Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What coating to try next...

Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajUSMC View Post
    Thanks! I might just stick with the WG since I know all the ins and outs with it. Every car I see from Esoteric with the Myobi is stunning but they also have way more skills than me in prep.

Metallic..... it is in the name but I haven`t seen one in person and close up photos don`t show it. I suspect it is same GM color as Laguna Blue/blue my mind and they just used a new name for a new car...hyper blue metallic. No factual basis for that though. We will see. Blue is one of those colors than can show up twelve ways in a photo.

Ron- I am stealing that screen licker pic. Awesome.

When you`re home and pick that up, then back home again, you`re not too far from Mike Lambert.
    He`s SUPER helpful.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes SgtMajUSMC liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

^^^ cant come soon enough. My life is that TOTO song Africa as of late and I have had enough of this whole continent. Just shy of two months and I will kiss American ground again

I will reach out to Mike when it gets closer. Thanks Ron.
    Semper Fidelis!
    Matt

`20 Rapid Blue C8 2LT Z51, deposit 7/20/19, born 11/17/20 and delivered 11/28/20. Yeah, the dates are right, 16 months.......
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Metallic..... it is in the name...
    Yeah, kinda noticed that after I posted; sometimes my attention to, uh, `detail` is somewhat lacking.

I remember reading all of your WG Uber related posts before I used it last Spring...they were quite helpful.

Recall you topped it with WG Fuzion at one point, initially thought it added a little something `extra` but later decided maybe not so much, which pretty much mirrored my experience as at first I tried topping the WRX with various `black friendly` products and later decided it really didn`t help. Stopped the `topping a coating` thing mid summer last year and I think it all works out better just using synergistic SiO2 products like Cure, Wetcoat, Bathe+ and most notably, Kamikaze Overcoat as that stuff is truly magnificent in terms of looks and performance (in my very subjective and limited opinion anyway).

Mike Lambert was a great resource leading up to and during the Kami prep and application, as was Zack at Esoteric who immediately replied to a question I had late Sunday night on the day I was applying.

It`s all good no matter what you choose...only person who needs to be happy with it is you.

Can`t wait to see which way you go and more importantly catch some pics afterward; I`ll bet it will be stunning!
    Likes SgtMajUSMC liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I didn` use the Fuzion again. Looked great but was a magnet for dust and changed the coating properties. WG spritz was my go to. Wanted to try Overcoat and didn`t get around to it before Uncle Sam sent me on a Vacation.
    Semper Fidelis!
    Matt

`20 Rapid Blue C8 2LT Z51, deposit 7/20/19, born 11/17/20 and delivered 11/28/20. Yeah, the dates are right, 16 months.......
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

^^^ Nothing special to add except Thanks for your service and Semper Fi brother!!!
    Jay
    USMC `61-`65
    Likes SgtMajUSMC, BudgetPlan1, jrock645 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

CQuartz UK, Gyeon MOHS, Gtechniq CSL w/ Liquid Crystal c2v3 done. For some intangible reason I`m initially most pleased with the CSL application/looks.

Application for all was surprisingly uneventful with no high spots that required re-doing. Cquartz & CSL done in a 55-60 degree warehouse, Gyeon MOHS at home in garage on 60 degree day.

Sitting on desk waiting to go are The Gloss Shop Ceramic Coating and 22ple HPC and Gyeon Q2 Booster on the way which I think I`ll use over McKees Paint Coating although I have enough Cquartz UK and CSL left that I could use those as a base for Booster as well. Decisions, decisions...

Might add Gyeon Prime to the list as I really seem to like Gyeon stuff lately but other than that, kinda outta coating choices I want to try.

So far the vehicles aren`t seeing much use but in about a month they should all see pretty intense daily use so that`s when it`ll get interesting.

It is fun to walk in work every morning and see the finished ones lined up and see the slight differences in appearance between them.

Post Thanks / Like

What about gloss coat ? There is the Kamikaze line of coatings. 22ple, IGL looks interesting as well as Pearl Nano.

Then the Sonax coating just recently came out as well

It`s cool you have the platforms to do all of these. We appreciate the testing What coating to try next...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

What are you using on your personal vehicles?

I`ve got Wolfgang on three and happy with it. Ordered a new ZL1 and trying to decide what to go with on that when I get it.

Supposed to be built week of 17 April. Hyper Blue Metallic with new A10. Will match my LB C7.

Love this car and color. Can`t wait to see yours!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    What about gloss coat ? There is the Kamikaze line of coatings. 22ple, IGL looks interesting as well as Pearl Nano.

Then the Sonax coating just recently came out as well

It`s cool you have the platforms to do all of these. We appreciate the testing What coating to try next...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have the Kamikaze Miyabi x2 plus ISM x1 on one of our personal cars already...it`s what will be going on our other cars this Spring. Simply incredible looks, performance and self-cleaning properties. I *know* that stuff works!

Have 22ple HPC sitting on my desk, will probably apply next weekend w/ their VS1 Final Coat on top.

Probably gonna try the Optimum Gloss Coat since I can grab a 10cc tube of that for around $40 so why not?

IGL sounds nice, maybe I`ll see if I can get some of that somewhere; wanted to try Beeds but I don`t think a non-pro can get a hold of that.

Can snatch some Jade Quartz locally and at $120 for $50 ml bottle not too expensive.

