Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Carpro Hydro2 lite

The weather finally cooled down enough to breathe here in South Georgia, so I took enough time to wash all the cars and tryout Carpros Hydro2 lite and my new pump sprayer I picked up during one of the many sales over the last two months. I have watched a few videos that showed the water beading up after application of Hydro2, but I was more than a little skeptical. Well no more, Hydro2 lite works as advertised. After washing my wife`s car with some Optimum soap, I filled my new spray pump with the Hydro2 lite, sprayed it on and had my son follow me and spread it over the car and then had my wife to spray the car with a strong stream of water. All done in less than 10 minutes. Now the car beads and sheets like I spent an hour waxing or applying a sealant. Great job Carpro! Now let`s see if it lasts the 2 to 3 months promised. It can`t get much easier.😎

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpro Hydro2 lite

Been meaning to put this or the regular hydro2 in my cart the last few times I ordered. Will definitely be putting this in my next order.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the concentrate hydro2, I dilute it for spray and rinse and spray and wipe works great both ways.

Post Thanks / Like

I got 2-3 months with regular 3:1 diluted. amazing for spray and rinse product. just gotta be careful to stay out of the sun with dark colored vehicles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Lite or concentrated, either way, MUST HAVE for wheels. Unless coating obviously
    shanesautodetail.com
    facebook.com/shanesautodetail
    Likes tom p., mnehls86, richy liked this post
    Thanks tom p. thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

+1 for wheels and glass. I use the concentrate myself. Really a great product and a good up sell.

IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report! This is one of those products I`d like to try to save some time.
    Does it look much different than a traditional coating? How would you describe how the paint looks as compared to with another LSP?

Post Thanks / Like

It does not look as glossy as an lsp, but for a 10 minute job the added protection is wort it. Some folks have been looking for a product that sheets more than beads, this is the only one that I have used that water actually runs off in sheets. Experts can chime in, but I have read that sheeting will decrease water spotting and that is a good thing.
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It has finally quit raining in my neck of the woods and it time to clean the wife`s car that I used Hydro2 on. After 3 months her car has very little Hydro2 left on the paint. When I rinse with clear water there is still beading/sheeting on vertical surfaces and the car has stayed remarkably clean with only one high pressure wash and rainwater. Normally my wife`s car is filthy by now. Usually so bad that I refuse to ride in it, but Hydro2 has kept the car respectable. The rain knocked off most all of the dust, dirt, and pollen! I am truly amazed that something so easy to apply actually worked. Two thumbs up! I washed her car today using Carpro Hydro2 Foam in my foam gun. I was not too impressed with the cleaning ability of Hydro2 Foam, but if it protects anything like Hydro2 I will be happy. I will try to update this thread as the days progress.

Post Thanks / Like

I used ironx on one of my plow trucks and applied hydro 3;1, maybe mid december. Still beading, hasnt been washed since lol.
    Likes rlmccarty2000, richy, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justins00ss View Post
    +1 for wheels and glass. I use the concentrate myself. Really a great product and a good up sell.

WOW!!! That looks great! Do you still have to scrub any of the brake dust off when washing? Or does just using water leave them squeaky clean?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    The weather finally cooled down enough to breathe here in South Georgia, so I took enough time to wash all the cars and tryout Carpros Hydro2 lite and my new pump sprayer I picked up during one of the many sales over the last two months. I have watched a few videos that showed the water beading up after application of Hydro2, but I was more than a little skeptical. Well no more, Hydro2 lite works as advertised. After washing my wife`s car with some Optimum soap, I filled my new spray pump with the Hydro2 lite, sprayed it on and had my son follow me and spread it over the car and then had my wife to spray the car with a strong stream of water. All done in less than 10 minutes. Now the car beads and sheets like I spent an hour waxing or applying a sealant. Great job Carpro! Now let`s see if it lasts the 2 to 3 months promised. It can`t get much easier.
    I get about a month and a half on my wheels- I`ve seen it working fine at the 3 and a half month mark on a car I maintain (but she recently traded it so I cant check it anymore)

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

keeps the brake dust down too ever since applying it to the wheels, barrels and caliper

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Brandt K.
    Likes rlmccarty2000, Marc08EX, richy, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well I took the plunge and ordered some hydro2. Seems like an excellent product and I`m very excited to use it. I did not want to start a new thread since it is pertaining to the same product.

I waxed My truck with Megs NXT about three weeks ago. Should I plan on stripping that off before using hydro2?

After applying hydro2, can I wax on top of it?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, strip off any wax or sealant before applying Hydro2. I would advise against applying any wax or sealant over Hydro2. By applying wax or sealant you are defeating the Hydro2s great beading/sheeting properties and also the dirt repellant properties. This is a fantastic product and so easy to use. Don`t forget to do your wheels too! Enjoy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information