Thread: Mistake Made

Post Thanks / Like

Mistake Made

I decided to use a bottle of Dodo Juice Ferrous Dueler Iron Remover that I had bought a few months ago. I had it in the garage but noticed that the sprayer tube was longer than the bottle so I took it inside the house (some of you know what come next) so I cut the tube and opened the bottle in my house. Ooooh that smell, I tried to quickly put the sprayer on but was not quick enough to get a nose full of that smell. I staggered outside feeling extremely nauseous, didn`t throw up, but learned my lesson...keep that stuff outside in a well ventilated area! On the good side, the product worked well, even though it was difficult to see the color change on my red car, but I could see where it was dripping red into my driveway. Good product for iron removal, just keep your nose away.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mistake Made

ow
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

You should leave the sprayer tube long. They flex towards the side of the bottle that way when it is close to empty you just tilt the bottle and get more usage. As for iron removers, I`m use to the smell and in some sick way almost enjoy it knowing how smooth and clean my paint will be and super clean wheels. My wife still isn`t a fan.

Post Thanks / Like

These iron removal products smell like rust removers that contain phosphoric acid.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Friends

Let me tell you about what my family is dealing with right now.

Our cat, George, has developed kidney disease at the ripe age of 14 or 15. He was peeing in the bottom of my wife`s organizer in our laundry room. It leaked under a five-gallon can of sunflower seeds and began to stink up a storm, except it didn`t smell like cat pee. We didn`t suspect George because he`s always been perfect about using his box.

After about a week of hoping the smell would go away on its own, my wife began to clean out the laundry room to find the source. There was a huge rust spot under the metal sunflower seed bucket that wouldn`t come up with soap and water or even undiluted Meg`s APC (101).

We we detailers know the answer to rust, don`t we? Iron X. Good ol`, sweet-smellin` Iron X.

I was away at the time and my wife phoned me to complain about the rust`s not coming up. I advised her to use Iron X. And she took my advice.

The rust is long gone.

But we`ve closed the door to our laundry room and are considering doing laundry at my wife`s parents for the next couple of years or until the odor abates, whichever comes first.

We didn`t know poor ol` George had kidney disease until we had a dental cleaning done on him. Now he`s on $90-per-month medicine and is forecast to have six months to five years remaining, depending on how he responds to the medicine.
    —  Jaddie

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L Nav. (mine)
    2016 Ford Escape Titanium (hers)

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about George. Pets are family members. I still miss my cat that died 5 years ago. I don`t want another, too hard to take the loss.

Thread Information