Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Which of these "sealants" would you recommend?

I am going to polish my 2012 Ford Fusion shortly with 3D speed and planning on using the Lake Country flat pads in green on my PC to do the polishing.

I am looking at these 2 "sealants" to use and am looking for a recommendation on which of the 2. I`m preferencing why I`m looking at these 2 for this simple reason....both of these are sold in a small quantity per package. (8oz or less) I don`t have the need for a large bottle yet IMO. I know there are probably / maybe better products out there, but I`m looking st these 2 for the time being. If I could find power lock in a smaller quantity I`d probably try it, but I haven`t found it yet

Looking at:
    SONUS SFX-4

or

DODO JUICE supernatural hybrid paste sealant

I would plan on applying the sealant with either my black or red finishing pad on my PC

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which of these "sealants" would you recommend?

Sorry, I’ve never used either of them. Can’t say I remember any recent reviews of them either.

Post Thanks / Like

Dodo SN hybrid paste is really nice. Gives a bright reflective look. Has great durability.
    Can’t comment on songs product tho.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Dodo SN hybrid paste is really nice. Gives a bright reflective look. Has great durability.
    Can’t comment on songs product tho.
    I was leaning towards the Dodo actually. Looking over descriptions and guidelines there isn’t a recommendation for using a DA for the application. I’ll assume I’d just dab some into the pad by hand? The size I’d get is small so I’d have to apply to the pad by hand anyway. Do you just put dabs of product on the foam pad or do you smear it around like I see your are to do when using a MF pad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thought you could get Powerlock in the 8oz bottle. But when looked at it I was remembered that it`s Jescar Powerlock in the US. Menzerna Powerlock only comes in the 250ml/8oz and 1L/34oz bottles.

Think that RippyD has used both the Dodo Juice Supernatural and the Sonüs SFX-4 in his thread where he tested and testing many different sealants and waxes and some coating like products. He has done a spread sheet on the results that you find in his signature. It`s on the AGO forum. If I remember correctly the Sonüs SFX-4 did very well in his testing. The downside with the SFX-4 would be it stains rubber seals and trim. If you want to try out with polycharger polymers in the protection. I would recommend you to buy the Ultima Paint Guard Plus 4oz. It`s a true WOWA product that makes it fast to apply with their mf applicator sponge which is awesome by the way. You use very little of product with Ultima PGP you get about 20 cars out of 4oz. I applyied it in 2 layers and got easy over 6 months longevity from it. That was the old formula that had oil based carriers in it that was not so good if the paint was not dry. The new formula you can even use as a drying aid if you want to. No worries about getting it on the rubber seals and trim or other parts. 10 minutes to apply it and walk away. Ad a second layer after some hours or the next day if possible. And you can apply it when ever you feel to. Awesome that you don`t need to be wipe it off after the application of it Wipe On Walk Away WOWA. If you don`t need any correction and just want to clean up the paint thoroughly. Ultima Paint Prep Plus is a great choice for doing this on a light polishing pad on the polisher. Both cleans really great and ads a primer for the UPGP. It can be correcting fine swirls and water spots and such even if it`s a non abrasive polish. Use a pad so aggressive so it don`t leaves pad haze and it works really great. I try to avoid LSPs that stains the rubber seals and trim. UPGP you can even apply on these parts. A little more expensive UPGP. But in the future you can use it in the jambs of the vehical you protects as it`s so easy with no wipe off needed.

/ Tony
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Astouffer512 View Post
    I was leaning towards the Dodo actually. Looking over descriptions and guidelines there isn’t a recommendation for using a DA for the application. I’ll assume I’d just dab some into the pad by hand? The size I’d get is small so I’d have to apply to the pad by hand anyway. Do you just put dabs of product on the foam pad or do you smear it around like I see your are to do when using a MF pad?

Apply however you wish. By hand with an applicator, bare hand or machine. If you are machine applying, a sharp whack on the bottom of the container will loosen it, then just put some on a foam application pad.

Reading this, I’m going to use this on today’s detail I’m working on. This stuff is a really good beader!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the insight there. Working on getting an order ready for some stuff I’ll need. I have white polishing pads from CG’s and lake country. Will these work for an AIO like 3D speed? Again the paint is on a 2012 Ford Fusion. Dark grey metallic flake (if color matters). Or would I be better off with the green lake country pads?

The paint from what I am tell isn’t scratched up a lot, might be some swirls, but nothing overly noticeable that I can tell I. Direct sunlight. I do not have one if the swirl lights and really don’t have any plans to get one

One more question for now. Since I am going to prep the paint with 3D speed (and it has what is said to be a sealant in it) do I do a wipe down before applying the Dodo Juice sealant? I use CG’s wipe down spray currently. (I have IPA and distilled water, but I’m using this up first)

Post Thanks / Like

Further delving into my last question above. If after finishing polishing you do wash with something like CG’s clean slate....is there any benefit to a step like this? It is an added step yes, but is it worth it to help prepare for the sealant step?

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn’t say it’s gospel but can you do it? Yes. Me, I just wipe down each panel with my trusty PrepWash which,unfortunately, isn’t made any more.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Well. I ended up getting some jescar power lock. I found some on Ebay and got a 16oz bottle for $20. So I think I I`ll just use my CG`s V36 polish. I have a bottle of the V38 that I never used yet. Is a finishing polish and absolute necessary step?

Should I top the power lock with anything like a wax? I am planning on using beadmaker and then incorporating the beadmaker into my drying routine

Post Thanks / Like

Well. I ended up getting some jescar power lock. I found some on Ebay and got a 16oz bottle for $20. So I think I I`ll just use my CG`s V36 polish. I have a bottle of the V38 that I never used yet. Is a finishing polish and absolute necessary step?

Should I top the power lock with anything like a wax? I am planning on using beadmaker and then incorporating the beadmaker into my drying routine

Just stick with Beadmaker, to keep things simple.

Post Thanks / Like

Since I am going to prep the paint with 3D speed (and it has what is said to be a sealant in it) do I do a wipe down before applying the Dodo Juice sealant?
    Noting that I`ve never used any of the products under discussion, I`ve never stripped an AIO before LSPing. Never.

And FWIW, I don`t top sealants as it generally precludes adding more sealant later as a quick refresher.

Post Thanks / Like

Got my Powerlock found it for $20 brand new on EBay

Post Thanks / Like

Astouffer512- Ah, hope it plays nice with the Speed, which I`d pretty much expect.

Is a finishing polish and absolute necessary step?
    I failed to address that Q earlier..although some people (e.g., Yours Truly) would always do the Finishing Polish (and I`m mighty picky about which I use, no more M205 for me), it`s entirely up to you.

IF you think it looks OK without doing that, then it does. Much as we get all Autopian about such stuff here...it`s just a cosmetic finishing touch with zero functional significance. There are guys who just use M105/etc. and say "good enough", and if they`re happy with their results then that`s all that matters.

Post Thanks / Like

You will LOVE Powerlock. Goes on easy and removal is effortless. I`ll never go back to using another sealant.

I normally top Powerlock w Collinite 845. Great combo for looks and durability in my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtILoTKSXq8

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information