Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What coating to try next...

FYI Cquartz will be releasing an updated version of UK in the next few weeks if you want to give it a try.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    FYI Cquartz will be releasing an updated version of UK in the next few weeks if you want to give it a try.
    Saw that on their FB feed, their version of Syncro perhaps? Address the lack of slickness and feel that Cquartz lacks on it`s own?

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve decided to go with Miyabi and ISM on my new car.
    Likes BadgerRivFan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Saw that on their FB feed, their version of Syncro perhaps? Address the lack of slickness and feel that Cquartz lacks on it`s own?
    I don`t think so. Sounds like it is still going to be a stand alone coating with some tweaks to improve it`s overall performance. Corey sort of confirmed this in the CarPro facebook group. I guess if someone want`s Syncro level they would need to use Gliss but that is more like Booster.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Figures.........

The one decent product they had................
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    I’ve decided to go with Miyabi and ISM on my new car.
    You will love how easy this is to apply---I love it
    2018 F-150 "Limited"
    2008 BMW 335IX
    Likes jrock645, BadgerRivFan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been kinda keeping up all along but wondered if there was a summation post somewhere in the last several pages on cost and longevity along with ease of application. I have a friend who is wanting his white C6 coated this spring. I have used Cquartz products on my own but was leaning toward 22ple HPC for his or sticking with Cquartz since thats what I`m familiar with. Anything newer and better?
    Thanks for Keeping this one going.

Post Thanks / Like

Try not to laugh... I will be trying....Dr. Beasley`s Plasmacoat and only on the roof of my truck for now, maybe the hood too. (taking baby steps)
    Likes nickclark08, BudgetPlan1, The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Aint no one laughing - i`m still skittish to do a coating so further along than me.
    Likes Mary B liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crooz1n View Post
    I`ve been kinda keeping up all along but wondered if there was a summation post somewhere in the last several pages on cost and longevity along with ease of application. I have a friend who is wanting his white C6 coated this spring. I have used Cquartz products on my own but was leaning toward 22ple HPC for his or sticking with Cquartz since thats what I`m familiar with. Anything newer and better?
    Here`s a summary of when they were applied and when they were `refreshed`. Regarding 22ple HPC specifically, it`s still solid as can be, still stays remarkably clean. Applied 03/30/2017, refreshed in November 2017 (20K miles perhaps, rarely garaged, run thru touchless soap/rinse only washed maybe 3 times.) with 22ple Glass Coat Clay, topped with 22ple Finitura...the stuff is just plain *GOOD*. Cquartz is still quietly doing nicely, always looks clean as well. My top choice is still the Kamkiaze combo as it has a deeper, warmer glow, especially on dark paint and the ISM portion of it really `floats` metallic in a really mesmerizing (to me) kinda way. It`s a more complex look than the molten glass gloss of 22ple. Add to the fact that the 22ple was, bay far, the easiest coating I`ve used knocks it up a notch or two as well.

Any of the VAN or RANGER vehicles below rarely, if ever, see a wash and most sit outside 97% of the time. To be quite honest, of all the products I have used, NONE were poor with regards to performance although my Crystal Serum Light truck stays the least clean, followed by Pearl Nano. Kamikaze and 22ple are really amazing at how clean they stay with little effort.

Van 1: Kamikaze Miyabi x 2, ISM x 1, Infinity Wax x 1, Overcoat applied 02/08/2017.

Van 3: Feynlab Ceramic + TopCoat applied 02/02/2018

Van 9: Cquartz & Gyeon Cure applied 01/2017; wash, decon, CanCoat + IGL Premier refresh 10/2017.

Van 10: Gloss Shop Ceramic V1 applied 03/2017

Van 11: 22ple HPC + VS1 Final Coat applied March 2017; refresh 01/2017 w/ 22ple glass coat clay, 22ple Finitura & 22ple VS1 Final Coat

Van 12: Gyeon One + Gyeon Cure applied to hood 02/12/2018; Gyeon One removed and Nanolex Si3D + SiFinish applied 03/08/2018 to body, McKees V2 to roof.

Van 13: Gyeon Syncro applied 01/26/2018

Van 14: The Gloss Shop Ceramic Coating V2, applied 03/14/2018

Van 15: Gtechniq CSL + C2v3 applied 02/2017; wash, decon, CanCoat + Kamikaze Overcoat refresh 10/2017.

