Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Cleaning tires to remove browning and dirt

I usually clean the tires when I do the wheels. I have been using p21s total auto wash. Is there a better product. I am never satisfied with the look of the tires. I usually wet the tires spray the APC scrub and rinse. I then seem to use terminator to clean them up. Would like to know what your guys are using to clean the tires during the wash process that you like.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cleaning tires to remove browning and dirt

Bleche wite works very well. And its really cheap too. It works better than any APC ive tried to clean tires with. I also have a bottle of tuff shine tire cleaner coming that I have high hopes for considering what I read from everyone else.

Are you looking for something just to clean them during a maintenance wash or something to get them spotlessly clean?

Post Thanks / Like

I like them spotless before I dress them. I think it looks better.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneB View Post
    Bleche wite works very well. And its really cheap too. It works better than any APC ive tried to clean tires with. I also have a bottle of tuff shine tire cleaner coming that I have high hopes for considering what I read from everyone else.

Are you looking for something just to clean them during a maintenance wash or something to get them spotlessly clean?

Post Thanks / Like

I like OPC. I started a thread about it around here somewhere. I am still experimenting with the dilution (complicated by the fact that I just used up my supply of the original formula and starting using the current, which is supposed to be slightly more effective), but I`m going to try to use 1:3 which makes it pretty economical. I had been using 1:1 with the old formula, which I think was probably overkill, so if the 1:3 doesn`t work I may wind up at 1:2.

PS Here`s that other thread: No More Browning After Switching to OPC

Post Thanks / Like

Zep 505 for me.

Works better than OPC and much cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like

pb apc normally (but you knew that)

But there are some "wheel/tire cleaners" that I`ve been wondering about lately
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I use Meguiars Non-acid wheel and tire cleaner.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Tuff Shine Tire Cleaner, their really inexpensive, awesome brush, you may need to repeat the process, a few times to get all the brown muck out, then follow with their coating which applies white and dries clear, a couple of coats, and they will not only look great, they will really stay that way even through the constant Seattle WA., rain that falls well over 300 days a year.. Then there is the snow that comes when its not raining...

Tuff Shine makes these really nice little rectangular application sponges that are very tight so they absorb very little.. These are perfect for applying the coating, or hey - see what they do with things like Opti-Coat, etc... Yeah, you want some of these also inexpensive little gems...

I have tried many products for my Business and personal use and none of them have been able to beat these products yet...
    Everything else is great but temporary, greasy, attracts dirt, etc...
    Good luck !
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

I just finished watching a YouTube video showing a guy clean his tires 7 times before the tuff shine cleaner got the tires clean. Maybe I just need to do it more than 2x to get the results I want? Will experiment and report back.

Thanks for the ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I like OPC. I started a thread about it around here somewhere. I am still experimenting with the dilution (complicated by the fact that I just used up my supply of the original formula and starting using the current, which is supposed to be slightly more effective), but I`m going to try to use 1:3 which makes it pretty economical. I had been using 1:1 with the old formula, which I think was probably overkill, so if the 1:3 doesn`t work I may wind up at 1:2.

PS Here`s that other thread: No More Browning After Switching to OPC
    Quote Originally Posted by JVD View Post
    Zep 505 for me.

Works better than OPC and much cheaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    pb apc normally (but you knew that)

But there are some "wheel/tire cleaners" that I`ve been wondering about lately
    Quote Originally Posted by Goin Rogue View Post
    I use Meguiars Non-acid wheel and tire cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like

Been using Mother`s Back to Black Tire Renew (it`s just a cleaner not a dressing) for the last year with excellent results--you don`t even need water--tire dressings last longer.
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Thanks / Like

The tuff shine cleaner is what I was thinking about when I wrote my post but I wanted to see if there were any other success stories.

Thanks for sharing. I`m liking the GTech T1 and the Gyeon tire dressings. Both are billed as lasting several washes. The T1 looks great for 7-10 days and the Geyon has been on for a week and also looks good. Been thru some rain and it stayed on.

When I`m done with my supply I will try the coating to see if it works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Tuff Shine Tire Cleaner, their really inexpensive, awesome brush, you may need to repeat the process, a few times to get all the brown muck out, then follow with their coating which applies white and dries clear, a couple of coats, and they will not only look great, they will really stay that way even through the constant Seattle WA., rain that falls well over 300 days a year.. Then there is the snow that comes when its not raining...

Tuff Shine makes these really nice little rectangular application sponges that are very tight so they absorb very little.. These are perfect for applying the coating, or hey - see what they do with things like Opti-Coat, etc... Yeah, you want some of these also inexpensive little gems...

I have tried many products for my Business and personal use and none of them have been able to beat these products yet...
    Everything else is great but temporary, greasy, attracts dirt, etc...
    Good luck !
    Dan F
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I use Mothers wheel and tire cleaner for off the shelf and it works great. Eagle 1 all wheel and tire is good if you can find it. For medically clean tires, try Omni Clean. Be very cautious when you use it as it contains lye. I was wearing shorts when I applied it the first time and I could smell the hair burning off my legs.

- Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Cleaning tires to remove browning and dirt

This is all IMHO / IME:

1. You don`t need to burn the hair off your legs to clean tires.

2. There is no need to get tires "surgically" clean to apply conventional dressings.

3 Oil based or "silicone" dressings (define them how you will, but we all know one when we see one - or try to clean one off a tire) suck.

4. TS Tire Cleaner will clean any "normal" tire for a "normal" dressing after one or two proper applications with their brush.

5. When your doing like 7 tire cleanings - your either applying a tire coating after or wasting a lot of time.

6. TS Tire Cleaner is far superior to any APC at cleaning tires or plastics.

7. TS Tire Cleaner is equally effective when diluted 1:1.

This is a fact:

1. Any new single tire can contain the equivalent of up to 5 quarts of OIL in the compound . This is normal and you should not be trying to "scrub this out" of the tire. If you don`t believe this, then research tire recycling.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. I think I will pass on anything containing lye. I paid a fortune for my pavers and they are sealed. No need to mess that up.

Quote Originally Posted by pmnewton View Post
    I use Mothers wheel and tire cleaner for off the shelf and it works great. Eagle 1 all wheel and tire is good if you can find it. For medically clean tires, try Omni Clean. Be very cautious when you use it as it contains lye. I was wearing shorts when I applied it the first time and I could smell the hair burning off my legs.

- Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I agree with each point. I was referring to a video showing someone cleaning a ford wheel and tire 7x before he brown was off the surface of the tire.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    This is all IMHO / IME:

1. You don`t need to burn the hair off your legs to clean tires.

2. There is no need to get tires "surgically" clean to apply conventional dressings.

3 Oil based or "silicone" dressings (define them how you will, but we all know one when we see one - or try to clean one off a tire) suck.

4. TS Tire Cleaner will clean any "normal" tire for a "normal" dressing after one or two proper applications with their brush.

5. When you doing like 7 tire cleanings - your either applying a tire coating after or wasting a lot of time.

6. TS Tire Cleaner is far superior to any APC at cleaning tires or plastics.

7. TS Tire Cleaner is equally effective when diluted 1:1.

This is a fact:

1. Any new single tire can contain the equivalent of up to 5 quarts of OIL in the compound . This is normal and you should not be trying to "scrub this out" of the tire. If you don`t believe this, then research tire recycling.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information