Post Thanks / Like

DG users chime in on layering 105

Is this something I should do for winter . I have the truck clayed and polished and use AW pretty frequently . Durability has been great even with using car washes still beads right off BUT I live in the snow salt belt of Wi. and wondering if additional layering would be needed to get me through winter.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DG users chime in on layering 105

DG105 is a great product for winter protection. I`ve used it the past 4 winters on DD`s kept outside 24/7. I like to mix it 4:1 with DG601 for instant curing and extended durability in a 3-4 oz. squeeze bottle, using a ruler to measure proportions. Two coats will probably get you thru winter if you`re using Aquawax regularly. You can also use DG111 as a topper, which I have done, but my favorite winter combo on my Black DD is DG105/601 topped with Collinite 915, 476 or FK1000.
    Here`s a pic from mid-April of 2015. I had done a through spring cleaning that day, but no time for polish or wax. My winter prep, DG105 topped with Colli 915, was still going strong.

BTW, if you find repeated use of AW is causing a loss of clarity, DG recommends mixing it with DG Fast Clean & Shine, but I don`t remember the proportions of AW to FC&S. I sent an inquiry to DG and I`ll report back with the response.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jack View Post
    DG105 is a great product for winter protection. I`ve used it the past 4 winters on DD`s kept outside 24/7. I like to mix it 4:1 with DG601 for instant curing and extended durability in a 3-4 oz. squeeze bottle, using a ruler to measure proportions. Two coats will probably get you thru winter if you`re using Aquawax regularly. You can also use DG111 as a topper, which I have done, but my favorite winter combo on my Black DD is DG105/601 topped with Collinite 915, 476 or FK1000.
    Here`s a pic from mid-April of 2015. I had done a through spring cleaning that day, but no time for polish or wax. My winter prep, DG105 topped with Colli 915, was still going strong.

BTW, if you find repeated use of AW is causing a loss of clarity, DG recommends mixing it with DG Fast Clean & Shine, but I don`t remember the proportions of AW to FC&S. I sent an inquiry to DG and I`ll report back with the response.

Bill
    25% Aquawax to 75% Fast Clean & Shine

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jack View Post

Bill
    Bill--In case you didn`t hear --- Photobucket no longer works unless you pay for 3rd party hosting.
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pwaug View Post
    Bill--In case you didn`t hear --- Photobucket no longer works unless you pay for 3rd party hosting.
    Yeah, I`m very familiar with that, but my post was from last November, long before the PB issue arose. Actually, I just downloaded the add-on for Chrome and Firefox browsers earlier today and the pics show up for me.
    BTW, I tried the FCS/ AW mix and it works great. I never did get a response to my email to DG, but some extensive searching on the AGO forum turned up the recipe.

Bill

Thread Information