Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Shine Supply Clutch thoughts

There is a great following for Shine Supply products and now that spring is here, or near, I thought I would dip my toe and see how the water is.

Their polishes are loved by most anyone who uses them, I ordered their Classic Polish but this post isnt really about the polish, which is very nice, no dust AT ALL, yadda yadda its awesome. This post is about their Clutch silica spray.

The other day it had rained in the AM with the temps only reaching maybe 44. The sun never poked through once, so it was raw out. The previous week was rain rain wind and snow. The jeep was filthy.

From the manufacturer:

https://youtu.be/Hhs4TXSZ9pY

Anyhow this is getting long winded, as I mentioned it was very cool and cloudy. This is what Clutch looks like in those conditions

I wont lie, I was nervous at this point, according to the video in under a minute it should wipe off. Well it didnt, it pushed around. Oh boy, so I did the whole jeep, why not right. After going around I came back to the hood and it was starting to remove in an acceptable manner, so I gave it another 5 minutes! I did struggle under these conditions to remove it, and I would probably not use it in temps that low with no sun again lol! Its an ocd thing I think.

It was nice out today and I went over my truck with it and the flashing and removal was a breeze. Easy on easy off. Took another buffing towel, but it didnt streak AT ALL in direct sunlight, even on the windshield. Was such a relief actually.

This is all it took to do a once around on the Jeep.

I applied it to this trim piece to see how it holds up, I think it looks great, hope it lasts, would be a bonus!

The feeling on the paint with Clutch on it is more of a nuba, maybe even how Z2p used to feel kinda of buttery, but not slick like Z8 would. Its a pleasant feeling, buttery and I think the looks are more in line with a nuba than a clear shine like a few other products produce.

Might be hard to see online but in person the Jeep had a much warmer look to it, flake popped great.

Ill save the best for last....

This product is the best smelling product Ive ever used period. Z8 is one of my favorite smelling....its one of my favorite products period, but Clutch smells better then Z8. If I had to put my finger on a flavor would be like christmas cookie, or cup cake or something like that. During final wipe down the paint held the smell as well. I dont know how many revisions it took to nail that down but it was worth it!

In conclusion

PROS:
    WORKS BETTER IN THE SUN
    No streaks when warm out
    Smells like cupcake
    Looks like a nuba, to me
    Supposed to last 6 months or so
    paint feels buttery after
    Price is similar to other products

CONS:
    Two step process, wipe on, let flash, wipe off
    Difficult if you use in the cold when everyone else is inside drinking hot chocolate
    Not as slick to apply as reload
    Needs to be shaken once as it separates slightly (con?)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shine Supply Clutch thoughts

Great... Another product line to add to the list of things I need to try.
    Likes JBM, ascarbo27 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for review. interesting how it actually needs sun to work
    Likes JBM, ascarbo27 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I love their product line. Jeremy is a great guy.

I like Clutch much better than Reload. Just as you showed in your review, a little goes a long way!

For maintenance washes, I use their Wet Detailer and Ride Shine for those quick wipe downs.

Thanks for sharing this!
    Likes JBM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

just looked at their website. looks like they have a polish that contains sio2 also. wonder how itll compare to essences

edit: looks like it doesnt compete with essences directly, this one has no fillers

Post Thanks / Like

Clutch is a Fantastic Product.......I personally like it way much better than Reload.....actually Shine Supply is becoming One of my Favorite Product lines, Flat Top is excellent too
    Wendell Jarvis
    Vision Detailing
    Richmond, KY.
    859-248-2835
    Likes JBM, jsou liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jsou View Post
    I love their product line. Jeremy is a great guy.

I like Clutch much better than Reload. Just as you showed in your review, a little goes a long way!

For maintenance washes, I use their Wet Detailer and Ride Shine for those quick wipe downs.

