Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Kamikaze Over Coat vs Gyeon CanCoat?

There`s not a lot of info out there on Over Coat, but the little I did find praised it. Todd from Esoteric Car Care raved to me about it, and I know he`s one of the most respected and knowledgeable detailers out there. But I`m wondering about how these 2 measure up? I just ordered the 250ml Over Coat today, and based off his write up it should last me 20-25 cars. I`m always looking for something I can use on uncoated cars that gives shine & good beading. And can be applied/removed with just a MF, I do waterless/rinseless since I`m in So Cal so no hose or pressure washer for me. Coating`s are too expensive for the bulk of the clients I currently have. Over Coat isn`t pricey at all if it lasts as long as they claim and I can get 20+ cars out of a $70 bottle. The last bit of stuff I read about CanCoat was about the sprayer getting clogged up and people having to get the can replaced. But these posts were pretty old and there`s apparently a V3 of the product out, which I can`t find any info on if that`s been fixed? From the posts I saw it seems the clogging was a pretty serious issue.

Anyone here used both and want to chime in on which they like better and why?

Also the directions say for dry application to spray it on a MF towel and wipe on panel. Wouldn`t it be better to use a block with the suede cloths like you use for a coating? Since you use so little I`d think a MF would just soak up and waste product.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kamikaze Over Coat vs Gyeon CanCoat?

First off they are completely different products. Can coat is a coating. It is wipe on wipe off. You only use a small amount on the towels and it doesn`t soak the towel. You also need to keep the car out of moisture for a period of time so it can cure. As far as the clogging issue that has been resolved with it now being non aerosol. Overcoat is basically a maintenance product that adds gloss and extends protection. Just a couple of sprays on the towel then wipe on the small sections and you will be fine. I can tell you it does what Todd says it does! We use both products on a regular basis and love them both!we are certified in both products.
    Likes Ronkh, RaydiantDetail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Great info on the difference between the two. I have been meaning to pick up Can Coat to try.
    Not to hijack the thread. A bit off topic but in the Kamikaze realm.
    Mike what are your thoughts on Infinity Wax?

Post Thanks / Like

Kamikaze Overcoat is magical stuff. I use it as Mike says above about once every month or so after washing our WG Uber Ceramic coated black cars, kinda like a coating refresh/booster. It`s amazing stuff, makes water run away and hide! Leaves a nice fresh shine that lasts a good long time and helps shed dirt as well as water. Picked up the 250ml bottle last spring, not even half - empty after using it on 8-10 cars.

Pic of car that was last washed end of august and Overcoated. Daily driven...Rained on, sat outside overnite many times, rained on in morning, sat in sun same afternoon.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Infinity wax is excellent, can be used over coatings without problems if you still like waxing. It is expensive but like all Kamakaze products it`s well worth it. You need to make sure that you mix it for at least a minute and use very little. It must cure for at least 1 and a half hours.
    Likes Ronkh, RaydiantDetail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Cancoat is amazing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    Infinity wax is excellent, can be used over coatings without problems if you still like waxing. It is expensive but like all Kamakaze products it`s well worth it. You need to make sure that you mix it for at least a minute and use very little. It must cure for at least 1 and a half hours.
    I`m doing all I can to resist adding this to my latest Miyabi/ISM/Overcoat adventure; not sure I can (resist)....struggling.

I`ve read here and there that Infinity is good for longevity/durability but not exceptional. Is it more of an appearance item?

Post Thanks / Like

Mike Lambert, I understand what you`re saying. But beyond one being a coating and the other a maintenance product. What`s really the difference? Todd told me in an email Over Coat`s great as a stand alone product, I asked him specifically about using it on cars without any wax or coatings. Both claim 6 months of protection and both are known for their water beading & gloss effects. Over Coat`s much cheaper when I factored in 8-10 cars from 1 bottle where you get about 4 from CanCoat. I guess I need to try them both and see with my own eyes, but I really couldn`t figure out a good reason to not go with Over Coat. I`m excited to try it, but maybe even more excited to try the red Esoteric towels I ordered. I have a ummmm, towel addiction or something lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    I have a ummmm, towel addiction or something lol.

You should try the Gyeon towels. A folded up BaldWipe towel is an excellent Overcoat application tool.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve recently used both these products plus their artificial clearcoat and infinity wax, all worked as advertised, amazing gloss and hydrphobic action. Very easy to use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    You should try the Gyeon towels. A folded up BaldWipe towel is an excellent Overcoat application tool.
    Definitely on my to buy list, I`d order a couple right now but I have some Polish Angel Sunshine & Organic Red towels I haven`t tried yet.

When you buy 10 $15 dollar polish removal towels sight unseen, you might have a problem

That`s the yellow ones thought, the red ones were only $10 each, what a deal. lol.

I do wanna try the Baldwipe & PolishWipe towels in the near future.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blucpe View Post
    I`ve recently used both these products plus their artificial clearcoat and infinity wax, all worked as advertised, amazing gloss and hydrphobic action. Very easy to use.
    What are your thoughts on the Infinity wax? Durable or just an appearance item?

Post Thanks / Like

With proper maintenance they say you can get at least a year from infinity

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,
    How about wetcoat with cure on top ???

I also have cancoat just want to use an easy coating for upcoming winter months...

Thanks

KB

Post Thanks / Like

<--- Not Mike, BUT

Cure over wet coat is GREAT

Quote Originally Posted by KBsToy View Post
    Mike,
    How about wetcoat with cure on top ???

I also have cancoat just want to use an easy coating for upcoming winter months...

Thanks

KB
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Thanks KBsToy thanked for this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information