Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

C Quartz finest and Gyeon MOHs

These are a couple pictures to ponder.
    Application felt after 24 hours drying. Both used one time on one panel then set aside to dry.
    The first is finest the second is MOHs. You be the judge.
    Likes The Driver, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: C Quartz finest and Gyeon MOHs

interesting
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm...

I think it`s time for some hardness testing on panels.
    Likes XxBoostinxX, BLOWN03 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

C Quartz finest and Gyeon MOHs

Had a few of our Finest installers texted me the link with the note. "My applicators are always stiff! What`s he talking about?"

Unfortunately your leftovers from half a year ago are an outdated formula. We improved it to the current version months ago which now cures with an extremely high percentage solids on paint - the highest in the industry as I understand it

One of our installers tested it with a HARD CORE compound and needed two cycles to remove completely C Quartz finest and Gyeon MOHs
    Likes Avi@CarPro, UCD, Eurocar Detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    . We improved it to the current version months ago
    Well, at least it`s not "user error"
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes Stokdgs, Detail Impressions, pmnewton liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    Had a few of our Finest installers texted me the link with the note. "My applicators are always stiff! What`s he talking about?"

Unfortunately your leftovers from half a year ago are an outdated formula. We improved it to the current version months ago which now cures with an extremely high percentage solids on paint - the highest in the industry as I understand it

One of our installers tested it with a HARD CORE compound and needed two cycles to remove completely C Quartz finest and Gyeon MOHs

Corey,
    As of late, when anyone has a problem with one of your products you resort to "user error" and in this case you are calling the original poster a liar (in a round about way).

Maybe it`s time to start listening to your customers, instead of berating them or swinging back.

Just like my reload problems, or xxboostinsXX leather/fabric coatings problems. "user error", "but we have a new improved version", "but your problem is user error"

You used to be nice and helpful when you first started, now.............................................. Not so much

What happened?
    Likes Stokdgs, BLOWN03 liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Keeper of the beautiful Jean-Claude's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used every single version of CQuartz Finest over the last 2 years I`ve been installing it and I`ve never, not once, had the applicator cure soft as that picture infers. Either you got a faulty product, the applicator fabric was not fully used to where you`re holding it or there is a bias take going on. Mike, I see your coating of choice, per your website`s advertising, is MOH`s. Are you sure you held the same standard to the product that competes with the product you use?

By the way, how old is the version of CQF that you used? Did you use a version of MOH`s that was of the same vintage? I do not know all things and maybe this is a version that was prior to me using CQF? But even if it was, how would it be accurate/fair to try out a sample that was sitting on a shelf for years and that was an older version against a newer product?

I am genuinely curious about how this CQF would act differently from what I`ve experienced for years. Mind filling in some blanks?
    Detailed Designs Auto Spa
    Professional Car Detailing Atlanta
    Authorized Modesta Installer
    Authorized CQuartz Finest Installer
    Paint Protection Film and Clear Bra Installation

Post Thanks / Like

Funny............. Here and stingray forums, when someone has a problem a ton of "authorized installers" come out swinging and say how wrong the problem is, it has to be a lie or user error.

IMHO - carpro might be more concerned with pleasing customers, than trashing people or calling them liars
    Likes Stokdgs, Richie Carbone, BLOWN03 liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs, Richie Carbone thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Claude View Post
    By the way, how old is the version of CQF that you used? Did you use a version of MOH`s that was of the same vintage? I do not know all things and maybe this is a version that was prior to me using CQF? But even if it was, how would it be accurate/fair to try out a sample that was sitting on a shelf for years and that was an older version against a newer product?
    I`ve got a bottle of uk (sealed) that is 6 months old? Do you suggest I throw it out???????????

I`ve been saving it for when I finally decide to polish out the reload problems
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I never had a problem with you before Mike, but it would be nice if you told the whole story so people could realize why you are bashing on a product that you used to sell. Funny you never had an issue with Finest while you were still installing it, but after you get dropped the bashing begins.

Also, I`ve been using Finest for a long time and in many forms. The current version definitely leaves the applicators stiff, but the version before does not, at least not immediately. The ability of a product to bond to fabric, that was designed to bond to paint doesn`t really matter. That is like spray Car Pro Leather on the paint and bashing it for not preventing swirls. If you`re gonna bash a product at least be honest with everyone and tell them why.
    Likes Avi@CarPro liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flannigan View Post
    I never had a problem with you before Mike, but it would be nice if you told the whole story so people could realize why you are bashing on a product that you used to sell. Funny you never had an issue with Finest while you were still installing it, but after you get dropped the bashing begins.

Also, I`ve been using Finest for a long time and in many forms. The current version definitely leaves the applicators stiff, but the version before does not, at least not immediately. The ability of a product to bond to fabric, that was designed to bond to paint doesn`t really matter. That is like spray Car Pro Leather on the paint and bashing it for not preventing swirls. If you`re gonna bash a product at least be honest with everyone and tell them why.
    So exactly why was he dropped??????

I have my opinion.........

you post your opinion, I`ll post mine
    Likes Stokdgs, BLOWN03 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    So exactly why was he dropped??????

I have my opinion.........

you post your opinion, I`ll post mine
    Undercutting other installers by selling below MAP pricing. And that isn`t a story I`ve heard, I have lost customers to him based on his below MAP pricing. That said, I`ve never seen bad work come out of his shop, but I`ll be damned if I`m going to play by the rules when a guy near by is getting jobs because he will work for nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

One man`s nothing is another man`s everything. Long live the free market system.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flannigan View Post
    Undercutting other installers by selling below MAP pricing. And that isn`t a story I`ve heard, I have lost customers to him based on his below MAP pricing. That said, I`ve never seen bad work come out of his shop, but I`ll be damned if I`m going to play by the rules when a guy near by is getting jobs because he will work for nothing.
    So the truth FINALLY comes out.

I may be wrong, but I believe price fixing is illegal.
    Likes Stokdgs, XxBoostinxX, JaredPointer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I did not see "Flannigan`s post until I read Ron`s above. All I would say to Flannigan is, Mike Lambert has some serious street cred on this board. He had not bashed Cquarts, only posted a comparison so that we could make our own judgment. If you care to refute it, that`s fine, but if you want to come off a believable on this forum, you need to put your time in building credibility. If you post now, I`m thinking Elmer`s glue in your cloth.

IMHO, you blew your opportunity to MAKE YOUR POINT. I really post this so that you and others can learn something from an old guy whose been making a living selling his whole life. A complaint is an opportunity to gain a loyal customer if you can demonstrate how your product works. If not, you can bash the person delivering the message. How`s that been working for ya?

You can keep doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results but that is the definition of insanity.

I`m with Mike Lambert. He been helpful and I have spoken to him live. He has been honest in his advice to me (a guy taking care of his own cars) on the phone. He never once bashed Cquartz, the product or the people and he could have as it was off line informal conversation. He took the high road in my opinion, and I find him to be a authority on detailing based on the work he has posted and the fact that a guy with a P1 would do some in depth research selecting the best guy he could find to do his car, since money is obviously there for a top notch detail.
    Likes Ronkh, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh, Stokdgs thanked for this post

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information