Post Thanks / Like

Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere ... 1st Use

I have a black Camaro that sits half under a maple tree and about 30 feet from my neighbor`s flowwer garden, so between the two, I get A LOT of pollen all over the car. After being informed that using UQW wasn`t a good idea for heavy pollen removal, I bought a bottle of UWWA at Wally World.

I had a chance to use it tonight after about 3 days of pollen collection and a light sprinkle that seems to have glued the pollen to the finish. I had done a small patch on my quarter panel at work to demonstrate to a coworker (who immediately took a picture of the bottle so he could go to Wally World on his lunch break and get the right stuff). The smell is very strong, but also very pleasant and the sprayer actually works well.

Using probably less than I should on the heavy areas (top/hood/trunk) I sprayed the UWWA on and let it `soak` a minute or two, there was no hot sun and the car was cool, so it didn`t evaporate. Then I took a clean MF, folded twice, giving me 4 clean surfaces to work with, I started wiping the UWWA/pollen mix off the paint. There was so much pollen that even using the `rolling the towel` method, two swipes and that part of the towel was caked with pollen and had to be turned to a fresh side. Once that part was done (I broke each panel into halves (hood/roof/trunk) which took 2 towels to wipe off all 6 surfaces, I used a clean/dry MF to buff off the residue. It wasn`t as slick as I thought it was going to be, but it buffed off streak-free, even on the glass which was awesome because almost EVERYTHING streaks or smear on my glass.

I finished the whole car in about 30 minutes (I wasn`t in a hurry) and went to get ready for work. On the way, I stopped at my usual haunt to pick up my coffee and under their sodium vapor lights I saw a spot I had missed while buffing. I grabbed a clean MF from the back seat and gently wiped the area. Not only did it buff out beautifully, but it was crazy-slippery. If the D-115 is anything like this, I will definitely be buying this stuff by the gallon soon enough.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Likes tropicsteve liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere ... 1st Use

OH, BTW ... the car looks incredible!!
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see you found success in the waterless wash, give rinseless washing a try next so you can compare and have more options which will be nice to have. Keeping a small bottle of Waterless handy is great for taking care of bird bombs quickly and safely!

Post Thanks / Like

The guy from work bought a bottle and after doing his motorcycle with it (he said it took all of two minutes) he wants to buy a gallon of D-115.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

Don- The way you`re able to avoid marring (those lights at night prove you do, huh?!?) just *kills* me

But seriously, I`m glad you found something that`s working so well for you. Anything that makes that black car easier to keep nice is great in my book.

Ever decide about the trim rings?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Don- The way you`re able to avoid marring (those lights at night prove you do, huh?!?) just *kills* me

But seriously, I`m glad you found something that`s working so well for you. Anything that makes that black car easier to keep nice is great in my book.

Ever decide about the trim rings?
    Surprised the heck out of me too, I was worried about a rinseless wash and here I am doing a WATERLESS wash on a black car and then inspecting it under sodium vapor lights Camaros must have some hard paint!

The car still has some RIDS that I`m not going to try to get out just because I plan on keeping this car and I want the paint to last for the duration without me buffing it all off in the first year, BUT there is no swirling or mirco-marring that I was sure I would get using a WW, just clear, glossy (almost) perfect paint. I`m definitely sold on the UWWA.

As for the trim rings, I put polls on about 4 forums and the overwhelming response was to leave them silver, followed by get new rims. New rims are financially out of the question and I`m still toying with changing the color. But instead of blacking them out, maybe a light charcoal gray so there is still some contrast between the wheels and tires.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Surprised the heck out of me too, ..Camaros must have some hard paint!
    Heh heh, that oughta make having a black car a whole lot easier.

..As for the trim rings, I put polls on about 4 forums and the overwhelming response was to leave them silver, followed by get new rims. New rims are financially out of the question and I`m still toying with changing the color. But instead of blacking them out, maybe a light charcoal gray so there is still some contrast between the wheels and tires.
    I`ve liked the black wheel + trim ring look on some of my vehicles, those rings just look a little bit...I dunno...wide/odd/something for my personal taste. That light charcoal look might dial them back just enough to do the trick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Heh heh, that oughta make having a black car a whole lot easier.

I`ve liked the black wheel + trim ring look on some of my vehicles, those rings just look a little bit...I dunno...wide/odd/something for my personal taste. That light charcoal look might dial them back just enough to do the trick.
    IMO they are kinda ... VISIBLE at a distance, especially at night.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Thread Information