Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What coating to try next...

Another coating related note: Put 2 coats of Kami Miyabi only on a friends truck 2 weeks ago, truck hasn`t been washed since.

Saw it yesterday after a heavy rainstorm, truck looked like it was just hand washed. While I have been living and enjoying the Miyabi /ISM combo on our own car, had never done Miyabi only.

Quite impressive...I was actually kinda surprised.
    Likes Ronkh, 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HCF View Post
    Good to know thanks for info on ISM/Infinity sounds like I might stick with ISM/Overcoat for self cleaning ability as its going on my daily. Curios to see how overcoat over infinity acts, look forward to your results, good chance of rain this week in Columbus area.
    Oh yeah...the Overcoat brought back the nice water behavior that had been somewhat diminished in favor of beading by the Infinity Wax.

I happened to catch the hood of the Miyabi/ISM/Infinity/(recently added) Overcoat car with
    some hose overspray yesterday while it was sitting in the driveway in full afternoon sun. Left it on there just to see if it would spot. There was some very faint spotting this morning then it rained on it today and now the spots are gone and the car looks extremely clean.

Maybe should just stop with all the underlying nonsense (coatings) and just use Overcoat after every wash. It seems to be doing most of the heavy lifting! Oh the horror, if so. I`ve been duped!

Post Thanks / Like

I finally got around to coating my Scat Pack with ISM and overcoat. I did lots of researching on forums, read your experience, Mike Lambert was very helpful answering some questions and folks at Esoteric and Kai at the open house. Kamikaze ISM was my 1st every coating I`ve applied. I was shocked how easy it was to work with and the results are great, even did all the trim. I let it cure for couple days then added overcoat. Hasn`t seen rain yet nor have I washed it and still looks great.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I finally got around to coating my Scat Pack with ISM and overcoat. I did lots of researching on forums, read your experience, Mike Lambert was very helpful answering some questions and folks at Esoteric and Kai at the open house. Kamikaze ISM was my 1st every coating I`ve applied. I was shocked how easy it was to work with and the results are great, even did all the trim. I let it cure for couple days then added overcoat. Hasn`t seen rain yet nor have I washed it and still looks great.
    Need to play more with Miyabi by itself but ISM is like the all time great coating you can ever wish for IMO - Super durability / self cleaning and dirt repellant, Non-flammable, Non VOC and no foul odor, super ease of use, Warm liquid wax like looks.

I can`t wait for the new version of Overcoat that`s said to come out later this year. Hell, the ultimate would be a spray ISM/Overcoat in one lol

I like that Kai doesn`t muck around with overly technical jargon or stuff like 9H overhyped BS.. and preaches preservation for anti aging the paint like Artificial Clear coat instead of polishing (for thin clears, though i have not tried that)
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

, even did all the trim.
    I usually end up with leftover ISM when doing the Miyabi & ISM combo so I use it up as trim coating on other cars. Just great in that capacity if a little overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by mg031 View Post
    Need to play more with Miyabi by itself
    I was really quite surprised when I saw the Miyabi-only truck the other day. It really works well on it`s own. I figured it would be nice but wow, much better than I expected.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone want some coating leftovers?

Don`t think I`ll be using any of this stuff, but if someone wants to try some samples, lemme know and I`ll box `em up and ship them to you...heck, I`ll even pay the shipping. Don`t wanna break `em up piecemeal so if anyone wants them, you`ll get them all. Oldest is the Cquartz at about 6 months and the CSL is still clear and not cloudy so I think it`s likely fine. All have been stored indoors and are probably fine. Lemme know if anyone wants the lot...otherwise in the trash they go!

Cquartz – about 20ml
    Gtechniq CSL – about 20ml
    Gtechniq Liquid Crystal C2V3 – 100ml bottle, used once
    Pearl Nano Base & Top Coat – about 15ml each
    The Gloss Shop Ceramic Coating – about 15ml

Thanks...
    Likes mg031, 512detail, Tc99m liked this post

Keep the Blues Alive! BadgerRivFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: What coating to try next...

Very generous offer BudgetPlan1!
    Al S.

​"Blues done made me wild... got deep down in my soul"
    - Buddy Guy

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone want some coating leftovers?

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Don`t think I`ll be using any of this stuff, but if someone wants to try some samples, lemme know and I`ll box `em up and ship them to you...heck, I`ll even pay the shipping. Don`t wanna break `em up piecemeal so if anyone wants them, you`ll get them all. Oldest is the Cquartz at about 6 months and the CSL is still clear and not cloudy so I think it`s likely fine. All have been stored indoors and are probably fine. Lemme know if anyone wants the lot...otherwise in the trash they go!

Cquartz – about 20ml
    Gtechniq CSL – about 20ml
    Gtechniq Liquid Crystal C2V3 – 100ml bottle, used once
    Pearl Nano Base & Top Coat – about 15ml each
    The Gloss Shop Ceramic Coating – about 15ml

Thanks...
    oh man I can imagine the testing possiblies already on the roof of my truck, lol

id be happy to test them all side by side if nobody else wants them

very generous offer indeed

Brandt K.
    Likes mg031, Tc99m liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    oh man I can imagine the testing possiblies already on the roof of my truck, lol

id be happy to test them all side by side if nobody else wants them

very generous offer indeed
    Pm me your address and I`ll send em out tomorrow
    Likes 512detail liked this post
    Thanks 512detail thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Pm me your address and I`ll send em out tomorrow
    thanks. now I have those little samples and the myabi/ism (received earlier this year) that still looks like it could be safely applied

looks like a nice little test

I`ll have to start another thread once I make a better game plan for these

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    thanks. now I have those little samples and the myabi/ism (received earlier this year) that still looks like it could be safely applied

looks like a nice little test

I`ll have to start another thread once I make a better game plan for these
    Forgot about the leftover Feynlab Ceramic, will toss that in there too. Will UPS to ya tomorrow.

Nice to have a little bit of shelf space avaliable.
    Likes 512detail, kevincwelch liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

awesome.. im gonna mix the c2v3 with ech20 and make a GTECH version of "Ron`s Mix" that I use (which has Cure in it) and use it on my GTECH coated car

Brandt K.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, BadgerRivFan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I think I`ve reached the end of the road re: trying different coatings. Although it likely only pertains to me, the way I apply coatings, the manner in which I maintain coated cars and the environment they exist in, I`ve nearly come full circle although it was quite an interesting (and educational) journey, albeit a little expensive.

Anyway, won`t be needing some things anymore so a few more items available for anyone who wants to try them, I`ll ship `em to ya n/c.

- 22plc HPC - 50ml bottle, about 10-15ml left...opened July 3, 2017 *Sending off to Ancient_1*
    - Feynlab Detailer (unopened)
    - Feynlab Wash (unopened)
    - Feynlab Prime (unopened)

Lemme know...
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I would really like to try the HPC but with most all the stuff I have coated with CSL/Exo I don`t know what the Feynlab products would be compatible with. I do have 1 truck left to coat a 2007 Silverado that would be a good home for the 22ple.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient_1 View Post
    I would really like to try the HPC but with most all the stuff I have coated with CSL/Exo I don`t know what the Feynlab products would be compatible with. I do have 1 truck left to coat a 2007 Silverado that would be a good home for the 22ple.

Only about 10-15ml left in the 22ple HPC bottle...likely not enough for full vehicle.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information