Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Waxes with coating properties,

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    top189h- That sounds like exactly what I get from FK1000P, and that`s why it`s become my go-to LSP.....

I mean...I`ll have a FK1000P`ed vehicle that`s really dirty, and then a hard rain basically washes it clean (well, clean enough..). Or I`ll do my Pressure Washer Rinse and decide it looks so clean I won`t bother washing it after all, and I just blow it dry.
    Dang it, Accumulator!! Every time I read another (infinite numbered) post from you, you sing the praises of FK1000P and it makes me feel like I`m missing out on all the advantages that this LSP has to offer at a very reasonable price and it`s very easy to apply. Once again, it`s time from me (and other fellow Autopians) to join the FK1000P bandwagon and add this to our own "accumulation" of car-care products.
    GB detailer
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Lonnie- The stuff is *so* satisfactory that I`m seriously considering selling off my other LSPs for chump-change since I`ll never use them. Well, OK..I`ll keep something different for the Jag and `93 Audi; I`ll readily admit that it`s not the right LSP for every car/color/situation. But for any light-colored driver I simply can`t imagine a better choice.

If I offered to buy any FK1000P that I`d recommended if it proved unsatisfactory, I bet I`d *never* have to do it.

Seriously, I don`t make my FK1000P recommendations lightly in part because everybody`s different and also because around here I figure that people already have their favorites when it comes to something as basic as "which wax?". Hey, I was a satisfied KSG and Collinite user for *ages* before I finally, and somewhat begrudgingly, tried the FK1000P and I was *certain* that I`d hate it on that metallic black Yukon I had...until I lived with it for a while.

Oh, and if anybody gets some rock-hard FK1000P they oughta contact FinishKare and see about getting a replacement. It`s *NOT* supposed to be hard, and their Customer Service is good (IME), so if a bad tin/batch slipped through I`d expect them to make it right. (OR, just try spritzing some FK425 in the tin to soften it up...but I`d ask `em for a new tin.)
    Likes KBsToy, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I was basically asking the same question in my zaino thread - up here in the northeast modesta has been making a big push. zaino has been radio silent for many years

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ttforcefed View Post
    I was basically asking the same question in my zaino thread - up here in the northeast modesta has been making a big push. zaino has been radio silent for many years
    If you like z so much, just go on the store and order some duragloss. and save some $$$$$$$$$ (just tell everybody it`s Z)
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Accumulator got me on the FK1000P bandwagon and I love the stuff. As time goes on it`s benefits become more and more apparent; almost totally self-cleaning when it rains, dead bug`s fall of the paint, looks as good as the day I applied it, it`s easy to use/apply, and the price is right!

There`s only one con and it`s hardly worth mentioning as it seems to be isolated to my 09 Sliver Jeep SRT8 only. For whatever reason, flys seem love my paint topped with FK1000P, not sure why its only me (now spiders have also been setting up shop and webbing up the car trying to catch all the flys, it`s kind of funny at this point).

Post Thanks / Like

4u2nvinmtl- And now SPIDERS?!? Good heavens!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4u2nvinmtl View Post
    Accumulator got me on the FK1000P bandwagon and I love the stuff. As time goes on it`s benefits become more and more apparent; almost totally self-cleaning when it rains, dead bug`s fall of the paint, looks as good as the day I applied it, it`s easy to use/apply, and the price is right!

There`s only one con and it`s hardly worth mentioning as it seems to be isolated to my 09 Sliver Jeep SRT8 only. For whatever reason, flys seem love my paint topped with FK1000P, not sure why its only me (now spiders have also been setting up shop and webbing up the car trying to catch all the flys, it`s kind of funny at this point).

Mr. Glock came up with a solution to your pest problem

Just have a good body shop/auto glass shop on call
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Thanks 4u2nvinmtl thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post

If only my wife would sign my gun licence/permit (that`s Canada for you). Haven`t owned a gun since I moved here from AZ, but the pet polar bear seems to work very well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    4u2nvinmtl- And now SPIDERS?!? Good heavens!
    Well yeah, the spiders are trying to catch all those flys, LOL... I`m not even joking I thought my car was all scratched up and then I noticed it`s just spiderwebbing everywhere (blows off when driving, so its a non-issue just a byproduct of the fly issue).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4u2nvinmtl View Post
    If only my wife would sign my gun licence/permit (that`s Canada for you). Haven`t owned a gun since I moved here from AZ, but the pet polar bear seems to work very well.
    Wow. First socialized medicine, then your WIFE has to sign off on your permit...........

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure about waxes...but sonax polymer netshield sealant is better than some coatings I`ve tried. The most incredible cleaning ability I`ve seen bar non. Top it with their detail spray..you may never have to wash the car again...if you live in rainy climate.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The OP should just try Synergy. I don`t know anything about Kamikaze... My guess is you will see them come... And you will see them go. But Synergy is like the gift that just keeps on giving.... It seems to last forever.

It costs a lot, but you don`t use much. I don`t know why they didn`t put a dye in it - because the color of the wax is pretty unappealing (think baby poo).

It smells like Dodo BV.

I`m not a fan of the container either.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m a big fan of 22ple. However, I`m also a fan of collinite fleet wax, accumulators prized fk1000, dg105, and powerlock. What I don`t like about the coatings are the tendency to spot, I feel like topping a costing with reload or whatever should be an option rather than a necessity, but with the town water here, a coating just doesn`t seem to be a good idea. Collinite fleet wax can spot and then wash off, yet the CQUK I had on my car I just had to polish out because the spotting was that bad, water beading was also non existent. the kamakaize product sounds like a good hard coating/wax that might be what I need, maybe the synergy, but they both have to be topped as well. Decisions decisions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post

I love my h&k P30L ��
    Likes Ronkh, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone here tried the synergy?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information