Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Question What rinseless wash for coatings...to keep them as original as possible?

I often use a rinseless wash to wash my vehicles. I use them for my weekly washes went the vehicle isn`t real dirty. I use the 2 bucket method and over the many years, I`ve not induced any marring...so my process is pretty good. I started out with ONR back before discovering coatings. When I started messing with coating (first was CQUK), I switched to Ultima Waterless Wash+ Concentrated. I use it for my 2 bucket rinseless wash process and also as a QD. I was just wondering if there is a "better" rinseless wash product since I`m needed to reorder for the season. When it comes to coatings, I know that any product that modifies the "look" will actually make it look worse...so I`m trying to stay away from that products. I know that when I do a regular wash with CarPro Reset that everything goes back to the beginning, but I`d like to use a rinseless wash that`s doing the best for me to keep my coating`s appearance as original as possible. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What rinseless wash for coatings...to keep them as original as possible?

Wolfgang`s Uber Rinsless Wash seems to be gaining a lot of steam here on the forum. Haven`t seen anyone that has used it that really didn`t like it. You might want to do a search on it.

LINK: Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Megs D114. Leaves nothing behind
    Likes Stokdgs, The Guz, mjlinane liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

+1 for D114

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Likes mjlinane liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The D114 sounds perfect and seems to be the preferred (no additive) product. I`ll give it a try. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I love the Wolfgang Uber Rinseless wash. Use it frequently on my cars. Also can be mixed up as a detail spray/waterless wash/clay lube
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p

Post Thanks / Like

I like the WG Uber, but it compares more to UWW than ONR. ONR rinses clean, but UWW leaves a little something behind. I have all 3 but choose which one based on what im doing. I have opti coat, so if i just want clean, i use ONR, but then i typically top with wax. If i just want a quick maintenance wash and dont want to wax, ill use WG or UWW for the added slickness. I have a gallon of WGU and just a few ounces of UWW left, prob wont buy more after what i have. I really like WGU as a detail spray. Nice and slick and leaves a great shine.
    Likes JustJesus, Jaddie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

There are really only 2 options for "pure cleaning" rinse-less washes that i am aware of. Megs D114 & Wolfs Mean Green. Since the Wolfs is harder to get here in the states now the D114 would be my suggestion.

Many of these others UWWP, WG Uber Rinse-less use what I believe is silicons to create the slick finish thus masking the coatings.
    Likes jsou, jmsc, XxBoostinxX liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yes...and masking the coating (so they say) is NOT something that you want to do. The coating should be better looking naturally than anything else.

Post Thanks / Like

This was discussed over on AGO and they will all leave "something" behind, whether its just surfacants, silicons, or something else.

Post Thanks / Like

i use wolfs mean green for that

but have also used uber rw on my car (I just like using it. I like the smell and the slickness over other rw I use)

wolfs mean green has more of a detergent smell

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to quote mike phillips..."KISS".

Just use what makes you happy.

Buy in small and sample sizes before you buy in gallons and experiment to find out what you like. Unfortunately D114 only comes in a gallon though.

If it breaks a cardinal rule to put a wax on a coating but you like the way it looks I say go for it. Its not gonna melt the paint off your car.

Sometimes I feel this detailing bug can get extremely overwhelming and it`s good to take a step back and look at the big picture.

We have amazing products these days that do a great job protecting our paint.

Also from mike phillips..."find something you like and use it often."

Likes ViperGuy21, Red Orc liked this post
    Thanks ViperGuy21 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobrar97 View Post
    The D114 sounds perfect and seems to be the preferred (no additive) product. I`ll give it a try. Thanks!
    You won`t regret it! D114 is great. It has so many uses besides rinseless washing too...heck we had company this weekend and I mopped the floors in the house with it. Turned out great!

Post Thanks / Like

PB`s Spray and Wipe. It leaves nothing behind.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Likes GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XxBoostinxX View Post
    PB`s Spray and Wipe. It leaves nothing behind.
    I`ve been using this recently and I think I agree. It`s very detergent-like, foams a bit when you spray unlike anything I`ve used before. Surface afterwards isn`t very slick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information