Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What coating to try next...

Well, just heard from IGL...that`s gonna be a no-go, professional only. They were cool about it, appreciated the honesty in me not claiming to be a pro and wanting to try just for my own curiosity so kudos to them for that. Shame though, recently IGL is often touted as the new greatest thing by it`s users whenever coatings are mentioned, woulda liked to see how it stacked up. Such is life...

Post Thanks / Like

Keep seeing facebook and instagram ads for R1 coatings. They look interesting.

Another option is trying cquartz UK and gliss.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I too have seen the R1 recently...I get a little `Topcoat F11`-ish when seeing something pushed hard on facebook but it certainly bears further investigation, thanks for the suggestion. The UK and Gliss combo is intriguing as well and can get those at DI either via their wholesale tier or their current special...hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Keep seeing facebook and instagram ads for R1 coatings. They look interesting.

Another option is trying cquartz UK and gliss.

Post Thanks / Like

Ordered the Syncro for use on 1

Not sure what to do on 2 & 3 yet...have some time to decide.

What`s the durability of the most `solid` Polish Angel Coating? I`d sure like to give that a try but not sure how it would fare on a minimally maintained fleet vehicle, no matter how new..

Pondering the McKees V2 for 1 as I`ve never used it, trying to get some CS-II at reasonable cost for another ( CS2USA.com Permanent Titanium Coatings )

QP-ON is another possibility, kinda an interesting `water-activated` application process: https://www.qp-on.com/en/products/3-ceramic-coating

Snatched up a trial kit of Kisho ( Product Information | KISHO Corporation )from Japan (4100 Yen to ship is only cost) so may give that a run on another vehicle I find around here. Not sure of dropping something so far outta the mainstream on a new, $32K vehicle but since I`ve had some luck with Japanese glass coatings, figr`d why not give it a go...on something else a little less, uh, fresh. Japanese products are kinda fun because in the labeling/instructions something always gets lost in translation, making for interesting reading.

If it`s truly a good product, they like to sell their Si-901 top of the line @ 32,800 Y ($289) for a 1000ml shipment, Booster is 3,600 Y ($31.79) for 1000ml so it`d be kinda cost effective. If it sounds too good to be true though....ya know how that goes.

What coating to try next...-2_sample-kit.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

How about nanolex si shield from detailers domain?
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    How about nanolex si shield from detailers domain?
    Now there`s an idea, and a good one. Have never used a Nanolex product but it seems to well liked across the pond and haven`t seen too much about here. Application process seems efficient: Nanolex Shield

I think we`ve got a contender...wonder if it comes in 50ml anywhere...not sure 30ml will cover 2 coats on a panel van but could always do roof with something else (leftover)
    Likes The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Didn`t you start a thread recently called, "Think I`m done testing coatings for a while"?
    LOL
    Just kidding Budget. Your testing and reviews are great! M-37 V2 is my vote for one of them.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Now there`s an idea, and a good one. Have never used a Nanolex product but it seems to well liked across the pond and haven`t seen too much about here. Application process seems efficient: Nanolex Shield

I think we`ve got a contender...wonder if it comes in 50ml anywhere...not sure 30ml will cover 2 coats on a panel van but could always do roof with something else (leftover)
    Amigo,
    Phil Yiu at Detailersdomain has an amazing shop in NJ. I have watched him grow for over 10+ years.
    They have tried all the Coatings ever made and have now settled on Nanolex as their go to coat.

His website has a forum and he regularly posts up his work.
    I bet you could ask him questions regarding that product and he would be happy to answer them..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to go with Polish Angel I would test Viking Coat. Use the Glasscoat Invicible primer as a base layer if you need to do a finish polish. If don`t have to polish you can use the Glasscoat Invicible primer spritz that get you the same without the polishing effect. Layer viking coat with 2 layer. And if you want to use a topper you could go with viking spritz or cosmic spritz. This maybe it`s not needed to a fleet vehical.

Post Thanks / Like

Kurt, you can order the real nanolex the si3d on eBay in 50 ml and with the prep as you want it comes from Europe where it’s common to obtain not a pro only like here

I vote for that one there is a you tube video about application

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    Didn`t you start a thread recently called, "Think I`m done testing coatings for a while"?
    LOL
    Just kidding Budget. Your testing and reviews are great! M-37 V2 is my vote for one of them.
    Funny how that goes, huh? Was expecting to kinda sit the winter out but then owner at work hands ya a check for $1500, thanks you for keeping the vehicles (including his personal car) looking good w minimal maintenance and says "We`ve got 3 new trucks coming in January". First thing I think of is "May as well try some new things!" and right back down the rabbit hole us go! Considering McKees V2 as it`s pretty identifiable around here.

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    If you want to go with Polish Angel I would test Viking Coat. Use the Glasscoat Invicible primer as a base layer if you need to do a finish polish. If don`t have to polish you can use the Glasscoat Invicible primer spritz that get you the same without the polishing effect. Layer viking coat with 2 layer. And if you want to use a topper you could go with viking spritz or cosmic spritz. This maybe it`s not needed to a fleet vehical.
    I really want to try PA but I`m just on the fence regarding durability; these vehicles could go the entire Spring/Summer with at best a soap/rinse touchless tunnel once or twice.

I really should look into how to do a quick rinseless/waterless wash on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    Kurt, you can order the real nanolex the si3d on eBay in 50 ml and with the prep as you want it comes from Europe where it’s common to obtain not a pro only like here

I vote for that one there is a you tube video about application

I see a few places in UK that offer Si3D, Si3D HD as well as Si3D BC (base coat) in 50ml. Wouldn`t be the first time I`ve ordered from the UK. What the heck, PA comes from Germany when you order direct. Quirky (some may day efficient) application if multiple layers with the Nanolex stuff.

