Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Rinseless washes - which for my dad?

My dad lives in a high rise, so he has no access to water near the car, but they are lax enough that he wouldn`t have a problem doing something on the car in the garage. The car is always garaged and pretty much only driven on weekends since he takes the metro to work. That said, it does still get pretty dusty because of all the construction around (that and it`s just the nature of an underground garage). He has a guy who does things like polish/wax and full detail periodically, but no way of washing in between (I don`t live local to him). A friend sent me a link to a video of Garry Dean Detail Juice and that got me searching and sure enough there are plenty of brands making something like this it seems. Is there a product that would be good to use that wouldn`t carry a high risk of introducing fine scratches? It`s a fairly high end car and he`s 67 (albeit effectively younger than most people I know his age), so my goals are that whatever I recommend to him be safe to use and easy to use. He can bring a bucket of water down with him if needed though.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rinseless washes - which for my dad?

For waterless washes, I really like Optimum No Rinse. And for the price it is really hard to beat.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

And there`s Optimum No Rinse with Wax. A bucket with a couple of gallons of water and an ounce of ONR with wax, a mitt and a couple of microfiber towels and he can clean the car in 15 min.

And there`s the Eco Touch line of products and they offer an enviromentally friendly rinseless wash too. It could be quite a chatting point with his high rise neighbours.

Post Thanks / Like

Here`s a Rinseless Wash Poll from last November ....

#1 Favorite Rinseless Product?

I use the Duragloss Rinseless Wash with Aquawax, but I`d also like to try the Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+. I have ONR, but I like the

Quote Originally Posted by marlinspike View Post
    Is there a product that would be good to use that wouldn`t carry a high risk of introducing fine scratches?
    I think the microfiber towel quality along with the washing techniques are just as important when trying not to create fine scratches in the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

INFINITE USE DETAIL JUICE. I have tried just about every Rinseless Washes out there...this is the BEST in my opinion by far. Not even close.

Post Thanks / Like

What makes it so good? I have heard a lot of hype over the years and after watching his videos. I never felt compelled to buy it. But from time to time I heard a strong love for the product. So what`s so good about it compared to ONR?

Quote Originally Posted by 52split View Post
    INFINITE USE DETAIL JUICE. I have tried just about every Rinseless Washes out there...this is the BEST in my opinion by far. Not even close.

Post Thanks / Like

I quit using ONR back when the previous version messed with some LSPs. Switched to Garry`s IUDJ and never looked back. NOTHING that I dislike about it, totally positive experience. Leaves things so slick I`m gradually getting away from using my QDs like FK425.

I haven`t tried the newer versions of ONR, but IUDJ had much better lubricity than their v2.0.

Garry`s videos/ad-copy *are* cheesy IMO, but the guy himself is 100% straight-up, a true gentleman. I *like* giving business to guys like him. Very different experience from when I incurred the wrath of the Optimum fanbase regarding how ONR v2.0 affected Collinite 476S. Don`t tell *me* that something I experienced both first-hand and repeatedly "couldn`t have happened"!

Eh, I`m sure most anybody would be happy with most of the rinseless washes on the market these days, but other than costing a little more (hey, maybe that`s a deal-breaker) I can`t see any reason *not* to try the IUDJ.
    Thanks 4u2nvinmtl thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

After years of using ONR I tried DG Rinseless but didn`t care for it, then tried Ultima Waterless Wash Plus--- very impressed since first use and have now been using it for over a year with great results. Seems to have more lubricity than ONR and leaves a great extra "glow" on the car with great slickness. Works great as a clay lube also.
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pwaug View Post
    After years of using ONR I tried DG Rinseless but didn`t care for it, then tried Ultima Waterless Wash Plus--- ..leaves a great extra "glow" on the car with great slickness..
    Yeah, same experience with the IUDJ. Seems to leave the vehicles looking better overall compared to using my QDs as drying aids. I *am* mixing it up kinda strong, maybe that factors in.

Post Thanks / Like

So I watched the most recent Garry Dean method video and I see he mocks people who care about putting swirl marks in their paint. Is that just the nature of these rinseless washes?

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve tried many and still have few in my arsenal. ONR, ONRWW, DG, Ultima WW+, Blackfire, Pinnacle, but the one I reach for now over all others is Meg`s D114. In my mind it truly is a step above.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marlinspike View Post
    So I watched the most recent Garry Dean method video and I see he mocks people who care about putting swirl marks in their paint. Is that just the nature of these rinseless washes?
    Huh, haven`t seen that one, but then I`m probably not spending any more of my time on detailing videos either...

Some people do fine with rinseless washes. I can`t. I have to use conventional (well, my foamgun-centric version of "conventional") methods first to get the big stuff off first. But that`s just me. Hey, it only matters if it matters to *you*, and some people don`t mind a little marring that`s seldom noticed, or else they don`t mind polishing every now and then.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m a fan of Meguiar`s D114.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

I used ONR for years and someone got me to try the Ultima WW+. I`ve changed over and haven`t looked back. I`ve not experience with the other products in the poll, but when it`s ONR vs Ultima WW+, the Ultima is the clear winner. And because it`s so concentrated, the bottle is a lot smaller to store. I`d like to try the IUDJ some time though.

Post Thanks / Like

Garry Dean doesn`t mock people who worry about marring/swirls. He says he doesn`t worry too much about them on HIS cars. And while avoiding them is always preferred, removing them is quite simple. Re watch the video....he clearly states that.

Garry`s a different breed, but a nice guy and very skilled.
    "Courage is being afraid but saddling up anyways." - John Wayne

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information