Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best sealant for that deep wet look with some pop

I`m really liking Auto Finesse Essance. If you use Auto Finesse Rejuvinate right before the Essence your paint is so slick. The gloss they put off is amazing.

Post Thanks / Like

Prima hydromaxx over HD speed
    Reload over HD speed

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tpr1634 View Post
    I use [845] it just as good as any of those pricy products.
    It`s sure not bad, but mine got retired for the most part in favor of other stuff. I did use it happily for a good long time though.

Post Thanks / Like

On Metallics, I would have to say Autoglym SRP topped with Autoglym EGP. I think that the metallic totally pops and makes a great looking and super durable combo. Here is the link to the thread that I created some 5 years ago when I first tried the Autoglym product. It is still in my supply and absolutely love this combo!

Autoglym Super Resin Polish/Extra Gloss
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner
    Northeast Auto Reflections
    Detail Spa and Mobile Wash, LLC
    www.northeastautoreflections.com

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve seen little or no evidence for the claimed virtues of layering waxes over sealants. If you want a sealant I`d use Prima Hydro Maxx. It is second only to SONAX PNS for dust and pollen not clinging among all the sealants I`ve tried and very quick and easy to apply. To my eye the looks are in the same ballpark as BF WD AFPP or 4*UPP, Hydro Maxx is not one of those plastic-y looking sealants. If you decide to go the wax route which may give you more wetness and depth be aware that dust cling comes as part of the package with any wax, some are worse than others but none are as good as sealants in this regard. For a wax I`d opt for two layers of Victoria Concours Red. If you want to use something under it Prima Amigo is an excellent glaze. Alternately, ClearKote Red Moose Glaze might give you slightly more wetness but it isn`t a paint cleaner the way Amigo is and the combination is at least a little less durable IME. Lusso Oro Revitalizing Creme is another excellent base for waxes that cleans.

Post Thanks / Like

Street5927- I use the AutoGlym SRP under a number of LSPs, it`s an under-rated AIO that you just don`t hear about very much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LostHighway View Post
    I`ve seen little or no evidence for the claimed virtues of layering waxes over sealants. If you want a sealant I`d use Prima Hydro Maxx. It is second only to SONAX PNS for dust and pollen not clinging among all the sealants I`ve tried and very quick and easy to apply. To my eye the looks are in the same ballpark as BF WD AFPP or 4*UPP, Hydro Maxx is not one of those plastic-y looking sealants. If you decide to go the wax route which may give you more wetness and depth be aware that dust cling comes as part of the package with any wax, some are worse than others but none are as good as sealants in this regard. For a wax I`d opt for two layers of Victoria Concours Red. If you want to use something under it Prima Amigo is an excellent glaze. Alternately, ClearKote Red Moose Glaze might give you slightly more wetness but it isn`t a paint cleaner the way Amigo is and the combination is at least a little less durable IME. Lusso Oro Revitalizing Creme is another excellent base for waxes that cleans.
    There is a product line that`s not talked about much. I can still remember mixing Red Moose glaze bad Vanilla Moose (pink moose) and topping. With S100 or Souveran. Old School Baby Best sealant for that deep wet look with some popBest sealant for that deep wet look with some pop
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

My opinion is NaviWax Ultimate is the best overall wax/sealant product for looks + durability + ease of use. You have to order it from EU.

Synergy lasts longer, but doesn`t look quite as glossy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CurtisS View Post
    Ok let`s switch gears to the top coat of wax - which wax is your go to, again looking for the swim in the finish look. And let me know if the wax works well with a specific sealant.
    I know this isn`t what you are asking, but no matter what you use, PREP is the key - polish the heck out of the finish, and you will have a deep wet look even before you put a wax on. I prefer Optimum hyper polish combo or HD adapt/HD polish for a deep wet look.
    Likes tropicsteve liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Prep...Prep....Prep...
    There’s a place in the brain for knowing what cannot be remembered.
    Likes tropicsteve liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    There is a product line that`s not talked about much. I can still remember mixing Red Moose glaze bad Vanilla Moose (pink moose) and topping. With S100 or Souveran. Old School Baby Best sealant for that deep wet look with some popBest sealant for that deep wet look with some pop
    I thought old school was Meguiar`s #7 Show Car Glaze? It feels like Red Moose and the "Pink Moose" mixture were the flavor of the moment just a heartbeat ago.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information