Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sleepers

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sleepers

Quote Originally Posted by mnehls86 View Post
    I`ve only used a handful of spray sealants but this one blew all I have tried away and doesn`t get much love.
    Nanoskin Nano Shock Instant Lubricant Sealant 16 oz.
    I`ve always been intrigued by that product and wanted to try it
    did you use it as a clay lube?

***my 5000th post!*** wow I like to talk- lol

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    The Meg`s glass cleaner is similar to the now defunct d114. I great product that goes a super long way. I probably need to buy another gallon just so Meg`s won`t discontinue it.
    I like the grape scent! I gave my bottle away. it worked well enough for me to trust it to my car club buddies (it was put in the community detail chest I started)

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Four products come to mind:

-ValuGard Fast Finish QD (simply love it as a Drying Aid for rubber window seals, not bad for other stuff that one might use a Spray Wax on)

-Hi-Temp Heavy Cut Leveler/"357", an old-school compound that works surprisingly well on really oxidized exterior rubber trim (just buff it off *before* it flashes)

-Zep40 Glass Cleaner (they don`t call it "glass cleaner" any more but rather "nonconductive surface cleaner"), but keep it off things like aftermarket tint

-Autoglym Super Resin Polish
    I used to use Zep40 at my Dad`s car lot. That stuff was a great cleaner, with the exception of staining. I remember Cadillac plastic in the 90`s would spot/lighten from drippings of Zep40. I still prefers to spray my window cleaner directly on the glass. Old habits die hard.

Post Thanks / Like

LEDetailing- I too first used it at a car lot (small used-car dealership some friends and I had in the `80s-`90s).

Yeah, you really do need to be careful with the Zep40, which is easier said than done given that it`s an aerosol! Still the best thing I`ve found for smeary salt-mess on the windshield during winter, and it sure does cut the Dog Slobber on the inside glass of the Tahoe.

!!KEEP IT OFF LEATHER!! I can easily imagine it messing up plastics too, heh heh bet your Dad just *loved it* when you got some on that Cadillac plastic

It`s sure good for household glass, but again, gotta be careful what you get it on or you`ll regret it (older UV film/tint is a huge no-no, guess how I know...). Every Christmas I give a few cans to a gal pal of mine, she and her husband have never used anything else that compares. Getting pricey though, and Zep makes the cans a lot smaller these days.

Post Thanks / Like

white diamond on dark metallic colors (brings out the flake)

Brandt K.
    Likes WaxAddict liked this post
    Thanks MattPersman thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailng View Post
    Just bought a gallon of Meguiar`s professional glass cleaner. Hope it blows me away. It should last awhile. My interior Windows don`t ever get real dirty. Exception being kid`s rear windows.
    I hope it does too, let me know what you think

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WashRinseRepeat View Post
    I hope it does too, let me know what you think
    its good stuff.. not my favorite but I like the scent and it wipes off pretty easily too
    (PB`s glass cleaner is second to No other glass cleaner IMO)

I never had much luck using anything else in the sun when I was mobile all the time

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    white diamond on dark metallic colors (brings out the flake)
    Yeah I`ve heard that! If glazes work the way I think they do, then it makes sense.
    Those new black Fords with the multi color flake.. That would be interesting!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    Post your Sleeper products, and why you like it. I consider a Sleeper something that is currently off the chat list. Maybe something older, or perhaps just in the shadow of a newer rival.

Here`s two:

FK 303 Foam Pad Glaze. A great light polish with light filling. I think its name doesn`t do it justice as a light cutter.

I agree, it is a very nice product to use. I actually have two bottles of it.

Let me add Meg`s D163, Zep Commercial line of products, Sprayaway Foaming Glass Cleaner, Optimum Car Wash, Optimum Paint Prep (light years better than Carpro Eraser), and how could I ever forget?:

Finish Kare 1000P, best bang for the buck product you will ever buy. Looks fantastic, goes on wonderfully, and lasts a long time.
    Thanks WaxAddict, Wolfster thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

armor all.jpeg
    Believe it or not, Armor All Glass Cleaner. A while back someone recommended it so I picked up a bottle at Wal Mart. Very impressive to say the least and cheap. It`s become the only glass cleaner I use.
    Likes WaxAddict, Bindytou liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas1 View Post

Believe it or not, Armor All Glass Cleaner. A while back someone recommended it so I picked up a bottle at Wal Mart. Very impressive to say the least and cheap. It`s become the only glass cleaner I use.
    Ohhh, i love OTC sleepers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mnehls86 View Post
    I`ve only used a handful of spray sealants but this one blew all I have tried away and doesn`t get much love.
    Nanoskin Nano Shock Instant Lubricant Sealant 16 oz.

I like it too.

Nano Skin has many products that are not sold or talked about in the Detail world & Forums
    They seem to have everything even longthrow Pads.

Post Thanks / Like

QD+ super sleeper

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Tried my Meguiar`s d120 glass cleaner. I like the way it wipes off the glass. My glass wasn`t noticeably dirty or in need of cleaning. I`m guessing I`m in the majority here. Who lets interior glass get to that point

I`ll have to try it at work when the windows haven`t been cleaned for a month. That will give the cleaner a real workout. I will have to try it on the exterior glass too. I like my D114 at 128:1 for that.

On a side note, my wife does not like the scent. I too wish the grape scent was toned down. I actually prefer the chemical scent of Stoner`s invisible glass. Just like I enjoy he scent of Meguiar`s quik detailer. Chemical scents = clean in my mind. Very subjective the scent thing is to people. I wish it smelled more like D114, love that scent. I don`t think I will run out of glass cleaner for the next decade. 11 gallons of D120 for $30 when mixed with distilled water vs. $25 for a gallon of Stoners Invisible glass. Meguiar`s is 1/10th the price. Wife will have to get used to the scent.

Post Thanks / Like

A sleeper "method", as opposed to a product... use your spray wax for the final wipe on glass. I don`t do it on the windshield, as it can leave hologram type hazing. But on the other windows it works like a charm.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information