Post Thanks / Like

Matte coating: Dr Beasley`s or Gyeon ???

I think this is a good start:

Dr. Beasley’s Matte Paint Cleanser

Prep your matte surface for long lasting protection!

Dr. Beasley’s Matte Paint Cleanser is the clay bar alternative for matte finishes as well as a heavy cleaner. As traditional clay or even synthetic clay bar substitutes cannot be used on matte finishes, Dr. Beasley’s manufactured a product to fully prep a matte surface for a matte coating or sealant. Dr Beasley’s Matte Paint Cleanser will rid your matte surface of microscopic particles that hinder proper sealant as well as clean heavily soiled areas – all while being perfectly safe for use on matte finishes!
    Dr. Beasley`s Matte Paint Cleanser helps to clean heavily soiled spots and preps your surface for a matte coating!

With the current trend in matte automotive finishes rising, the detailing car care world has had to keep up! So many detailing products that are perfect for use on standard paint finishes, simply won’t work on a matte surface. In fact, many will actually cause damage if used on a matte surface – but that’s where Dr. Beasley’s Matte Paint Cleanser comes in!

Designed specifically for matte surfaces and finishes, Dr. Beasley’s Matte Paint Cleanser will rid your surface of bonded contaminants, debris, dirt and microscopic particles that can hinder a matte coating’s ability to fully adhere to the surface. In simple terms, Dr. Beasley’s Matte Paint Cleanser acts as a clay bar does on standard paint finishes.

Traditionally before applying a paint coating, you would need first a clay bar treatment, then a wipe down with a surface prep product or IPA blend, but Dr. Beasley’s Matte Paint Cleanser does the work of both of these steps on matte finishes in just one application!

Dr. Beasley’s Matte Paint Cleanser also works as a heavy cleaner on matte surfaces. Contaminants such as grease and heavy soil, generally found on wheels and tires, will quickly be removed after using Dr. Beasley’s Matte Paint Cleanser. If after washing you notice some areas on your matte finish with tougher stains, simply spray with Dr. Beasley’s Matte Paint Cleanser and be on your way

but then do I get Gyeon or Beasley`s matte coating offering?

Gyeon Q2 Matte 50ml

The durable matte paint coating you`ve been looking for!

GYEON Q2 Matte is an easy to apply, durable coating specifically designed to protect and enhance matte finishes. With a durability longevity of 12 months, GYEON Q2 Matte is the only product you’ll need to keep up with your matte accents, panels, or wraps. GYEON Q2 Matte leaves a neutral finish on matte and satin finishes, thanks to the highly advanced silicon dioxide based formula. With a high UV protection compound and great self-cleaning properties, GYEON Q2 Matte provides long lasting results.

Matte finishes can be tricky; they look modern and sleek, but upkeep can be a pain. One wrong product can leave splotches, smears, and stains marring the perfect finish of your car. Forget those “tips” other people have given you for your matte finish, GYEON has done the hard work for you and provided the first coating of its kind – a coating made JUST for matte finishes.

GYEON has already used their specialized formula of SiO2 to create long lasting paint and trim coatings, and they have now formulated a matte coating using those same characteristics. GYEON Q2 Matte will not hurt your matte finish – it will only leave the surface protected against the elements and imbibed with self-cleaning and increased water-beading capabilities.

Included in the GYEON Q2 Matte is a matte surface detailer, GYEON Cure Matte – this will extend the life of your matte coating as it is formulated with a special hydrophobic spray sealant. With the GYEON Q2 Matte, your matte finish will stay looking new for much longer than you would think!

Beasley`s Matte Coating

Finally – a coating for your matte finish!

Dr. Beasley’s Matte Paint Coating is one of the first paint coatings on the market specifically designed for matte finishes. This specialized formula does not contain any silicone or glossy ingredients and is not a wax so it will not discolor or streak your matte finish. Dr. Beasley’s Matte Paint Coating simply leaves a molecule thick layer of protection on your matte surface that will last hundreds of washes!
    Dr. Beasley`s Matte Paint Coating is applied on wet paint and requires zero cure time!

