Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kamikaze Miyabi / ISM

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I`ll top it with Overcoat sometime in the next few weeks and am currently doing my best not to buy and try Kamikaze Infinity Wax...but I fear resistance may be feeble as it usually is with this car-care stuff.
    Look, I believe you should buy the Infinity Wax. Of course I`m not a good person to listen to probably. Your post has me almost ready to order ISM & Miyabi, and I`m still sitting on an un-opened bottle of PA Viking Coat which I couldn`t wait to try. DAAMIT I need more money so I can buy more cars.

Or..... a car topped with ISM + Miyabi + Viking Coat + Over Coat (just ordered today) + Viking Spritz.

probably wouldn`t be wise or even work out well, but man if that was doable it would give some sick results lol. And THANK goodness Esoteric`s OOS on Miyabi right now, so I can`t buy it even if I wanted to
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Ronkh, VitreousHumor liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    THANK goodness Esoteric`s OOS on Miyabi right now, so I can`t buy it even if I wanted to
    Miyabi back in stock at Esoteric...get out that credit card!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I`m sure you`re not disappointed with the results. I bought the myabi, artificial clear coat,the overcoat and the infinity wax and so far no disappointment, glad i did it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blucpe View Post
    I`m sure you`re not disappointed with the results. I bought the myabi, artificial clear coat,the overcoat and the infinity wax and so far no disappointment, glad i did it.
    Certainly not! The Miyabi/ISM combo looks and feels (yes...feels) incredible. Have been using the Overcoat for a while now, stuff is just amazing. Infinity Wax is probably in my future...may as just admit that to myself now.

FWIW just got some more Miyabi today for another car. Came in a square bottle in a square box w a glass dropper, black applicator pad and black suede cloths. Last time it just came as a small round bottle.

Post Thanks / Like

My guess it`s a marketing thing, product is still the same. Try the kenotek detail spray for when you have to it`s amazing on top of the kamikaze.
    Last edited by blucpe; 10-15-2016 at 12:52 PM. Reason: left something out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blucpe View Post
    My guess it`s a marketing thing, product is still the same. Try the kenotek detail spray for when you have to it`s amazing on top of the kamikaze.
    Pseudo - English instructions on box are kinda funny...obviously no real English speaking proofreader.

Have used Kenotek on it before...kinda going minimalist these days. Kamikaze Overcoat every month or so after wash...that`s about it. Use WG Uber Rinseless as QD for `incidents` other than that just letting the Kamakazi be unadulterated between infrequent washes.

We`ll see how it goes...

Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it`s been a little over a year (applied Oct 2 & 3, 2016) and it`s holding up just fine.

- Car has been driven about 7500 miles, sits outside 24/7 from April thru November, garaged the other months. As wife`s daily driver, gets driven mostly in rain, snow.
    - Added 1 layer of Infinity Wax early May 2017, another coat October 2017.
    - Maintenance has been Gyeon Foam, Gyeon Bathe and then Kamikaze Overcoat as drying aid after washing, usually 2 times a month. Car still looks fantastic, water still sheeting & beading as it did when coatings first applied, not really any swirls instilled from my somewhat lax 1-bucket wash method so that`s a plus. Metallic in paint still looks amazing, self-cleaning abilities remain excellent.
    Been 2 weeks or so since wash but it`s supposed to rain this week so hoping that takes care of it...

Kamikaze has been a solid choice for sure.
    Kamikaze Miyabi / ISM-civic_2.jpg
    Kamikaze Miyabi / ISM-civic_1.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes nickclark08, SWETM, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Thanks VitreousHumor thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Budget still looks great and still nicely done
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    2 coats of Myabi first, 2 hours between coats. It is only recommended to put 1 coat of ISM on again 2 hours after Myabi. Myabi is more of a candy like shine while ISM is a deep wax like shine. ISM is the harder of the two. Give Myabi a good 10 minutes to flash and ISM 5. Use at least 3 towels for wiping and if you see minor smears , they will go away. Please feel free to contact me if you need to.
    Thanks for the info Mike, i just did my car with myabi and emailed esoteric car care the same question about applying two coats. I wanted to know if there would be any boost in gloss and durability, they never answered me, so thanks for answering it for me.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

No problem, unfortunately I’ve heard that before.while we really had success with kamakaze, we were selling more than they were getting from Kai. So we’ve gone with Modesta and polish angel. I am glad it worked out for you and you are happy.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Instead of 2 coats Miyabi, then 1 top coat of ISM, can you do 1 coat Miyabi and ISM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by msthayne View Post
    Instead of 2 coats Miyabi, then 1 top coat of ISM, can you do 1 coat Miyabi and ISM
    Yep.

Post Thanks / Like

The high spot Looks like cheeks..
    My bad did not see the dates of original posts
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I ended up putting this on my Acura after I bought it and screwed it up. Did first coat of Miyabi no problem. Tried to do a 2nd coat and ended up with high spots all over the place that I couldn`t get off. Even tried polishing them off and couldn`t budge them no matter what I threw at it. Rupes, rotary, microfiber, etc. Basically everything except a wool pad- which I REALLY didn`t want to do.

I emailed Tom Cooperrider at esoterica and got some feedback from him. He suggested Menzerna 300 and surbuf pads. Got them, but never had cooperative weather and free time at the same time(and I don`t have a garage). This was almost two years ago. Those damn high spots are still there. I now have the motivation to want to fix this, but don`t know when weather will cooperate. Initially looked like I`d be good for Sunday, but now not so much.

I still have the unopened ISM coat. Trying to figure out if it`s still good or not. All my stuff has been laying around forever now, but compounds/polishes and such generally don`t go bad. Really wanna get this squared away, even if I don`t have time to apply a coating.
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information