Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sleepers

Post Thanks / Like

Sleepers

Post your Sleeper products, and why you like it. I consider a Sleeper something that is currently off the chat list. Maybe something older, or perhaps just in the shadow of a newer rival.

Here`s two:

FK 303 Foam Pad Glaze. A great light polish with light filling. I think its name doesn`t do it justice as a light cutter.

Sonus SFX-4. This is the product that got me into sealants. I can attest, the Sonus sealant comes real close to the much more expensive WGDGPS. Very `Nuba looking!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sleepers

Serta
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes mnehls86, 04accord, glfnaz, RaydiantDetail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars perfect clarity glass cleaner
    I`ve been using Invisible glass, but picked up some meguiars and was blown away by it. And I can pick it up locally.
    Likes WaxAddict, Fallz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve only used a handful of spray sealants but this one blew all I have tried away and doesn`t get much love.
    Nanoskin Nano Shock Instant Lubricant Sealant 16 oz.

Likes WaxAddict, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

D114?

Oh, you said sleepers, not dead. My mistake
    Likes Migue, danlc95, Ronkh, WaxAddict, aceone liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Poorboy`s Natty Red paste wax. Not a sleeper on Autopia and Autogeek, but I bet very few non-detail Freaks know about Natty`s. I really don`t want them to know either. Is that selfish of me?
    Likes WaxAddict liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WashRinseRepeat View Post
    Meguiars perfect clarity glass cleaner
    I`ve been using Invisible glass, but picked up some meguiars and was blown away by it. And I can pick it up locally.
    Just bought a gallon of Meguiar`s professional glass cleaner. Hope it blows me away. It should last awhile. My interior Windows don`t ever get real dirty. Exception being kid`s rear windows.

Post Thanks / Like

The best thing about Meguires glass cleaner is the smell. Oh yeah, it cleans glass pretty good too.

Post Thanks / Like

Opt GPS with OPT MF finishing pad. I had this sitting in my cabinet for a year or two and brought it out recently and was very pleased with it`s performance. So many good products out there but you can sure quickly zip around your vehicle with this for a maintenance detail and it does a great job. Finish off with OCW and the vehicle looks amazing. (PS - Scottwax used to use this years ago- that`s where I learned this )

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    The best thing about Meguires glass cleaner is the smell. Oh yeah, it cleans glass pretty good too.
    Yeah the gallon size will last forever unless you own a high-volume car wash! My GF loves it for the house mirrors. I`ve made batches for friends. I use it weekly. Still have half gallon.
    Friends say.. "My garage smells like grapes!"
    Likes mnehls86, rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle Paste Glaz. For lighter colored vehicles, it`s just amazing. Understand that it`s a beauty wax, topper, whatever you want to call it, but it is awesome. I got two new pots and another with some crumbs left in my garage fridge.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

Strictly speaking in terms of a *sleeper* product.....Malco Cherry Flash Liquid Wax

Again, as a sleeper product. It`s not my favorite, and I don`t use it much.

Why, then?

- Super cheap. 32oz can be had for about 18$
    - Non-autopian guy proof. So easy to work with. Easy on. Easy off. Lay it on thin, or even "thick" and doesn`t make a huge difference. Wipes off easy.
    - Decent hydrophobic qualities
    - Leaves car looking cleaner for a bit longer (well, not thoroughly tested, but from initial observations)

Anyway, you can see some of it here: 5 Way Wax Test / Blind Survey

I didn`t care for the crazy WARNING label. It`s scary. I made sure to use gloves, and breathe away from it! It also doesn`t last very long (weeks?)

But yeah, it`s a decent product for it`s cost and ease-of-use factor. I certainly has a place in a pro detailer`s arsenal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailng View Post
    Just bought a gallon of Meguiar`s professional glass cleaner. Hope it blows me away. It should last awhile. My interior Windows don`t ever get real dirty. Exception being kid`s rear windows.
    You are gonna love it. Cleans excellent and the concentrate gallon should make over 12 gallons. Plus the grape smell is a plus.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Four products come to mind:

-ValuGard Fast Finish QD (simply love it as a Drying Aid for rubber window seals, not bad for other stuff that one might use a Spray Wax on)

-Hi-Temp Heavy Cut Leveler/"357", an old-school compound that works surprisingly well on really oxidized exterior rubber trim (just buff it off *before* it flashes)

-Zep40 Glass Cleaner (they don`t call it "glass cleaner" any more but rather "nonconductive surface cleaner"), but keep it off things like aftermarket tint

-Autoglym Super Resin Polish

Post Thanks / Like

The Meg`s glass cleaner is similar to the now defunct d114. I great product that goes a super long way. I probably need to buy another gallon just so Meg`s won`t discontinue it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information