Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What coating to try next...

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Yeah this is supposedly referred to as TiO2. BAsically regular cquartz or cquartz classic. I stumbled upon that combo on Autogeek. Seems to be somewhat common as I saw another post on the carpro forum on a blue truck.
    Blue Ford? That was probably my thread you saw (possibly)

Putting down UK before Classic is a fantastic combo. Just be sure to note that Classic will be ready for removal much faster when layered on UK vs applying standalone.

Living in Canada, this combo makes sense. UK holds up much better in our terrible climate than Classic, so the UK becomes a strong base coat, and the Classic becomes the more hydrophobic layer. Just top off with Reload and you`re good to go 👍

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    HDR Detailing
    Saskatchewan - based Premium Detailing Services

Website ||
    Facebook
    Likes The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

22ple HPC 2nd coat was uneventful using Gyeon block and microsuade cloth. Went on pretty much like other coatings.

This stuff is just so easy to use, despite the somewhat unconventional `feel` during application of first coat. Pretty much applied to half of one side of van at a time. At about 64 degrees, just a light buff off and no worries about high spots.

Probably the best way to describe final appearance (after VS1 Final Coat) ...gloss. It is of the `molten glass` variety. Much more so than the Cquartz on its sister vehicle, which was pretty much in the same condition immediately before coating.

It was a very entertaining product to use and final appearance is (to my tastes) quite stunning on the red, non metallic paint. Would be great if this one has legs and it`s self-cleaning abilities measure up.

Likes MattPersman, Ronkh liked this post
    Thanks MattPersman thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good buddy! Thanks for continued sharing of your battles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

@Budgetplan1
    First of all, an excellent thread that matches my style of work with the coatings and other products in general i.e. Trying something new every time and refine the "what`s best" list.
    I am outside US though so acquiring coatings isn`t the easiest.

Give the sonax cc36 a try please and share feedback on comparison with others. I don`t recall to have seen it needs PNS topping after six months (their prior semi coating mentioned that but not cc36). On Autopia today it`s on reduced price and 15% on top so about 30+% reduction.

Also give IGL quartz a try and you will be pleased. In the hottest of temps I did 2 layers on a C class and one more on good and still had 6-7ml left and I apply thick. Here`s some eye candy for you (captured from iPhone ):

Another coating for you to try is nanolex Si3d (available in US by a slightly different name than si3d on detailersdomain):

Likes tom p. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sealthedeal View Post
    @Budgetplan1
    First of all, an excellent thread that matches my style of work with the coatings and other products in general i.e. Trying something new every time and refine the "what`s best" list.
    I am outside US though so acquiring coatings isn`t the easiest.
    Yep...that was kinda the point of the exercise...find something that mixes performance and appearance...

Give the sonax cc36 a try please and share feedback on comparison with others. I don`t recall to have seen it needs PNS topping after six months (their prior semi coating mentioned that but not cc36). On Autopia today it`s on reduced price and 15% on top so about 30+% reduction.
    I considered it but the application instructions noted applying PNS to it after 6 months; if I got apply something else after 6 months...not worth my trouble.

Also give IGL quartz a try and you will be pleased. In the hottest of temps I did 2 layers on a C class and one more on good and still had 6-7ml left and I apply thick.
    Looked into it, don`t think a consumer/non-pro could get it...but I did try!

Now that all vehicles are going in and out each day, not really able to prep/correct/try on any more vehicles for a while. Still have Gyeon Prime and Dr. Beasleys Nano Coat sitting here that I didn`t get to. Will have to find a vehicle to try those on at some point.

