Post Thanks / Like

What Compounds/Polishes Work "Better" with Long-throw Random-Orbital Polishers?

This question begs to be asked because of the advent of long-throw (large-displacement stroke) random orbital (OR) polishers currently on the market; namely the original innovative Rupes Bigfoot and a host of knock-offs, including the Griot`s Garage`s BOSS.
    I know that Rupes and Griots each have developed (or perhaps more precisely, marketed) their own line of compounds and polishes for their specific machines. How do these compare to previously detailing industry "standards" such as Meg`s M105 and M205 or Menzerna PG 1000 or FF 3000 or even the new 3-D ATT Compound and Polish?
    Let`s face it; there are a plethora (many) of compounds and polishes being developed, marketed, and sold be just about every car-care chemical manufacturer out there. Anyone who is a long-time subscriber to this forum is well aware of that. My "problem" is trying to find a line (or lines) that works well with a future purchase consideration of a long-throw random-orbital polisher (LTOP or LTRO; new acronym?). Since a new machine is a major investment (at least on my part as a hobbyist) I would like to get some feed back from fellow professional and like-hobbyist Autopians who have invested both their time and money in various compounds and polishes and their experience with them using LTOPs. I know that each detailer will have their own preferences and reasons for those preferences (just like waxes, sealants, and now coatings), but as stated at the beginning, I`d like to know before investing, and possibly wasting, my time and money (little that I have) on something that doesn`t work well with a new polishing machine technology.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What Compounds/Polishes Work "Better" with Long-throw Random-Orbital Polishers?

All my polishes/compounds have worked well on both Rupes on Groit`s tools. I do like the thinner foam pads from Megs and Griot`s though.
    Likes RaysWay, mshu7 liked this post

Thread Information