Having decided that I really like CG Spray Wax, I figured I would "test" it the way a non-enthusiast would, just to see how well it holds up.

It is advertised as being good for use as a 1) Drying Aid, 2) A Booster Wax, and as a 3) Stand Alone Product.

It is as a stand alone that I intend to test the Spray Wax. My wife occasionally complains that I don`t "wash & take care of her car like I do mine." Well I have a small sedan and she has a huge 2003 Ford Explorer (I need a ladder to clean the windshield). In other words it`s a pain. So, trying to be nice I washed her truck and then it came to me that I could try the CGSW on her truck to see what it will do since her car is rarely taken care of.

I could tell (without even doing the baggie test) that the truck needed clayed desperately and a follow up with a good polishing, but a non enthusiast would not do these things so I just applied the spay wax using a damp cloth as the applicator and a dry mf to remove it. It went on as well as could be expected with the surface as rough as it was. Through the microfiber, I could feel the slickness of the spray wax, but I could also feel the contamination stuck to the paint.

I`m going to try and keep track of the performance and see if I can determine how long the wax holds up with no paint prep or correction and minimal washing or upkeep.