Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Steam Cleaner

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Steam Cleaner

Just FYI, I hope I don`t sound like a salesman for Vapor chief here but they don`t want you using distilled water. Only tap water in their machines. Has something to do with sensors in the machine. The heating element is not inside the boiler so the water can`t hurt it. Another plus in my book.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Troy@Protekt View Post
    Just FYI, I hope I don`t sound like a salesman for Vapor chief here but they don`t want you using distilled water. Only tap water in their machines. Has something to do with sensors in the machine. The heating element is not inside the boiler so the water can`t hurt it. Another plus in my book.
    That may be because pure (distilled) water is a poor conductor of electricity. If they have water level or temperature sensors inside the tank that rely on electrical conductivity, they wouldn`t work well, or at all.
    Likes Troy@Protekt liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well just took the plunge and purchased the Vapor Chief 75 before the black Friday month sale ended. I think for the number of cars I work on and what I would use it for it should be more than enough especially since I am currently using a McCulloch. it will probably be a night and day difference.

Post Thanks / Like

just pulled the trigger on a Brio 500cc, got it for a good deal... i hope
    Likes ShakingHorizons liked this post
    Thanks maxman1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ll look tomorrow when I get home. Almost positive it does

Post Thanks / Like

Can`t go wrong with the Vapor Chief.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought it less than a year ago and it was $700. I got it from
    1car-detailing-training.com.
    I just checked their site and they have it for $649.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I got mine when the single pro was still blue and the 100psi used a different/better looking case
    With the $ 100 rebate I paid 549 for it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaydiantDetail View Post
    Well just took the plunge and purchased the Vapor Chief 75 before the black Friday month sale ended. I think for the number of cars I work on and what I would use it for it should be more than enough especially since I am currently using a McCulloch. it will probably be a night and day difference.
    How do you like it? I received a $200 gift card for DI over Christmas to purchase a VX5000, but debating whether I want a Dupray Hill Injection. Go big or go home I suppose.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

Timely bump for this thread as I used my Daimer to do the kitchen floor yesterday. Sure appreciated the continuous fill, went through over two tankfuls (it`s a pretty big floor). Had occasion to call Daimer, and the guys were nice and helpful.
    Likes ShaneB, XxBoostinxX liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

For those of you who work at car/truck/semi dealerships, full-service detail/carwash shops, or have (a lot of) money to spend for detailing, check out these high-end professional steamers offered from Detailed Image: Fortador | Free Shipping Available - Detailed Image

Personally, I can justify this expense at a larger dealership for cleaning customer vehicles in the winter that come in for service with snow-and-ice built up in the wheel wells. Makes life a lot easier and cleaner for the service technicians and/or mechanics. At high-volume full service car washes, its the same thing. I HATE going through an automated car wash, only to have the ice chucks still hanging in my wheel wells and mud flaps or on the undercarriage rocker panels. I do not like to see the car wash personnel kicking the ice off my vehicle!!
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XxBoostinxX View Post
    How do you like it? I received a $200 gift card for DI over Christmas to purchase a VX5000, but debating whether I want a Dupray Hill Injection. Go big or go home I suppose.
    Get the hill injection (or any steamer with detergent injection) you will not be disappointed.

also, continuous refill is a must IMO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Timely bump for this thread as I used my Daimer to do the kitchen floor yesterday. Sure appreciated the continuous fill, went through over two tankfuls (it`s a pretty big floor). Had occasion to call Daimer, and the guys were nice and helpful.
    +1 for Daimers customer service. Always excellent.

Just out of curiosity, which model do do you have anyway?

Post Thanks / Like

Not quite sure what I have posted in this thread but fwiw....

I have the Hill Injection. IMO, one cannot be without a Steam Cleaner WITHOUT Injection
    I have had the older Hill Injection and the Newer One.
    Dupray says minor mods like the display and the detergent.
    THERE is something different about the new one. BETTER without saying. I find the recovery time is much better than it`s former predecessor.

However

- I purchased this for auto and use it more for indoor house cleaning....
    - It`s amazing on wood floors and Injection is even more amazing in the bathroom tiles

- I can`t recall why I`m not a fan of this on auto. It just did some weird stuff in color to a doorboard.....and I`m pretty cautious due to tip temps....and I`ve strayed away from automotive use for this reason.

- same like pressure washers. For some, they may find it cumbersome, due to weight and how YOU use it.

- I guess/sorta see the value for a detailer who actually uses one as a profession.... I dunno, just wasn`t my fancy for me and automotive applications.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneB View Post
    +1 for Daimers customer service. Always excellent.

Just out of curiosity, which model do do you have anyway?
    They used to have a Cust. Serv. guy who, uhm...wasn`t my favorite human, but he`s been gone for a long time and yeah the current guys are great.

I have a 1500C.

Quote Originally Posted by MobileDynamics
    ..[my steamer].. did some weird stuff in color to a doorboard.....and I`m pretty cautious due to tip temps....and I`ve strayed away from automotive use for this reason.
    Yeah, I`ve done that "bleach out the pigment" thing a few times too, and never the first time I did the surface in question...I`d steam it, think "OK, this approach is safe enough" and then the next time I did the exact same thing...damage I only use it on the dog-haulers for the most part and yeah I too simply find it not all that great for detailing stuff.

Well, one thing I *do* use it for on all vehicles is cleaning the pedals in the winter. Just seems like the easiest way to do `em and they need done all the time what with salt/etc., almost as often as the daily windshield cleanings.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information