Van 17: Gyeon Prime + CanCoat + IGL Premier applied 11/2017; hood buffed clean, HydroSilex Recharge, Kamikaze OVercoat & 22ple VS1 Final Coat applied in 1/3 sections, 02/03/2018

Van 18 Hood: IGL Quartz + Premier (passenger side) and 22ple HPC + Finitura + VS1 Final Coat (driver side) applied 12/2017

Ranger 6: Gyeon Mohs + Cure applied 02/2017; wash, decon Gyeon CanCoat refresh 10/2017.

Ranger 7: Gloss Shop Ceramic Coating V2 applied 10/2017.

Ranger 9: Pearl Nano applied 03/2017.

Black Honda CR-V: 22ple HPC + VS1 applied April 2017.

White 2017 Ford F150: Gyeon Mohs + Gyeon Booster applied 11/2017.

Crystal Red 2017 Ford Explorer: 22ple HPC + Finitura applied 11/2017.

Black Ford Focus: Gyeon Prime + Cure applied April 2017; CanCoat refresh 11/2017.

Black Ford Focus: Kamikaze Miyabi + ISM + Overcoat applied 10/2017.

Mint Green Toyota Camry: Gyeon Prime + Cure applied April 2017.

Aegean Blue 2016 Honda Civic: Kamikaze Miyabi + ISM + Infinity Wax + Overcoat applied 10/2016.

Black 2017 Honda Accord: Kamikaze Miyabi + ISM + Infinity Wax + Overcoat applied 9/2017, Decon 02/19/2018 w/ Gyeon Tar, Whips Wax Salt Remover.

Lunar Silver 2018 Honda HR-V; Gyeon Primer + Gyeon One + Gyeon CanCoat, applied 02/09/2018

Soon to be used: be used: Gyeon Pure.
    Thanks nickclark08, Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nickclark08 View Post
    Aint no one laughing - i`m still skittish to do a coating so further along than me.
    Try 22ple HPC; I could probably tape an applicator to my cats paw, let him run around on the paint, come back 20 minutes later and buff off with no issues. Stuff actually hazes a bit when time to buff off. 15 minute working time, I applied to the entire side of a Ford Transit Extended van, came back and buffed off with no issues. Just don`t use the 22ple applicator, that thing is junk.
    Likes nickclark08, SgtMajUSMC liked this post
    Thanks nickclark08, Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been following along since the start, and I appreciate your recommendations.

At some point, we will get a larger / newer vehicle for the wife. No doubt, it will be polished and coated. I`d do it to the wife`s car now but paint on that is flaking clearcoat in places and almost there in others.

I`ve been doing some research and reading along to find a solid choice... mainly for sheer ease of maintenance and durability

Still not decided. sounds like this 22ple is probably up my alley in terms of ease of application etc. More reading to do!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crooz1n View Post
    Tough call. The application and removal process varies but in most cases it is the same. If you are happy with cquartz stick with that. They also released their coating topper Gliss if you wish to experiment with that. CarPro will be releasing and updated formula to UK in the next few weeks.

If you have the desire to try something new, well then give something else a try. There is no shortage of coatings lol.
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Try 22ple HPC; I could probably tape an applicator to my cats paw, let him run around on the paint, come back 20 minutes later and buff off with no issues. Stuff actually hazes a bit when time to buff off. 15 minute working time, I applied to the entire side of a Ford Transit Extended van, came back and buffed off with no issues. Just don`t use the 22ple applicator, that thing is junk.
    First coat of HPC went on a couple hours ago (24hrs after Primer app). Thanks to you I used CarPro block with the suede clothes. I guess the Gyeon Primer may have something to do with it, but it hazed much quicker than I expected based on everything I have read. Still a breeze compared to anything else I have used just different feel first few passes.
    Semper Fidelis!
    Matt

`20 Rapid Blue C8 2LT Z51, deposit 7/20/19, born 11/17/20 and delivered 11/28/20. Yeah, the dates are right, 16 months.......
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Ronkh, nickclark08, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you BudgetPlan1 and The Guz...

Noticed Optimum Gloss coat missing from the list. Intentional or just been overlooked as a coating?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information