Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Calling on the Prima experts

Banana Gloss IMO is a slightly mixed bag. It is extremely quick and easy to use and a fresh coat looks great. It fills as much as some glazes and will do quite a bit for an imperfect surface. The downsides are that it isn`t very durable and it is a bit of a dust magnet. It also mutes flake slightly.

Slick is great, one of the very best quick detailers. Slick, like many of the Prima products just doesn`t streak even if you`re sloppy and over apply. It doesn`t have the amazing water behavior of SONAX BSD but it is less fussy to apply and feels much slicker as the name implies.

Hydro Wax As You Dry seems to darken slightly and it also fills a little (not as much as Banana Gloss). It is one of those products that looks better, i.e really good, twelve hours or so after you apply it. Again, pretty much streak proof.

I haven`t used Epic, Infinity or Nero.

Hydro Seal and Hydro Maxx have been pretty well covered. IMO they look great, not that glassy sealant look, and they are well above average for not holding dust and pollen.

I actually really like Hydro Wash (Mystique not so much). It isn`t a super powerful cleaner but it has very good lubrication and when I encounter a really dirty vehicle I tend to pre-treat with an OPC anyway regardless of which shampoos I`m using. For normal dirt Hydro Wash by itself is more than adequate and it doesn`t seem to leave much behind, a quality I vastly prefer to shampoos larded up with gloss enhancers and third rate waxes and protectants.

Amigo you`ve used. It doesn`t fill as much as some glazes but it is a very good paint cleaner, is easy to use and doesn`t seem to savagely decrease the longevity of most LSPs (obviously you wouldn`t use it under a coating or SONAX PNS). My favorite glaze.

IMO most Prima products are vastly under appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

For Epic users, how is it in regards to trim? Staining? Or does it wipe clean? Been hesitant to use as I have alot of trim on my car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Migue View Post
    Another *thread bump to avoid thread of the same topic saturation*

Prima Wax as you dry users : Can I spray Prima on wet surface after rinse/wash and air dry with good results ? Instead of using a towel and rubbing/touching surface of clear coat. I know the instructions state to gently rub as you wipe/dry, but I`m sure some of the product goes on the towel, which makes me think that if I use air, it`s not being absorbed by a drying towel and potentially leaving more protection on surface(?). My main objective is to be able to wash,spray prima all over exterior ,maybe wait a bit then air dry with DP Blower.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
    No. You have to wipe it with a towel. Just use it as the directions state and don`t try to reinvent them for "more protection".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information