Post Thanks / Like

Carpro Essence Question

Anybody top Essence Primer with FK1000P, anybody know if they would even play together? (As in no *pseudo-holograms*) Really curious because of the foundation that Essence lays as it can be used as an AIO and will last for a year-ish. I`ve read that Essence by itself sheets and would love to top it with FK1000P for beading and life extension. Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpro Essence Question

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    Anybody top Essence Primer with FK1000P, anybody know if they would even play together? (As in no *pseudo-holograms*) Really curious because of the foundation that Essence lays as it can be used as an AIO and will last for a year-ish. I`ve read that Essence by itself sheets and would love to top it with FK1000P for beading and life extension. Thoughts?
    one way to find out

do it

I have yet to test that. I have also yet to hear anyone complain about anything I put on top of essence. I tried Synergy, DoDo blue velvet, purple haze and Hybrid Nano as well as PBL coating booster and reload...all played well on top of synergy up to 130 days and then I got bored and polished them all off

just make sure you let essence sit for at least an hour - I have personally found if you let it sit ~12 hours and then top it seems to cure a little more and provide enhanced shine

I started noticing this when I was working on all of those Mopars last summer

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

That means that I may have to purchase Essence........................................... .................................

If I were to try FK on top of Essence, would I need to keep Essence dry (moisture) for that 12 hour cure cycle?

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been wondering the same thing--how would FK1000 play with Essence? Seems like it would play OK if the Essence was allowed to cure overnight. Also been thinking of trying the new Megs Ultimate Fast Finish on Essence--year long base coat with year long top coat.
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    That means that I may have to purchase Essence........................................... .................................

If I were to try FK on top of Essence, would I need to keep Essence dry (moisture) for that 12 hour cure cycle?
    Quote Originally Posted by pwaug View Post
    I`ve been wondering the same thing--how would FK1000 play with Essence? Seems like it would play OK if the Essence was allowed to cure overnight. Also been thinking of trying the new Megs Ultimate Fast Finish on Essence--year long base coat with year long top coat.

not necessary to wait the 12 hours..technically if a product is "cured" enough to coat over after one hour...what`s to say you can`t "wax" over it after the same hour? I`m just saying based off my experience with it...at 12 hours (as opposed to 1) essence has more shine...if I told you I thought it had More shine at 24...you could wait that long..because I Also think it does

I`m no chemist but that doesn`t make logical sense to me to not continue on with waxing at that time frame (of 1 hour, or more) if you were ok coating it.... now the question really becomes whether or not the two products play well together...not whether you need to wait more than 1 hour to top...once again all IMHO

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

This 20% sale is tempting me...

Post Thanks / Like

i`ve used menzerna power lock sealant over it and it worked great (waited about an hour between coats). i believe merlin also used bfwd over it with very nice results also. give it a shot, i`ll bet it`ll be a good combination.
    Likes j_dailey liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Have Essence in my garage waiting for the Taurus to get back from the body shop and the weather to make up its mind. Will do some test spots or head over to mjl`s house and do the whole car at once.
    Learning tips and tricks from fellow board members since 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, following this discussion with considerable interest

BUT...gotta ask- why use Essence instead of something else? What unique qualities would it bring to the party? Sorry if I`m off-topic but I don`t follow the newfangled stuff all that closely

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post

BUT...gotta ask- why use Essence instead of something else? What unique qualities would it bring to the party? Sorry if I`m off-topic but I don`t follow the newfangled stuff all that closely
    I think the filling, polishing and longevity claims are attractive. But I`m not 100% following topping with a sealant. I guess if you don`t wanna do the coating but want to maximize the longevity of essence? Wouldn`t be my choice.

Post Thanks / Like

jrock645 - nailed it on my DD. Taurus is not a show car, but from what I have heard from others (co-worker mjlinane included) it makes for an easy fill/gloss enhancer/prep polish that will be under Opti Gloss. Nothing like driving a science experiment around.

-grungy
    Learning tips and tricks from fellow board members since 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post

Few reasons:

1. Essence is an amazing product and by itself will last about a year.
    2. It will be applied to the top facing surfaces of two daily driven Lexus` that are not garaged, that live in Texas. FK1000P will top the Essence and will be applied to the rest of the body panels.
    3. I do not have the time to coat the vehicles nor do I want the paint perfect because they are daily driven and want to keep as much CC as possible (Essence`s filling ability). I at least want something on the top surfaces that will last long, just incase I do not have time in four months to reapply the FK.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    I think the filling, polishing and longevity claims are attractive. But I`m not 100% following topping with a sealant. I guess if you don`t wanna do the coating but want to maximize the longevity of essence? Wouldn`t be my choice.

Topping Essence with FK for that beading

Not to mention I love the look of FK1000K on my paint. It gives me this effect:
    EDITEDIT.jpg

I love it
    Likes Wing Commander liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I do so many different tests that I forgot I completed this one last spring with essence and toppers. It was with the si02 style toppers though but I did get to 127 days or so until I got bored and started topping it

http://www.autopia.org/forums/click-...ce+topper+test

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, BIG thanks to everybody who schooled me on the Essence! I don`t coat my vehicles (well, some stuff like wheels and suspension bits) and something that fills could be great on the Jag and `93 Audi, which can`t be corrected. AND..sounds like it plays nice with FK1000P.

Gee, maybe I`ll try a new product again in this lifetime after all.

Thread Information