Thanks for sharing this!
    Do you go back and forth between Wet Detailer and Clutch on the same vehicle? Or does clutch not bond if something else is applied without sio2?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wendell jarvis View Post
    Clutch is a Fantastic Product.......I personally like it way much better than Reload.....actually Shine Supply is becoming One of my Favorite Product lines, Flat Top is excellent too
    Shine Supply is a great family to be a part of, and the product line is simply amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by JBM View Post
    Do you go back and forth between Wet Detailer and Clutch on the same vehicle? Or does clutch not bond if something else is applied without sio2?
    Wet Detailer is a great protection booster and drying aid. I would apply Clutch as your initial sealant, then after your next wash or touch up you could top with WetD. I wouldn`t go Clutch>WetD>Clutch>WetD.
    Likes JBM, jsou liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

From my facebook feed

Make sure you check out Spike TV tomorrow at 10:30am to see Shine Supply products featured in this Chevy IROC paint overhaul. Chris Johnson from @procorrections performed the detail and knocked it out of the park - like he always does! I want to extend a huge thank you to Chris and Powernation TV for the support and allowing us to be apart of this event.
    tomorrow is Sunday morning 4/16

Post Thanks / Like

I had treated the mirror arm on my truck with Clutch a day or two after I did the Jeep and it made for better pictures for show and tell. 2 washes one with 114 and one with ONR plus quite a bit of rain and no change in appearance, maybe a little less beading.

Untreated

Trim on the jeep is holding up as well. Im applying it to all black plastic, case closed.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Great review! I use their Wet Detailer spray sealant ever 3 months to top off my Daddy-O sealant from them. I love the company and Jeremy. Cant wait to try this, its supposed to be fantastic as a coating topper.

Post Thanks / Like

FWIW I ordered their waterless/rinseless wash Eco Shine and its working as advertised. I dont have a lot of experience with waterless washes, I really only wanted it as a QD, but low and behold on a dusty blue jeep, it didnt mar the paint. 1-2 oz for a 32oz spray bottle, or 2 oz per gallon for rinseless.

I am observing the water behavior on the jeep today as its pouring out and the water runs off like the sio2 products (cquk, clutch, hydro!) under it. I will see if it holds onto the dirt. Not sure if that is a concern with such products or not.

The smell is pleasant, not sure what it is, but its nice. The paint is slick, feels nice, cleans in a couple swipes, doesnt appear to streak the one time I used it.
    Likes m54daboll liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JBM View Post
    FWIW I ordered their waterless/rinseless wash Eco Shine and its working as advertised. I dont have a lot of experience with waterless washes, I really only wanted it as a QD, but low and behold on a dusty blue jeep, it didnt mar the paint. 1-2 oz for a 32oz spray bottle, or 2 oz per gallon for rinseless.

I am observing the water behavior on the jeep today as its pouring out and the water runs off like the sio2 products (cquk, clutch, hydro!) under it. I will see if it holds onto the dirt. Not sure if that is a concern with such products or not.

The smell is pleasant, not sure what it is, but its nice. The paint is slick, feels nice, cleans in a couple swipes, doesnt appear to streak the one time I used it.
    EcoShine is another awesome product! Glad youre having good testing with numerous SS products.
    Likes JBM, m54daboll liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

So used clutch as a stand alone applied to just washed but not corrected paint when car was new/used to me. Like it about as well as hydrosilex which I like a lot for protection although neither shined very well on in corrected paint and I used wax before these just to shine a car up for the summer.

I now have moved on, corrected and coated the car with the clutch doing mostly “Elixer” work as I have went from doing this as economically as possible to justifying buying the high end stuff to myself.

I have been topping with Overcoat v1 and PA Cosmic. I decided to give Clutch a run (bought a gallon on sale now don’t know what to do with it all).

Applied with saver applicator and removed with one leveling MF (AutoGeek green) and one buffing (TRC Everest). Stuff applies more like wax. I saw a video on YouTube about Clutch to let cure... longer the better so applied and removed hour later. Stuff looks great and expecting rain to test water behavior report back tomorrow.

Stuff is suppose to have around 10% silica and although you can’t see in pics (why I took the two of product on car) got that rainbow effect like a coating although not as strong. Never seen that in a topper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes acuRAS82 liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information