Post Thanks / Like

Duragloss 931 Rinseless Wash with Aquawax

So I just tried DG 931 the other day. Another gift from the `DG lottery` I received. I mixed about 2-3oz in a quart spray bottle of `soft water` (I reclaim water from my basement dehumidifier (I wouldn`t drink it, but it`s like distilled).
    I spray this on a panel, wipe with a wet WW towel, followed by a dry MF towel. The WW towel gets rinsed as needed.

This stuff is great!....I could tell by the glide that it seems every bit as good or better than ONR and will likely be my new rinseless wash product. The truck looked very good when finished.
    I`m also hopeful (but not a deal breaker) that it doesn`t stain towels like ONR is known to do.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes GearHead_1, tropicsteve liked this post
    Thanks GearHead_1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Duragloss 931 Rinseless Wash with Aquawax

2-3oz per quart? It`s great stuff I agree but it works fine at 1oz per 2gals.

Post Thanks / Like

Told you so. I have gone down to 1oz in a 16oz bottle but for encapsulation I prefer 2oz to stay on the safe side. I do weekly no rinse washes on the wife`s van and a gallon lasts about a year mixing 2.5oz to 4 gallons and also mixing a few QD bottles.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    2-3oz per quart? It`s great stuff I agree but it works fine at 1oz per 2gals.
    Ah, but I`m not doing a conventional rinseless wash. After spending a few years with ONR I came to realize that I could mix it concentrated in a spray bottle and use it like a Quick Detail spray (also works well as a clay lube). For the wash, I lightly spray, then I use a bucket of fresh, hot water to rinse the WW towel. I`ll get 4-6 washes (or more) with that quart of spray.

footnote: This concentrated spray is also the goto juice to mop up after the droppings of our fine feathered `friends`!

Post Thanks / Like

I also use 2-3 oz or sometimes even more. I think then it is more certain to stay clean. Meybe that is just my habit though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiVor View Post
    Ah, but I`m not doing a conventional rinseless wash. After spending a few years with ONR I came to realize that I could mix it concentrated in a spray bottle and use it like a Quick Detail spray (also works well as a clay lube). For the wash, I lightly spray, then I use a bucket of fresh, hot water to rinse the WW towel. I`ll get 4-6 washes (or more) with that quart of spray.

footnote: This concentrated spray is also the goto juice to mop up after the droppings of our fine feathered `friends`!
    Then you are using it as a waterless wash.
    Likes glen e liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfOC View Post
    Then you are using it as a waterless wash.
    Well no, not really. I`m using a 2 gallon bucket of (hot rinse) water to rinse the WW towel as needed. So technically I think of it as a modified rinseless method, not waterless.

Note: the WW towel is folded so there are 8 sides...and each side does nearly a panel...so it only needs to be rinsed a few times. Hmm, maybe I should use like 4 towels in the bucket and never rinse and re-use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiVor View Post
    Hmm, maybe I should use like 4 towels in the bucket and never rinse and re-use.
    interesting idea. Basically a waterless wash with a damp towel. Probably safer than traditional waterless, but you have to dry afterward, right? Is there a significant difference from the Garry dean one bucket method?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RMD View Post
    interesting idea. Basically a waterless wash with a damp towel. Probably safer than traditional waterless, but you have to dry afterward, right? Is there a significant difference from the Garry dean one bucket method?
    I`m not sure. In a recent video, Gary not only had IUDJ product in the bucket, he sprayed IUDJ product on the panel, then used IUDJ along with air pressure!!! He was using multiple towels so as not to re-introduce any dirt.

(Edit: Just my dime, but I think this tripple use of IUDJ is a bit over the top)

I`m just spraying a panel, then wiping with a hot/wet WW towel, followed by a dry MF towel. Rinsing the WW in fresh hot water as needed. I`m thinking of adopting his multi-towel method without product in the bucket or product under air pressure. I just don`t see the need. As I mentioned, with the way the WW is folded, 4 towels should easily do my truck.

Thread Information