Post Thanks / Like

Coating Primer Products

I find it interesting to know the POV a product approaches the market and how they improve on something already being used. In my searches I came across the kamakazi artificial clear coat product. I was blown away in the video, but didnt make a connection to Essence because it didnt appear to be a product with any abrasive in it.

I did a search and came across this post discussing it when it was first being launched.

Link to discussion: Kamikaze artificial clear coat - Detailing World (if posting that is against the rules, sorry delete it)

There was a person from Wolf`s chemicals who said they have had a product just like that for years Link to discussion: Nano glaze

To sum up where my ramblings are going someone over there did a test with CQUK and the nano glaze to test for bonding and longevity Link to discussion: here

My unprofessional hobbyist thoughts are, Carpro took an already existing product and added polish to it, making it better imo. It could be developed from the ground up, either way its a great product. The product by kamakazi is certainly useful in many many situations. The Wolf`s Chemical product doesnt have a distributor in the USA , maybe due to some chemical issue but would be a much more affordable option to the kamakazi product they say.

Does a primer product that fills complicate matters, add a product that isnt needed 99% of the time, or is it something that will be more common going forward?
    Thanks rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coating Primer Products

IMHO

Filler = Time saver ?
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes JBM, tropicsteve liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Esp. on dark colors, even more esp. if it last 6-8 months or longer, even more esp if it increases the thickness of the clear with some scratch resistance!
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea of this product. Looks like is would work on interior wood surfaces on high end cars like Mercedes. If it prevents furthers scratching that would be a big plus. What type of special material is the pad made of? Looks like they were using a low speed polisher too. Interesting.
    Likes JBM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Kamakaze ACC is designed for extremely soft paints and for vehicles whose clear is extremely thin. Weather that be from excessive polishing or from the manufacturers. It is filler only and must be used on a small throw machine with the Kamakaze felt pad. It is excellent at doing what is designed to do! It must be coated over as it offers no protection, it can be another very useful tool in your toolbox! Modesta has a primer as well as carpro, and as I read it AG has a prep polish that is the same theory.
    Likes JBM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Could the ACC be applied with a rotary on low speed or does it have to be an 8mm or less orbital?

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like it needs to heat up but not too much.

Post Thanks / Like

MUST be used on small throw machine with the correct pad!

Thread Information