on our own coated cars this year. (2) have/will have the Kamikaze combo so they will get Gyeon Bathe (not Bathe PLUS) washes, once a month a little Kamikaze Overcoat after the wash. Plan on using 22ple HPC on the other, with occasional/monthly additions of VS1 Final Coat. Think I`m gonna give the Bathe+, WetCoat and other stuff alone for a bit...or at least try to.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Agreed...going to go `minimalist` on our own coated cars this year. (2) have/will have the Kamikaze combo so they will get Gyeon Bathe (not Bathe PLUS) washes, once a month a little Kamikaze Overcoat after the wash. Plan on using 22ple HPC on the other, with occasional/monthly additions of VS1 Final Coat. Think I`m gonna give the Bathe+, WetCoat and other stuff alone for a bit...or at least try to.

Or, you can lay down Essence as a base, up keep the Essence with WetCoat app every three months, and rejuvenate WetCoat with Bathe+ once a month, and use Ech2o as a drying aid . <This is my game plan, my basic understanding of quartz related products leads me to believe that all of these will work bond to one another, hopefully I`m right. And if you guys are wondering why I simply don`t go with a coating, there are areas of defects (152k DD, 2nd owner) on my car that a coating will only magnify.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Rblouin liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Has anyone used Gyeon Primer? It basically looks like an Essence copy, polish with SiO2 left behind as prep for coating. There is also one from Tacsystems which I know is not a very familiar name. All three are manufactured in South Korea. Call me jaded, but shouldn`t we put a little more pressure on manufacturers to prove that their product is better/different from what is already on the market? .

Since TAC was the original maker for carpro.......... Wonder who copied whom.

Is TAC still avail in USA?
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Endurance primer polish from Clearfinish has more cut then essence and wipes off like a dream. My goto for primer.
    Likes Rblouin liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

TAC has a pretty crappy website. I`ve emailed them but they don`t want to put anything in writing. My opinion is they (TAC) is the main producer in S. Korea for CarPro and Gyeon. Can I prove it? Nope. Just too many similarities between the brands for it to be coincidental. I think the website is Tacsystems.us or something along that line. I really like their products, they just make them too difficult to purchase. I would like to get their top coating though, it sounds like the pro version from CarPro without the hassle of being a "certified" installer.

Post Thanks / Like

Adam`s also has a finishing polish that`s infused with SiO2. Don`t hear too much about that one either.

Thread Information