Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Optimum DA

Post Thanks / Like

New Optimum DA

Apparently this is the new Optimum DA with 21mm orbit and 900W motor, but can`t find any info on their website---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J1lDppnLI0

"If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Optimum DA

I want to see the overall price and reviews before I make a judgement. I know some are already ripping it due to it being a Rupes "knock off". But that doesn`t bother me so much.

Post Thanks / Like

only see it in Australia
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

According to Ron Harris on the Optimum Forum -- Optimum will be the sole distrubutor in the US and should be at the Optimum plant this month.

Looks like about $250 (AUD converted to USD) for the unit and $14 (USD) for the 5" backing plate.
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

so i take it whatever plant that makes the Rupes will make one for whoever wants to slap their name on the side? lol.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    so i take it whatever plant that makes the Rupes will make one for whoever wants to slap their name on the side? lol.
    Money talks...

I like that the guy in the YouTube video used Optimum Hyper-Polish, this is a really great product..

I will still stick with my Rotary, thank you..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

New Optimum DA

No.

These are made by the Chinese.

Rupes is made by Rupes in Italy.

These are knock-offs. Or, as we used to call tires in the old days made by companies you never heard of: "may pops".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote from Ron@Optimum "should be available at both opt-coat.net online store and optimumcarcare.com or directly from Optimum"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    No.

These are made by the Chinese.

Rupes is made by Rupes in Italy.

These are knock-offs. Or, as we used to call tires in the old days made by companies you never heard of: "may pops".
    I`d be pissed if I was Rupes....for cryin out loud that thing could not look any more exact

Allergic to One Product ZL1Mark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks good!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I`d be pissed if I was Rupes....for cryin out loud that thing could not look any more exact

While I do agree; just look at the Megs v1, Griots polishers. They were copies of the PC. They do the same with TVs. One company creates and developed the tech and others simply follow along and copy it @ a cheaper price point. Sadly this happens everywhere and most people don`t mind because they have a cheeper alternative and sometime the copies become better than the original. The current Griots polisher is the perfect example compared to the PC.

Post Thanks / Like

One big factor is you are selling something for $369 you have to expect copycats that will come out with products that will undercut you if a similar product can be produced for significantly less than the selling price. Chinese companies usually take the long view (sell it for less markup) plus having the advantage of lower overhead.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I was told these machines will retail for $300.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. I agree. There are a lot of these Rupes looking copy cat DAs out there. This one is copied right down to the length of the stroke (21 mm).

But my gut tells me making a DA with such a large stroke that will reliably hold up and be smooth is not easy. I`m sure the large stroke puts more strain on the spindle mechanism and the BP. Rupes even sells their own pads that stick like glue - and it`s generally agreed that their pads work best with the machine.

I can`t see these Chinese manufactured machines being as smooth or as reliable as the Rupes designed polishers - which were designed from the ground up from Rupes. It saddens me a bit to see Optimum slapping their name on these machines, knowing the history here.

Anyone who has ever used a Rupes knows that initial big smile you got on your face the first time you used their DA. Most people are like "I can`t believe how smooth this thing is"... Although I`m sure these machine will correct paint - I doubt they will have that same user experience.

Post Thanks / Like

It`ll definitely be interesting to see some first hand reviews and see how they hold up. I`m guessing it`ll be an attractive option for the guy who only does his own vehicle a couple times a year and doesn`t want to pony up for the Rupes

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information