As for the ones I did try, will have to watch to see how longevity/self-cleaning abilities hold up. Based on application and initial looks to me they rank (best to worse):
    1. 22ple HPC (2 layers) + VS1 Final Coat - By far the glossiest, application is crazy easy. Super-slick finish. This one may have made me change my mind on what I was gonna put on my personal cars this Spring if longevity and self-cleaning abilities match it`s initial appearance. A bit pricey compared to the others.
    2. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light (1 layer) + Liquid Crystal C2V3 - Darkened paint, good gloss, easy application
    3. Pearl Nano - 2 part Base Coat + Top Coat - This will be interesting; tha application smell, feel and final looks reminded me of Kamikaze Miyabi + ISM; if it performs the same, definite winner at a slightly lower cost than the Kami combo (which I currently have on a personal car and has performed amazingly over the last 6 months.
    4. Gloss Shop Ceramic Coating (2 layers): Excellent looks on a dark metallic vehicle, easy application, low cost. If it holds up this could be a very good lower cost option to `name brand` coatings
    5. Gyeon Mohs (2 layers) + Gyeon Cure - Looks OK, glossy enough but nothing really stood out to me on this one. I was hoping to have my socks knocked off because I love me some Gyeon stuff.
    6. Cquartz `Classic`? (1 layer) - Regular consumer version of CQuartz - Application was easy, about 30-40ml covered entire 2016 Ford E250 Transit Extended Van. Was not super-slick so I went over with some Gyeon Cure. It has kinda gown on me a bit since application though.

I think that`s all...for now.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    22ple HPC 2nd coat was uneventful using Gyeon block and microsuade cloth. Went on pretty much like other coatings.

This stuff is just so easy to use, despite the somewhat unconventional `feel` during application of first coat. Pretty much applied to half of one side of van at a time. At about 64 degrees, just a light buff off and no worries about high spots.

Probably the best way to describe final appearance (after VS1 Final Coat) ...gloss. It is of the `molten glass` variety. Much more so than the Cquartz on its sister vehicle, which was pretty much in the same condition immediately before coating.

It was a very entertaining product to use and final appearance is (to my tastes) quite stunning on the red, non metallic paint. Would be great if this one has legs and it`s self-cleaning abilities measure up.

Well, that lasted a whole 10 days before Tech catches garage door with roof; eh, such is life.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

ouch
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Finally got to try the Gyeon Prime today on a black metallic Focus. Hadda be a quick deal after work so Flex 3401, orange LC Force orange pad & M101.took care of prep and left a pretty= good finish. 2 coats Prime will hit with Cure tomorrow. Nice looking coating, kinda economical. Strengths are supposed to be water behavior and durability a claimed 12 months.

The GYEON Prime was very easy application, apply, wipe off a minute or so later. Easy removal/buffing. Suede applicator cloth hardened after use for whatever that`s worth.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

You have been added to the bad influence list along with Ron....

Ordered Miyabi/ ISM, 22ple HPC/VS1, PA Cosmic kit.

Thinking Miyabi on Vette, 22ple on Mercedes and PA on Cruze.....
    Semper Fidelis!
    Matt

`20 Rapid Blue C8 2LT Z51, deposit 7/20/19, born 11/17/20 and delivered 11/28/20. Yeah, the dates are right, 16 months.......
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajUSMC View Post
    You have been added to the bad influence list along with Ron....

Ordered Miyabi/ ISM, 22ple HPC/VS1, PA Cosmic kit.

Thinking Miyabi on Vette, 22ple on Mercedes and PA on Cruze.....
    Anything I can do to help folks spend money on product although not sure anyone can surpass Ron...I open my boxes when they arrive.

Between Kamikaze and 22ple, Kami is a softer glow although it really does something unique w/ metallic...kinda really brings it out. 22ple is a `max gloss` kinda thing. Was gonna use it on our black Vette (non metallic) to get the greatest gloss. Went with the Kami on the black metallic WRX for durability (year round driver) and the characteristics of it on the heavily metallic paint. Will likely not re-do the Vette this year as the WG Uber is still performing well (put away for winter).

The Kamikaze combo on our metallic blue Civic is really nice too and when I want to add some extra pop/gloss to it I get out the Polish Angel High Gloss spritz which really gives a nice, sharper, harder gloss when I wanna look at that for a bit. The Kami combo sure does stay clean regardless; could be the Miyabi/ISM and/or the Kamkaze Overcoat but it`s quite impressive. I wish I had some solid evidence of the 22ple durability but it`s only been a month since i put it on fleet van and so far, quite excellent.
    Likes SgtMajUSMC liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I had my 2017 Allroad coated with Nanolex by Phil Of Detailer`s Domain. Only a few months old, but I`m impressed.Anyone else give this a try?