With so many car manufacturers today offering the option of a matte finish, the detailing product industry has had to go back to the drawing boards to discover products that protect and enhance matte finishes. Luckily, many have risen to the challenge admirably – and Dr. Beasley’s Matte Paint Coating is one of the products that stands out.

Designed to act just like a traditional paint coatings, but on matte finishes, Dr. Beasley’s Matte Paint Coating creates a layer of protection that bonds directly to the surface. This layer of protection keeps dirt, dust, debris, and water from staining the surface and makes maintenance washes easier than ever.

Dr. Beasley’s Matte Paint Coating is only a molecule thick, but it’s this thickness that makes the coating so effective. Rather than filling in the tiny imperfections that are standard on a matte coating and causing streaking and an uneven finish, Dr. Beasley’s Matte Paint Coating allows those tiny crevices to remain, preserving the matte effect.

The bond formed between Dr. Beasley’s Matte Paint Coating and your matte surface is so strong that protection will last for hundreds of car washes – much longer than your standard paint finish wax or sealant! Keep your matte finish looking it’s best with Dr. Beasley’s Matte Paint Coating.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Matte coating: Dr Beasley`s or Gyeon ???

This was posted a little bit ago by Jeff at Gyeon: NEW RELEASE: GYEON Quartz Q2 Matte Paint Coating
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RatZ1LLa View Post
    This was posted a little bit ago by Jeff at Gyeon: NEW RELEASE: GYEON Quartz Q2 Matte Paint Coating
    thanks

I guess I should frequent the geek more often, but I`d rather they just posted on both sites, its a simple copy and paste

I bet the gyeon is much better but the dr beasleys cures instantly...that just seems strange to me . .maybe is like a super sealant or something

when someone says "hundreds of washes" I can`t help but think of that wipeNEW infomercial

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Same here. I saw that "hundreds of washes" crapola and immediately dismissed it. I am getting quite tired of seeing manufacturers boasts of longetivity not backed up with a money back guarantee. If it fails after 199 washes (that`s a lot!) then you get your money refunded based on false advertising. Why didn`t they say "it lasts a very long time"? Either back up claims with data or just says something like "lasts longer than wax" or something that sounds less like pure manure.
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Same here. I saw that "hundreds of washes" crapola and immediately dismissed it. I am getting quite tired of seeing manufacturers boasts of longetivity not backed up with a money back guarantee. If it fails after 199 washes (that`s a lot!) then you get your money refunded based on false advertising. Why didn`t they say "it lasts a very long time"? Either back up claims with data or just says something like "lasts longer than wax" or something that sounds less like pure manure.
    agreed
    What really disturbs me is Any claimed longevity without proper validation.

Lasts 1 year or 3 years, etc...ok so obviously you`ve come to this conclusion somehow. Is this based of the standard expected degradation of the silica strand in your coating or what?

Leaves the consumer confused IMO and potentially feeling like someone is trying to pull one over their eyes.

I sometimes wash my car 3 times a week, so I`ll get to 199 faster than my client who only washes it once a month etc. Hundreds...such a large standard deviation when claiming hundreds of days.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

I mean if the Beasley lasted 6 solid months, that`d make it almost worth it since its seems to be so easy to apply but it is essentially the same price as the q2 matte when you subtract the roughly $30 for the matte cure

i just want a big bottle of matte cure to start with really but I can only find it inline in a kit

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

going with gyeon matte fyi

Brandt K.
    Likes tom p. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I just watched the Mike Philips/GYEON video on the matte product. Looks good but I don`t need anything close to 50cc of product.
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like

I can tell you from experience, Griot`s ergo wave sponge works like a clay bar on matte finishes with no problem and followed by kamakaze myabi you will have no issues. Check our website for pictures of a ford raptor in matte Ferrari gray

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    I can tell you from experience, Griot`s ergo wave sponge works like a clay bar on matte finishes with no problem..
    That`s their yellow thing, right? Never woulda thought it`d be OK on paint!

Post Thanks / Like

That sponge is amazing! You can rub it dry on black paint and not scratch it!

Thread Information