Post Thanks / Like

~*!!Finally bought Flex!!*~ expert help plz ( PADS & POLISH ?`s)

So after pulling may hair out pulling multiple all nighter researching dilemma and debate on whether I should go with rupes or flex. I finally made up my mind. ( @ least I think so ) However now that I`ve find my self in the same position with product
    reading and reading but not posing for help. Really new to using forum so here it goes...

1) I`ve heard that buff and shine pads preferd over others? I used LC Hybrid, But need replaced thinking about CCS or other LC pads but if buff and shine are superior.. ( Superior to Lake Country, Rupes, Meguiares ) What attributes do you find make them better? Or Do you disagree and why?

2).Which specific pads do I need for full detail ( Its a 3 step process= full detail right ) ? Car colors I`m working are a 1 year pearl white very minor oxidation, 2 year flat white with moderate, oxidation and 4 year black with quite of bit a swirling & oxidation after that just it will just maintenance/ upkeep )(are Microfiber pads any good or just gimmicky ?) For example. For LC pads wouldn`t I just Need Orange=cutting White=polishing and Black= finishing

3).Aporximatly how many pads do I need to be safe, ( ex 2 cut 1 polish , 2 of etc.) I like to make things speedy However at the same time I not opening a business where I can afford 5 of everything

4). What size of backing plate do you recommend, and which manufacture?( well not essential but make things more productive easier )

5).Is purchasing pad cleaner highly recommended? Also what about conditioner, and will the standard brittle brush like a toothbrush do the trick? OR do specific pad cleaner, or brush work that much better to make the investment worth it ? I just use dish soap and a rag in the past with moderate results?

6) Are there any washer type mods that you have with the rupess or PC?

WOW a lot of questions, I can`t begin tell you greatly appreciated your help is !!!!. I plan do an extensive review and write in hopes to return the generosity and help I`ve received!! and to help others that might be in my position.

Side note not my crucial questions but if you have time your 2 cents would be great!
    Polish & Sealents.
    I have 5 year old Wolfgang sealant and the old Menzerna intensive & final polis II
    1)Do they go bad or will it be just as good with a vigerous shake?
    -If yes
    2)Have Menzerna or Wolfgang changed there formula for the better .. They are now Intense & Super Finish is this right ?) Any reason not to go with Super Intense polish this time, rather than Intensive?
    3) Are there other companies you`ve used found prefer over either the Menzerna polish? Or work best with your Flex machine?
    4) Really interested in other sealants as well , anything you found to be better than Wolfgang, in terms of durability & shine ?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ~*!!Finally bought Flex!!*~ expert help plz ( PADS & POLISH ?`s)

No washer mod, I use LC CCS & hybrid never used buff & shine I`m sure there are fine. I use Wolfgang products including their sealant, just don`t like the cure time. I use compressed air to clean pads, wash by hand. As far as how many pads depends on your wallet, I have every type of pad times many. I did just add a Rupes 15 & mini to my stable I do find I don`t always need my 3401, when I do its a beast. I did get the 4 7/8 backing plate I use 5" or 5.5" pads much easier to control.

Post Thanks / Like

My GO-TO machine is the Rupes 21 with a LHR 5" backing plate. This is my favorite!
    For Pads I use Megs mf, HD Orbital Foam Pads, 5" Carpro Flash pads & CP Gloss pads.
    For minor correction I like using the Meguiars DA Microfiber Cutting discs with D300.
    For correction (leveling) I like Megs M101. For finishing (jeweling) I like Carpro Reflect.
    For pad cleaning BF Bug & Tar Sponge for mf discs. Foam pad cleaning brush for pads.
    For pad washing The Grit Guard pad cleaning bucket, hand wash & washing machine.
    I use the Kevin Brown washer mod with my Rupes. There are no mods for the 3401.

Post Thanks / Like

As many pads as you can afford, i have about 6-7 Orange 5.5" LC CCS Pads, same for White Polishing Pads and a couple of Black ones for "jeweling" the paint if it`s part of the job i`m doing. I have about 5 each of the 4" Orange and White Pads for small sections and one Heavy Cutting Yellow 4" Pad for heavy scratch removal on spot areas.

Congratulations on the Flex Purchase, i just bought mine recently as well, after being a Porter Cable user for years, I`ve retired my PC to use with small 4" Pads only so it`s a very easy transition and saves time from switching backing plates.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you need to do some reading and watch some videos--here`s a link to a list of articles by Mike Phillips that should help you out-- Car detailing articles by Mike Phillips - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum

And here`s a link regarding the number of pads you`ll need--- How many pads do I need to buff out my car? - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum
    Trying to do an entire car with one or two pads is a sure road to failure.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Thread Information