Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What coating to try next...

Thinking I might go Sparkle+/Top Coat, but that`d be an expensive alternative to Syncro, which was my first thought and has been sitting in my AG shopping cart...

My Gyeon Mohs is at 2y now, and the sheeting isn`t nearly as brisk and the beads are a little flatter...

(Sent via my mobile device...)

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | 2015 Toyota Highlander
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Have not heard much about Sparkle; hmmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    Thinking I might go Sparkle+/Top Coat, but that`d be an expensive alternative to Syncro, which was my first thought and has been sitting in my AG shopping cart...

My Gyeon Mohs is at 2y now, and the sheeting isn`t nearly as brisk and the beads are a little flatter...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Have not heard much about Sparkle; hmmmm....
    I haven`t either. But I`ve used Shine and it`s pretty good - easy to apply. Most of their other stuff is decent.

But it`s different and new!

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)

Post Thanks / Like

Can you buy sparkle in the US? Here it`s a pro detailers coating. I don`t know the truth about the rumor that tac system did alot of manufactures of coatings to other companys. They claims that they have manufactured coatings since 1995. And they did för well known companys too. In 2012 they started their own line of detailing products. They where very early to manufactured water based polishes in 2006. So they are not so new to creating products but new to do it in an own line of products.

I`m very intresting in uhs coating and even alone also. But with their top coating it would be a real contender to the longest longevity in the coatings segment.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven`t either. But I`ve used Shine and it`s pretty good - easy to apply. Most of their other stuff is decent.

But it`s different and new!

Ah...didnt realize we were talking about TAC Systems.

UHS looked interesting. Wonder what`s so great about 2 part Climax to warrant $389 price tag?

Looks like one could purchase all coatings from USA website. Moderately pricey.

Sure don`t hear much about them here; have heard more about them on some UK forums, Moonlight is a favorite over there it seems.

Post Thanks / Like

How much is Finest or Modesta?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Ah...didnt realize we were talking about TAC Systems.

UHS looked interesting. Wonder what`s so great about 2 part Climax to warrant $389 price tag?

Looks like one could purchase all coatings from USA website. Moderately pricey.

Sure don`t hear much about them here; have heard more about them on some UK forums, Moonlight is a favorite over there it seems.
    The tac system Climax is their 5 year coating for pro installers. It`s no flash time just crosswise application and directly wipe off and that is important to do in only one direction. Then the second phase is applyied after 2 hours and this one can be layered.

One layer of tac system Sparkle plus is 3+ years. And is straight forward application of it also with no flash time. After an hour quarts max needs to be applyied to prevent water spotting during the full curing time for Sparkle Plus.
    Thanks BudgetPlan1, kevincwelch thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I`m going for Sparkle+ and Top Coat then. I just wish they`d have discounts and sales.

Likes BudgetPlan1, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I`m going for Sparkle+ and Top Coat then. I just wish they`d have discounts and sales.
    Wonder if it`s possible to cure without IR?

Should try TAC at some point but no IR avaliable. Probably just as well.

Looking forward to your experience wirh it.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve got Sparkle Plus, which is supposed to be 90% Si02. Planning on topping it with Top Coat. I just wish they would give better (some) instructions on how to apply. I guess it will apply like any other coating. Just waiting for a few days of good weather to get started.

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t know why it would have to be IR cured. Doesn`t that just accelerate the curing? Even their entry level coating describes IR coating. When they say "max efficiency," I think they mean equivalent to fastest cure.

Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I’ve got Sparkle Plus, which is supposed to be 90% Si02. Planning on topping it with Top Coat. I just wish they would give better (some) instructions on how to apply. I guess it will apply like any other coating. Just waiting for a few days of good weather to get started.
    Not the greatest for sure.

I did get this from David about 9 months ago when inquiring:

1)shelf life for unopened coatings, im actually waiting on an answer from the manufacturer myself. Open coatings shelf life is 3 months, i can atleast tell you that right now.2)as far as comparing tacsystem coatings to gtechniq or gyeon is something i cannot do, havent really played with gyeon at all and only tried gtehcniq twice. i do know this - our coatings is one layer for X amount of durabilty. for UHS or sparkle is one layer for 3 years durability. after an hour of application you can add a coating topper (quartz max) or top.coat 1.0 or an additional layer of UHS or Sparkle. most companies wont give you the % of Sio2 in their coatings, we do.
    3)all description i gave you will be on the new website. not live yet, just parked for now. TAC System Car Care Products - TAC System USA - not completely live right now.
    4) top coat can be added on top of sparkle and UHS - super hydrophobic surface. can be used as a lsp as well.

And besides having a s*** ton of MF suede, the box of Shine I got did have some additional instructions.

Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t think I can link to the place I buy it from. It`s the Swedish reseller of tac system and Polish Angel. The write up on the products is in English though so if anyone want the link to the website just send a pm. Or google streetpower-rekond or write it in the webbrowser and finish with dot se and you can navigate your way through.

What I have noticed with tac system is that their description can vary alot from place to place. So many times it`s best to look at the product bottle or package. For an example I have their one step compound tac system Refinish Ultra that claims to get p600 sanding marks. Some says it to have sio2 in it as a primer. But the long lasting gloss they say is for it`s not any fillers in them so what you see is what you get. Also they mixup the deminishing abrasive and non deminishing abrasive. As far as I know to be accurate is their Refinish 1-3 polishes is non deminishing abrasive and Refinish Ultra is a deminishing abrasive. The Refinish Ultra and Refinish 1 has the same cutting ability but RU is deminishing abrasive and R1 is non deminishing abrasive.

Then for those who is intresting to use a coating that needs certified installer. You have the ability to do so with Climax and Sparkle Plus. The uhs was just released to the consumer here in Sweden. I think that the IR cure is for be able to apply the second phase without the 2 hours waiting time. That I think is a great way for pro detailers to have. But do respect this coatings as they are the real deal I think. So it`s not a thing for a beginner as me. And be prepared to the extreme high concentration of sio2 they have in them. That is what is the difference between consumer and certified installer coatings IMO. But what an oppertunity for you weekend warriors that wants to test this out and for you pro detailers also that wants to test certified installer coatings!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    If you want to go with Polish Angel I would test Viking Coat. Use the Glasscoat Invicible primer as a base layer if you need to do a finish polish. If don`t have to polish you can use the Glasscoat Invicible primer spritz that get you the same without the polishing effect. Layer viking coat with 2 layer. And if you want to use a topper you could go with viking spritz or cosmic spritz. This maybe it`s not needed to a fleet vehical.
    Add to that, it’s a product that’s sold here....

(I will admit, considering going the PA route and would like to see your comparison thoughts)

Post Thanks / Like

Nanolex Si3D

Different, but interesting in an odd kinda way...

Halfway through the victim/vehicle, not sure what to think yet.

Nanolex Si3D Application: https://youtu.be/_sTPs-0lr4I

What coating to try next...-nanolex_instructions.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information