QP-ON is interesting, as is CS-II Titanium, albeit a bit pricey for sample kit ($289).
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I haven`t yet made the jump to a coating yet. But I will soon. I want a fool proof very easy to use coating that doesn`t require any specific polish. Therefore, I`ve decided on PA Viking. Second choice is McKees new coating.

Post Thanks / Like

That`s why I recommended Viking Coat with Invicible primer and 2 layer of Viking the claims up to 24 months longevity. Cosmic is claimed with same applyied to 18-24 months of longevity. And master sealant with esclate 12 months plus of longevity. If you do a couple of decon washes during the time and apply viking or cosmic spritz or high gloss you extend that longevity. Viking Coat is made for a more northern climate with snow and rain and what it brings with it. Cosmic and Master sealant is more made for the shine and gloss that will often has a downside on the longevity of coatings. It`s like carpros cquk and cq classic where cquk is made for UK climate of heavy rain and cq classic for the looks. The sio2 is more harder and withstand rain and snow better than tio2. So think that Viking Coat has some more of sio2 ratio in it than cosmic that has a higher tio2 ratio in it. This is what I think is what is the difference between them. That`s why I think Viking Coat would suit a fleet vehical better.

Something for my personal intrest is 1 layer of cquk and 1 layer of cquarts classic and then topped with gliss would make a good combo. But to a fleet vehical 2 layers of cquk and topped with gliss would suit it better though.

Then you have the tac system products and the coating quarts uhs 90% that has a longevity of up to 3 years and I think you not be have to be a pro installer to buy. They have also quarts power plus and quarts shine coatings and the Hydrophobic Top Coat 1.0. Tac system has manufactured coatings for a long time to other well known companys and decided for a couple of years ago they would make their own detailing products. Rumor is they have manufactured products to very well known south Korea brands for a long time. They have a solid line of products. Their Quarts MAX is like cure and reload and applyies to prevent water spots as they do or just refresh the coating down the road.

Post Thanks / Like

That’s awesome he is funding your project now! Well at least 1500 towards it lol. We know how fast that money can go

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    That’s awesome he is funding your project now! Well at least 1500 towards it lol. We know how fast that money can go

I`m not sure he was a `true believer` in the coating game until I did his Ford Explorer last month with 22ple HPC. We got hit with a succession of little snowstorms immediately after and he saw how clean his vehicle stayed despite the winter carnage. A week later, hands me the check and says `this is for all the vehicles you`ve done so far...and we have 3 new ones coming if you wanna mess around with them`.

Doing vehicles in this environment sure does test them; didn`t wash any of them since application last year. Add to that some co-workers cars and everyday I can see how they`re all holding up.

Parking lot has vehicles done with:
    Gyeon Mohs w CanCoat
    Gyeon Mohs w Booster
    Gyeon Prime
    Gyeon Prime with CanCoat
    Cquartz (recently topped w CanCoat and Kamikaze Overcoat)
    Gtechniq CSL (recently topped w CanCoat and IGL Premier)
    22ple HPC topped w Finitura
    Kamikaze Miyabi + ISM + Infinity Wax + Overcoat
    Kamikaze Miyabi + ISM + Overcoat
    The Gloss Shop Ceramic V1
    The Gloss Shop Ceramic V2
    Pearl Nano

I`m starting to lose track...but it sure is fun in the rain to walk around the lot staring at hoods of all these vehicles watching them bead/sheet.

:shrug:
    Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    That`s why I recommended Viking Coat with Invicible primer and 2 layer of Viking the claims up to 24 months longevity. Cosmic is claimed with same applyied to 18-24 months of longevity. And master sealant with esclate 12 months plus of longevity. If you do a couple of decon washes during the time and apply viking or cosmic spritz or high gloss you extend that longevity. Viking Coat is made for a more northern climate with snow and rain and what it brings with it. Cosmic and Master sealant is more made for the shine and gloss that will often has a downside on the longevity of coatings. It`s like carpros cquk and cq classic where cquk is made for UK climate of heavy rain and cq classic for the looks. The sio2 is more harder and withstand rain and snow better than tio2. So think that Viking Coat has some more of sio2 ratio in it than cosmic that has a higher tio2 ratio in it. This is what I think is what is the difference between them. That`s why I think Viking Coat would suit a fleet vehical better.

Something for my personal intrest is 1 layer of cquk and 1 layer of cquarts classic and then topped with gliss would make a good combo. But to a fleet vehical 2 layers of cquk and topped with gliss would suit it better though.

Then you have the tac system products and the coating quarts uhs 90% that has a longevity of up to 3 years and I think you not be have to be a pro installer to buy. They have also quarts power plus and quarts shine coatings and the Hydrophobic Top Coat 1.0. Tac system has manufactured coatings for a long time to other well known companys and decided for a couple of years ago they would make their own detailing products. Rumor is they have manufactured products to very well known south Korea brands for a long time. They have a solid line of products. Their Quarts MAX is like cure and reload and applyies to prevent water spots as they do or just refresh the coating down the road.
    I`m pondering the PA but having a hard time with durability concerns. Also thought Viking used Escalate as primer, not Invincible.

I looked into TAC, the UHS and others. Kinda ambivalent regarding them though, figuring close enough to Gyeon that it might turn out to be pretty much the same.

Right now I`m thinking Gyeon Syncro, Nanolex Si3D (have to get from UK I think) and maybe good `ol McKees V2...although revisiting Feynlab with Ceramic Lite + Topcoat is a strong contender as well.

Have an older Ford Ranger that I`ll probably try the Kisho on with a little something different on the hood.

Decisions, decisions...
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information