Post Thanks / Like

Need Help! Anyone here ever heard of or used PRO Car Beauty products

I have done just a bit of research on this particular brand and discovered very little. I do know they are an affiliate of BAF Industries and that is about it. I have seen their P-36 Cherry Finishing Wax used on cars at a dealership I worked at about 7 years ago with decent results. Beyond this I have no other information or experience with the rest of their products. Is there anyone here who does or can lead me in the right direction?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need Help! Anyone here ever heard of or used PRO Car Beauty products

What is your goal with this product? Are you running a business? That looks like a standard bulk product line, if you are just working on your own cars there are much better products more easily available and in smaller quantities.

Post Thanks / Like

Good question! No I don`t run or own a business so no need for bulk. This is going to be used for my daily driver. It is not a show piece, I am just looking to preserve what I have until a time I resell the vehicle. I am also still considering Megs 105, 205 and 21. This just comes at a much better price. I haven`t been able to gain any info on this product though. Do you have any experiences with it?

Post Thanks / Like

No, I don`t have any experience with it. If you like the price, do it. As we used to say here in the wayback machine, process > product; you can get good results with almost product as long as you have sound technique and understanding of the products/processes. You might also consider the consumer alternates to those Meg`s products, which would be Ultimate Compound, Ultimate Polish, and one of the Ultimate waxes. Should be fairly inexpensive and give you good results.

Post Thanks / Like

I will be using an orbital for this process. How does the Ultimate line do with polishers as I have read they really aren`t intended for that?

Post Thanks / Like

What is an orbital--something like this?

Depending what you`re trying to do, that may be fine, but if you`re looking to correct defects--that won`t do it. Ultimate products are fine with a machine.

Post Thanks / Like

sorry, I guess rotary would have been the proper term a Dewalt DW849

Post Thanks / Like

I used some of their products back in my college days (80`s). My roommate`s Dad owned a car dealership and we would take our cars inside to wash and wax. The W-41 Yellow Wax paste was always a favorite, and I still have some kicking around. It was certainly better than the OTC products like Rain Dance that were popular back then.

These days, I think there are too many better products out there. I tried Blackfire Midnight Sun paste wax for the first time last year and I can`t imagine there`s a wax that`s easier to apply and remove.

Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire looks to be an awesome product. For the price, am I to assume this is better than any of the Megs products? I came across the PRO products when looking around on the internet. I want something that is better than OTC products but won`t hurt my pocket either. Being that it is geared more to dealers and detail shops it seems like it may fit the bill, which is the reason for my inquiry. Did you ever use any of their compounds or polishes?

Post Thanks / Like

I used some Pro products back in the `70s, wouldn`t look into them now myself.

Aren`t BF`s abrasive products made by Menzerna?

These days I`m all about diminishing-abrasive compounds/polishes.

And just FWIW, IMO there are some OTC products (newer-tech stuff) that are at least as good as many (and far better than some) Pro products.

Post Thanks / Like

I have went ahead and ordered a few promotional items; P26 clear cut compound, p21 swirl eliminator and polish, and P36 cherry finishing wax. I figured for $25, I could purchase it and test it. Since no one has used this stuff this decade I can be a lab rat for the test. It would seem these products also use micro abrasives so at least it shows some kind of product R&D. Maybe this could be my contribution to the forums by doing a write up on all three of these products.

Thread Information