Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiar`s detailer d101

Quote Originally Posted by Civicclutch View Post
    Have not as there is still so much to learn and new things come out. I`ve learned a lot already from you and others in the short time I`ve been on here
    Get yourself a tampico brush, boars hair brush too (for fancy leather, ect)

tampico brush and steam on door panels is great

Soccer moms love the sanitation aspect of steam

I might do a lot of Mopars, but I could make an absolute killing locally if I wanted to do more interiors.

they`ll pay 200 for full interior before 200 for 1 step + lsp (aio)

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

I do have a semi stif boars hair brush i got with the wolfgang cockpit kit

Post Thanks / Like

Ive had the streaking problem in the distant past with some "industrial cleaners" that I got OTC but I havent with the Meguiar`s
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    It should be great. The trick (if you dont already) is to spray and let dwell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Civicclutch View Post
    The problem I`ve had in past with spraying and letting it dwell is the runs that would occur and occasionally stain
    There is no need to let it dwell. It can cause staining on leather if it is left on to long. To avoid staining on leather, spray it directly on to the towel or onto a brush and work it in and remove. For plastics spraying directly onto a microfiber works just fine. The only thing I don`t like about APC is that it leaves leather feeling tacky. Following up with a damp microfiber towel helps. I prefer D181 to clean leather. It`s not as tacky feeling as APC.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Migue View Post
    It is my current go to All Purpose Cleaner, I have a bottle diluted at 4:1 that I occasionally use for tires or more stubborn interior areas and a bottle at 1:10 for interior and exterior cleaning. For the price it is a very low risk cost to try it out. The 1:10 mixture has taken care of pretty much anything I`ve used it for, good stuff and I just bought the 2 gallon deal with the sprayer bottle from the Autopia store to restock on it. I use it for wheels too when they are not filthy, saves me from using up my more expensive cleaners like Sonax/Ferrex and such.
    Like I said before I think megiuars are way overlooked on their products.

Post Thanks / Like

I have some megs APC that is at least 7-8 years old that looks different from the current product. It is blue rather than green. Is this the same formula as the product you guys are talking about. IIRC my gallon, which is about 1/4 full still, specifically mentions to use on interior surfaces. Which is all I have ever used it for and love it. I noticed some have mentioned using d101 on tires. Is it the same?

Post Thanks / Like

civicclutch:
    I`ve used Megs D101 APC since I found out about it on this forum about 6 years ago. it`s a great APC that works on minor to medium dirty clean-up of interiors and engine compartments and wheel wheels. For REALLY dirty vinyl I found Optimum`s Power Clean to work , BUT not for fabric or carpets (it DOES work on those!) because of the less-than-pleasant fragrance the seems to linger within the fibers of fabric and carpets (Optimum does make a fabric-and-carpet-specific cleaner). Some have tried the Orange-Citrus based cleaners/degreasers, like Zep HD Citrus Degreaser, but I have no experience using it on vehicles. Another APC that does not garner much attention is Bio-Kleen`s Amazing. If you are lucky enough to find an RV store that carries the Bio-Kleen line, they may order it for you if it is not in stock. I think the 16 oz spray bottle is about $16.00 retail and the gallon is around $30.00.

Your steamer is still the best way to clean in combination with a good APC, even if it takes a while to do so.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    There is no need to let it dwell. It can cause staining on leather if it is left on to long. To avoid staining on leather, spray it directly on to the towel or onto a brush and work it in and remove. For plastics spraying directly onto a microfiber works just fine. The only thing I don`t like about APC is that it leaves leather feeling tacky. Following up with a damp microfiber towel helps. I prefer D181 to clean leather. It`s not as tacky feeling as APC.
    This isn`t planned on being used on leather unless it is real bad from being a work truck but will be tested in small in seen area. But mostly plastic/vinyl parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Where do you guys get your Meguiars D101, I would like to get 1 gallon of it ? I can`t find it in a store and shipping is $$$$,,,,Thnx for any help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishing View Post
    Where do you guys get your Meguiars D101, I would like to get 1 gallon of it ? I can`t find it in a store and shipping is $$$$,,,,Thnx for any help.
    Autopia and just wait for a flat rate shipping or free ship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Fishing thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to order Meg`s Detailer Line from a brick and mortar store, try Bumper-to-Bumper Auto Parts Stores. Usually takes about three work days to get something from their warehouse. The upside is no shipping fee. The downside is their mark-up costs and state and local sales tax on the purchase price.
    Ask to enroll in their "Autoparts2020.com" program and you can get a 5% discount on OTC purchases with this card.
    Usually they do NOT stock it on the shelf because it is gallon-sized, but I did see the Megs Detailer Line D120 Glass Cleaner Concentrate gallon jug at the local store I frequent.
    GB detailer
    Thanks Fishing thanked for this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information