Post Thanks / Like

Got around to using Gyeon Prime again this past weekend; some kinda mint green Toyota Camry. Application was very easy, flashed and ready for removal in about 1m 30s...very easy light buff off at that time (60 degrees indoor warehouse). Time will tell but it seems to be a nice, middle of the road choice, somewhat economical if bought on sale. The little baby bottle of Cure is a nice addition to the kit. Hard, glossy look to it.

Went with 1 more liberal coat on Camry with 30ml bottle. Somehow I thought Camrys were smaller.

Washed last week`s Focus with Gyeon Bathe+ and Gyeon Wetcoat. Finally got to see it in sun as its rained 9 outta the past 10 days. Looks a a bit glossier after a week.

Almost forgot, but still have a bottle of Dr. Beasley`s Nano Resin to try...
    Likes Ronkh, MattPersman, mnehls86 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob m View Post
    I had my 2017 Allroad coated with Nanolex by Phil Of Detailer`s Domain. Only a few months old, but I`m impressed.Anyone else give this a try?
    Not much info out there on it and they have a different version on DD than what you find any reviews on. Interested but then again lots of us are interested in all coatings hence BudgetPlan`s thread lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quick Picture Update:

Applied...best I can recall

Cquartz - 01-31-2017 (topped with Gyeon Cure after application)
    Gyeon Mohs - 02/19/2017 (topped with Gyeon Cure after application) - 2 layers
    CSL - 02/28/2017 or thereabouts (topped with Liquid Crystal C2V3 after application) - 2 layers
    Pearl Nano - 03/20-2017 - base coat + top coat
    Gloss Shop Ceramic Coating - 03/27/2017 - 2 layers
    22ple HPC - 03/31/2017 (topped with VS1 Final Coat after application) - 2 layers

In short:
    - Vehicles have rec`d absolutely no attention from me since application day; no wash, no wipe down...nothing.
    - Weather here in NE Ohio has ranged from nice and sunny to snowy to light rain to monsoon rain, vehicles sit outside all the time for the most part, daily driven since March.
    - The one thing that stands out is the self-cleaning abilities...22ple HPC in a landslide. Thing just always looks good.

22PLE HPC
    What coating to try next...-22ple.jpg

Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light
    What coating to try next...-csl.jpg

The Gloss Shop Ceramic Coating
    What coating to try next...-gloss-shop.jpg

Gyeon Mohs
    What coating to try next...-gyeon-mohs.jpg

Pearl Nano
    What coating to try next...-pearl-nano.jpg

As far as ranking the self cleaning/looks of them (with no upkeep whatsoever), they for the most part fall into 3 groups:

Amazing - Very few water spots: 22ple HPC

Good - Some water spotting but from 2ft away, still look very good: Gyeon Mohs and Pearl Nano

Average - Water spots like it just rained on a dusty car - Looks OK from about 2ft but spotting visible from that distance: CSL & The Gloss Shop Ceramic

Didn`t see the Cquartz coated vehicle today but I seem to recall it would likely fall in between amazing and good, tending towards good.

The 22plc HPC is simply otherwordly at this point in comparison to the others, rivaling the Kamikaze Miyabi + ISM I have on one of our daily drivers (applied 10/2015...that thing just always looks clean also). Will be doing a black Honda SUV this week with the 22ple HPC and I`ll see this car every day in the parking lot too so we`ll see if results are consistent.

All vehicles are beading quite nicely as of our 9 straight days of rain last week.

Perhaps the CSL would rival the 22ple if`n I had topped it with EXO. I did order up some TAC Systems Moonlight whihc I`m gonna try by itself on a prepped hood of a vehicle and well as a prepped hood with CSL applied before the Moonlight. Not sure what that`ll prove but what the heck.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes mnehls86, HCF liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Is the 22ple HPC good enough to be twice the cost of Cquartz or CSL?

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information