Post Thanks / Like

Coating questions

When doing Windows do you guys do literally all windows or just the fix Windows (rear and front)

When coating rims, would it be stupid to coat rim prior to being mounted on tire(would it chip off when they do mount it?)

And do you guys coat the door/trunk/hood jambs?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coating questions

I coat all the windows, love to see the water run off of the windows. Likewise I do the door jambs, trunk, underhood, basically anything with paint that I can get to. It would make it very easy to coat the wheels prior to tire`s being mounted. I wouldn`t sweat the mounting hurting the coating assuming you have a qualified installer with a good machine putting the tire`s on. I`d wait til the tires are mounted to coat the rubber.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes nothingface5384 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well I guess even if he did then it most likely saved the wheel finish and I can simply recoat that messed

Thanks for the quick reply man

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are talking a professional type coating, it does not "chip off" and you see little pieces of it on the ground, etc...

If you want to take the time or the Client is paying for it, it is Always a great idea to take the wheels off, clean them perfectly, wipe them down, and coat the entire wheel, inner wheel and the back lip of it...

I did mine years ago and love having no brake dust problems and the wheels always look clean even when they dont get washed for weeks, etc...
    They are so easy to wash since I did that, it`s not even a chore to do like it used to be before I coated them...

By the same token, it makes perfect sense to coat everything outside that is able to be coated, making the washing and maintenance so much easier..

Now, if you like to go do things to your paint all the time, then coating is not going to work for your because it does not require a lot of maintenance - well, at least the really good ones do not require a lot of maintenance...

Good luck with your research !
    Dan F
    Likes jerry r liked this post

Thread Information