Post Thanks / Like

Want to get cquartz uk off!!!

I`ve now had this stuff on I guess about a year, and definitely hate it. It`s left water spots deep enough that I had to use a blue pad with sf4500, tried a cleaner wax and it wouldn`t get them out, also used dg105.

In fairness, the water here is beyond terrible, but with 22ple vx1 I didn`t have these issues.

Anyway, I think for now I`m going back to just sealant and wax instead of the coatings.

So what should I use that`s not to harsh, but will remove this? Perhaps m205? Maybe even megs ultimate polish? I also have menzerna IP I could use on a megs yellow pad? Or perhaps the IP on the blue pad?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Want to get cquartz uk off!!!

Boxing, welcome aboard !!

Post Thanks / Like

This is an interesting question. You will likely get a bunch of answers of the various pad / polish combos you can use to remove it.

But my question is, since paint is somewhat porous and is not flat (peaks/valleys) - is it ever possible to remove the coating 100%?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    This is an interesting question. You will likely get a bunch of answers of the various pad / polish combos you can use to remove it.

But my question is, since paint is somewhat porous and is not flat (peaks/valleys) - is it ever possible to remove the coating 100%?
    Good question

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure, but it will wear off over time anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

You might be able to get away with M205 depending on how many layers of CQUK you applied. But the only way to know is to try a test spot and see how it turns out. Chances are you might need a medium cut polish or compound to get back to original.

I got 2.5 years from CQ and am at 2 years with CQUK now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    You might be able to get away with M205 depending on how many layers of CQUK you applied. But the only way to know is to try a test spot and see how it turns out. Chances are you might need a medium cut polish or compound to get back to original.

I got 2.5 years from CQ and am at 2 years with CQUK now.
    I won`t fault just the coating, the water here is so bad, it barely passes the standards that my plumber told me at least. I could wash it with regular well water and it was fine.

Now I think I feel that sealants and collinite fleet wax really do better in the spotting department, though not in the dirt shedding area, but oh well. 2 coats of powerlock and one fleet wax should be enough to resist the issues.

Post Thanks / Like

UK is a relatively high silica content, which make it more prone to spotting. Topping with Reload from time to time adds a layer of polymers to the paint that significantly reduce the spotting issues.

In any case, a polishing pad with M205 should be fine for degrading or removing the coating.

Retired Professional Detailer

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boxingfan30 View Post
    I won`t fault just the coating, the water here is so bad, it barely passes the standards that my plumber told me at least. I could wash it with regular well water and it was fine.

Now I think I feel that sealants and collinite fleet wax really do better in the spotting department, though not in the dirt shedding area, but oh well. 2 coats of powerlock and one fleet wax should be enough to resist the issues.
    I used a lot of Menzerna Powerlock years ago when it first came out.. A very nice product to apply and remove, not a long life outside..

If you go ahead and polish up the paint again, might as well get it as perfect as you want it to be, clean it really good, and I would apply Sonax Polymer Net Shield to it..
    This is really a great product and I used it all the time in the Shop in WA on Audi, Mercedes, and BMW with great results..

Mind the application instructions they recommend and you will be amazed at how nice it looks for a long time..
    Its here at their store --- Sonax Polymer Net Shield
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    I used a lot of Menzerna Powerlock years ago when it first came out.. A very nice product to apply and remove, not a long life outside..

If you go ahead and polish up the paint again, might as well get it as perfect as you want it to be, clean it really good, and I would apply Sonax Polymer Net Shield to it..
    This is really a great product and I used it all the time in the Shop in WA on Audi, Mercedes, and BMW with great results..

Mind the application instructions they recommend and you will be amazed at how nice it looks for a long time..
    Dan F
    Thanks for the info, I will look into it, I have also gotten long life from the fleet wax too though. Either way, I`ll take a look though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post

Dan F
    FWIW, all LSPs are very dependent on the specific environment they live in....

We`ve personally done side by side testing of PL, BFWD, and SPNS and they all lived very well for 4 months when we decided to remove them for other testing.

Retired Professional Detailer
    Likes boxingfan30, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zmcgovern45 View Post
    FWIW, all LSPs are very dependent on the specific environment they live in....

We`ve personally done side by side testing of PL, BFWD, and SPNS and they all lived very well for 4 months when we decided to remove them for other testing.
    I always had really good luck with pl, I definitely like how it just blows dry just going down the road, a lot of the sealants I`ve used haven`t been quite slick enough for that.

Thread Information