Page 1 of 21 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Keeper of the beautiful Jean-Claude's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    After a long day at work I get word that Optimum has discontinued offering Opti-Coat 2.0(the over the counter version of Opti-Coat).
    Optimum has made the choice to replace OC2.0 with a 2-year product called Gloss-Coat.`
    `
    Opti-Coat Pro, which is now the only Opti-Coat, will only be offered with a 5-year warranty. Yes. 5 years, not a lifetime warranty. I`ve been saying for some time now that Opti-Coat Pro is not a true lifetime product and even Optimum is acknowledging that now. Is it a fine product? Yes. True lifetime product? No.
    `
    I am not going to disclose how much, but OCP saw a gigantic price increase as well. Expect this to trickle to private owners.
    `
    Welcome to the future of OCP.
    `
    For now we will still be offering Opti-Coat Pro in Atlanta. How about you guys? What`s the verdict on this change?
    Detailed Designs Auto Spa
    Professional Car Detailing Atlanta
    Authorized Modesta Installer
    Authorized CQuartz Finest Installer
    Paint Protection Film and Clear Bra Installation

Post Thanks / Like

Based on the minimum yearly comittmitment to spend on OC, I won`t be able to continue being an authorized installer.

I`m definitely disappointed with the news. Can`t wait to hear what others think about this.
    Mike
    Driven Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like

Wow....those are some big changes. `Wonder what spurred all that

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by House Of Wax

The same thing that motivates all business decisions.`

-$$$

Post Thanks / Like
    There was no explanation as to WHY the sudden change. Just a "Effective with this communication...".

Hopefully Chris Thomas will chime in at some point here.
    Mike
    Driven Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like CarPro will be getting more business.

Post Thanks / Like

My solution will be to offer Gloss-Coat at current OC Pro prices and raise OC Pro prices by at least $100. I have used Gloss-Coat (including on my own car, just couldn`t mention I specifically used GC until it was made available) and it looks better, is slicker right off the bat (and 3 weeks later, still like I just applied it) and nearly as easy to apply as Opti-Seal. Since its on my own car, I should be able to monitor the durability.`

`

I believe that OC Pro will last beyond 5 years, have a customer`s car and one of my parent`s cars that will be at the 5 year mark in the next couple of weeks and both seem to be holding up well. I think you have to put a limit on a warranty, don`t want someone in 2025 making a claim on something applied a couple years ago on a car that had seen nothing but tunnel washes since OC Pro was applied. Most cars last 100k miles without any major repairs but car manufacturers only warranty them typically 3 years and 36k miles, right?`

`

Not sure the rational for eliminating the non-warranty version of OC Pro, its the same exact product just without the warranty. And I`ve been warrantying it myself anyway. If a customer has issues with it, much easier for them to get with me and have it handled right away than to have to go through a 3rd party first. Besides, only issue I`ve ever had was occasional high spots. I do feel the 10 cc syringe limit isn`t big enough, no way is it enough for a Suburban or Escalade and now you`re $300 into materials right off the bat. The Dallas-Fort Worth area is $30k millionaire central. Paying $450 (small cars like a Miata) to $750 for a large SUV for a basic application (no paint correction or decontamination) is one thing around here but I start pushing a basic application to $1000, not sure that will fly. Just have to see how it plays out I guess.`
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by House Of Wax

`

I think at least in part because of people charging OC Pro prices and using 2.0 and others undercutting OC Pro prices and doing shoddy prep work. This should eliminate both concerns. If you have to pay XXX for the coating, you can`t be doing OC Pro applications for $250 and make money.`
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax

I believe that OC Pro will last beyond 5 years, have a customer`s car and one of my parent`s cars that will be at the 5 year mark in the next couple of weeks and both seem to be holding up well. I think you have to put a limit on a warranty, don`t want someone in 2025 making a claim on something applied a couple years ago on a car that had seen nothing but tunnel washes since OC Pro was applied. Most cars last 100k miles without any major repairs but car manufacturers only warranty them typically 3 years and 36k miles, right?`

Then do not claim a product is a lifetime product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Detailed Designs Auto Spa

Then do not claim a product is a lifetime product.

`

They no longer are. Probably realized what kind of problems that might cause if someone keeps their car 15-20 years and abuses it.`
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like

They aren`t concerned with 15+ years right now. They are concerned with 6+ years. There`s a hole in the argument that they are worried about the 1% of people who keep their cars 15+ years....and it`s a 10 year gap.

Post Thanks / Like

I predicted all of this from OPT a year ago in private Facebook groups............................................ .. those who read what I said can thank me now......or not, why is everyone so shocked? when I saw a certain Canadian fellow in their booth I turned to the person I was with @ SEMA at the time and said "Watch what happens now".

`

Guys clamor to the "Me 2" stuff everytime, I just sit back and marvel that those who do not pay attention to how things unfold the same way time after time after time after time.

`

The oke doke was just pulled again twice in less than a year, hate to be right but those who poo paughed me..................what do you have to say now?.

Post Thanks / Like

New from OPT: Starting 2015 we will not have anymore Canadian fellows in our booth at SEMA.

HOOKED ON THE DETAILS
    Post Thanks / Like

AC, guess I`m a little dense, explain please. Is it time to invade Canada?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz

Sounds like CarPro will be getting more business.

`

`

This was one of my first thoughts as well

Page 1 of 21 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information