For some reason the Sonax didn`t interest me but just watched the SEMA video on it and now I`m intrigued.

This is all self-funded so cost v. entertainment value will eventually reach a tipping point...but restraint ain`t one of my better qualities so who knows. Usually i wsit for one of the supply joints to have at m8nimum a 20% off offer so cost doesnt get stupid crazy.

Also, while our fleet contains many small Ford Rangers (which I can usually get 2 coats outta 30ml bottle), after that it`s Ford E250 panel vans (gotta move up to 50ml bottle) and I`m getting a little tired of correction those darn things, especially the roofs! Doing a 2016 Ford Transit Extended just seemed to go on forever What coating to try next...

Post Thanks / Like

The Sonax offering just seems like an afterthought. I looks like is would be easy to apply, but they say apply PNS after 6 months. I like PNS as a stand alone that lasts 6 months on its own. Plenty of options. I`m still loving CarPro CQuartz, easy to apply and looks great. Pinnacle V2 is so easy it`s like cheating. So many good coatings on the market it is hard to go wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    The Sonax offering just seems like an afterthought. I looks like is would be easy to apply, but they say apply PNS after 6 months.
    Well, given that condition, the Sonax is out. Part of what I`m looking for is long-term, good self cleaning properties and nice looks.

I`m hoping the Gyeon Mohs comes out on top but gotta say the Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light is my favorite so far for reasons I can`t quantify yet. It just `feels` like my favorite so far (excluding the Kamikaze stuff).

May give the regular CQuartz a try. (oops...looks like i DID already give CQuartz a try...thinking it was CQuartz UK...Doh!)

All things could change once these vehicles are out on the road daily 8n about a month or so.

During Spring/Summer the most attention these things will get will likely be a Gyeon Bathe+ wash and Gyeon Wetcoat rinse once a month or so.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Well, given that condition, the Sonax is out. Part of what I`m looking for is long-term, good self cleaning properties and nice looks.

I`m hoping the Gyeon Mohs comes out on top but gotta say the Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light is my favorite so far for reasons I can`t quantify yet. It just `feels` like my favorite so far (excluding the Kamikaze stuff).

May give the regular CQuartz a try.

All things could change once these vehicles are out on the road daily 8n about a month or so.

During Spring/Summer the most attention these things will get will likely be a Gyeon Bathe+ wash and Gyeon Wetcoat rinse once a month or so.
    How about the Cquatz UK + Cquartz TiO2 combo. Looks like a nice combination worth trying.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...island-ny.html

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...island-ny.html

Here is what Corey told me when I messaged him about the benefits of this combo.

Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes cliffgorge9012 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well, a little note of clarity re: the CQuartz UK...apparently I actually applied the `regular` CQuartz. Double checked the original order and, yep, CQuartz itself (which I`m guessing is now the CQuartz TiO2?) was what I ordered. Ooops...so, any references above to CQuartz UK should be read as `CQuartz`. On the plus side, the CQuartz applied very nicely in 55 degree weather...

I`ll bet yer all really having faith in any results of anything I do now ...such is life. Anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    How about the Cquatz UK + Cquartz TiO2 combo. Looks like a nice combination worth trying.
    Well, this certainly looks like an interesting combo; since I have about 20ml of Cquartz sitting here, could easily snatch up 30ml of the UK (Yeah, the actual UK version this time!) and give it a go. I think I will once I`m done with the 22ple HPC (later this week) and the Gloss Shop Ceramic coating. Bit of a shame as someone was just offering 20% off last weekend on CarPro products...Doh! This is the first I`ve heard about the UK as a base + CQuartz on top; is this common?

Quote Originally Posted by cliffgorge9012 View Post
    Try the Pearl nano ceramic coating or email Dave@Pearlnano.com it is good in business here in Philippines, I have guaranteed 3-5years of protection. I have been using lots of ceramic coating ever since. From Ceramic Pro, and Cquartz UK. But now switching other ceramic coating thats for my opinion it is very good and satisfied clients. So far so good here in my detailing shops. Mark Barger a Professional and Technical detailer/owner of Visual Pro Detailing conducting a training there and it helps for your auto detailing business Join us on Pearl Nano Coatings FB Groups. The Groups dedicated to educating, helping and communicating with the detailers and installers who use and/ or sell the Pearl Nano Coating products.
    I`d be more than happy to give it a shot if pricing is reasonable but my cursory investigations indicate this may be another `Pro Only` type deal (ie. IGL and Beeds) so not sure I could get my hands on it.
    Likes cliffgorge9012 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post

Well, this certainly looks like an interesting combo; since I have about 20ml of Cquartz sitting here, could easily snatch up 30ml of the UK (Yeah, the actual UK version this time!) and give it a go. I think I will once I`m done with the 22ple HPC (later this week) and the Gloss Shop Ceramic coating. Bit of a shame as someone was just offering 20% off last weekend on CarPro products...Doh! This is the first I`ve heard about the UK as a base + CQuartz on top; is this common?
    Yeah this is supposedly referred to as TiO2. BAsically regular cquartz or cquartz classic. I stumbled upon that combo on Autogeek. Seems to be somewhat common as I saw another post on the carpro forum on a blue truck.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I talked to them yesterday, began the process to see if I can get a hold of some. Initially it looks like it may be a winner if it performs as advertised. Of course, the world would be a much better place if everything worked as advertised. Nice folks too.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information