Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Thomas

There was no price increase. The unwarrantied product was discontinued and the warranty kit costs what it did before Monday`s announcement. The addl warranty cost should be directly passed to the client and presented as value. All new packaging and support material, shirts, banners, etc will be along soon. We`re working something out to address the two largest concerns, but it will not be before Tuesday.

I don`t care about a worthless warranty and I`ve never wanted to offer it. I and many others were very clear about that when they came out. 40cc was $195 before and now it`s $600! That IS a price increase.

Detail Impressions Detail Impressions's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Optimum has three distributors in the USA and Canada.

So follow the money trail and you see your answers.`

Same cost to produce increase pricing.

It`s not about the Installer or the end user the customer.

Every time it about company profit.

`

Chris, I am sure you like to keep this on the private group. Among your installers, Pro Installers that (drinks the cool aid) jump the hoops you provide for them and there willingness to comply. With your improved policies that improve the market share for Optimum products.

`

While yourself and a few others are making a max. over killing profit with the constant wholesale price increases of the Optimum product line.`

`

To be honest with you, I helped in the beginning years and Optimum grew bigger and bigger. Finally Optimum gave me the option of withdrawing from your Pro program. The reason trying to tell me what and how I needed run my business. Again`I see your offering that option to other Installers now. More requirements again, coupled with price increases again & again & again. You get the point. More profit for Optimum pipeline.

`

On the flip side other new products are being released daily with many coating delivering improve qualities. Optimum now has many other coating to compete with in the current market place. Again the smaller guys will bring new products to the lime light, for companies to find success and hopefully they may remember who made them the successful and they will remain true to their installers who helped build them, unlike what Optimum has done to the guys that built your vault of profits.

Oh how quickly we can forget where we came from! Car owners are smarter and have options on today`s market. I already see your Pro Installers raising pricing as the Optimum`s mothership has increased pricing again. But again that equals more profit for the big three.

`

Best of luck as you move to a new phrase of business plan and record profits.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan

Sounds like my neighbors. They have the all you can use car wash package. Paint looks great other than swirls after five years. Are you saying OC is tougher than a good clearcoat?

`

My experience has been that yes, OC is more protective than OEM clears. I even had a customer tell me (who has a jet black BMW) that he can now wash his car without marring it up after the coating was applied.`
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like

There it is ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ and to think Heck was not in DIR Facebook group to read what I said but it is eerily similar`in a general sense...........................imagine that. Some do not have Rose colored glasses but see clearly. There are a few guys in DIR who were mad the last time but now have flip flopped, what a disappointment.............. Chad showed he does not have low T and sided with conviction over expediency.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge

There it is ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ and to think Heck was not in DIR Facebook group to read what I said but it is eerily similar`in a general sense...........................imagine that. Some do not have Rose colored glasses but see clearly. There are a few guys in DIR who were mad the last time but now have flip flopped, what a disappointment.............. Chad showed he does not have low T and sided with conviction over expediency.

`

What are you saying? Who/what is "HECK" and what is DIR Facebook group?` ` ` ` ` `

Post Thanks / Like

Thomas..............open you`re eyes.......Heck is the username three posts up. DIR is a closed FB group. Glad to help you out once again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge

Thomas..............open you`re eyes.......Heck is the username three posts up. DIR is a closed FB group. Glad to help you out once again.

I thought you were ^^^ to Scott`s post. You actually helped for once!!!!! Gracias! That means thank you in Spanish.`

`

BTW, it is "your" not you`re.`

`

PS: So are you going to clear up whether you claim that I run a shady operation or what?

Post Thanks / Like

You are right....................... sorry Thomas.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the market will decide. It`s the instant information age and even kids have smart phones and can goggle up answers and research things faster than they can find their shoes in the morning. I`have never tried a coating - any of them, if I HAD to pick one right this very minute - I would get the CarPro kit where you get a sample of everything you need and looks like it would be enough for couple cars, I don`t know, like I said, I`ve never used any. So, how did I come up with that? Easy - reading forums like this one, seeing prices that are not way out there and not hearing any negatives.
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like

Don`t worry kids after Tuesday they will have " All new packaging and support material, shirts, banners, etc will be along soon"`` Oh my !

Post Thanks / Like
    Doing it BIG!

Post Thanks / Like

I can`t take credit for the creativity, but I`ll gladly share it.

`

Post Thanks / Like
    Dammit, I`m at my limit of "likes" for the day. Glad to see there are others outside of the OPT FB group who feel like I do, that after years of standing behind OPT and OCP, they`ve shown us they care less about their "family" of installers and more about their bottom line.

Post Thanks / Like

Ummmmm........no.

No way in hell is 10cc enough to do 2 cars. If you think using 10cc for one car is over applying, you clearly aren`t using enough or getting the proper coverage. Sorry.

Post Thanks / Like

Chris,

`

Reading your post you stated there was no price increase rather a discontinued kit and the only kit is a warrantied version.` Then you stated that the "addl warranty cost should be directly passed to the client and presented as a value."

`

So by removing the less expensive version, or an option`for`the client to choose,`how would you view that?` Technically that may NOT be a price increase but that is a loss to me as a consumer/perspective client.` I view that as a price increase because I lost a less expensive option.` I asked two friends of mine, who happen to be perspective clients of a coating application, and they viewed it the same way after reading the posts.` I`m not a business person nor am I a professional detailer so maybe I don`t understand it from those aspects.` Bottom line is that last week if I had inquired about an Opti Pro application, I had choices and a level on how`much weight`my wallet would loose.` Now, there is only 1 way`and a specific amount of weight my wallet looses.

`

As far as warranties, I believe that they should be "Optional."` What if I go to Best Buy, Cabela`s, or buy a new vehicle and I am forced to pay for a warranty that`I do not want?` So, I guess, it is justified to talk the client into how great it is but you are getting it whether you like it or not?` I dare not say forced because, in the case of Opti Coat, I can walk away and say Nah, I`ll go with ____________, because I have the choice and financial say of not taking something that I do not want.

`

As I have gotten older, I try and stay out of offering my opinion on something I know little about.` After a few days of reading and your post I just felt stirred to throw in my two cents..as a client, consumer, or what ever I am labeled.`

`

FYI...If folks go thru my post`s they will see I am indeed an Optimum fan.` I certainly don`t begrudge a business making a profit and for change but maybe a lesson can be learned from this.

`

I agree with June Bug I do believe the market will dictate as to whether or not the change is successful.` I can tell you my two friend`s, ie the perspective coating clients I mentioned earlier, are 85% leaning towards another coating because of price and what they have been reading.` When they asked my opinion I told them, "it`s your investment, do what you feel is best for you."`

`

I hope each and everyone of you have a Great Weekend!` Maybe it`s time we walk away from this topic for a few days and take a breather.` Besides College Football has begun...geesh another topic that can get folks fired up!

`

WAR EAGLE!

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread Information