Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thomas going to the "You are a hypocrite" card will not fly today. I am on the side of truth and doing what is right and those who are offended and come at me with a statement just like the one you just did know they are being shady endstop.

`

I am not full of anger for no reason remember this, it is a reaction to a breakdown of ethics and I am not perfect and have never claimed to be but I hold myself to high standards.

`

As for how Jesus views me, yes getting into skirmish`s is not the best idea at all and proverbs explains this in detail so I am wrong on this point for sure and will not justify that I do or say something that is not biblical.

`

But I have spoke up for those who are sick of this direction from the industry, the PM`s I have received confirm some do not cross the line in how they conduct themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Thomas ALL people are not good guys before God, so do you have examples where I would pull shady stuff on clients?, did not and would not happen…………..however I was full of sin and still stumble. Judgement from holier than thou examples were what was talked about, if you are fine doing what I have pointed out then press on.

`

As for me I will not partake.

Optimum Product Support Chris@Optimum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

<span style="font-family:`times new roman`, serif;"><span style="font-size:12pt;">OPTI-COAT 2.0

<span style="font-family:`times new roman`, serif;"><span style="font-size:12pt;">There has been too much confusion in the public due to the similarity of the names between OPTI-COAT PRO and 2.0. Some have also taken advantage of this to misrepresent OPTI-COAT 2.0 for PRO. GLOSS-COAT should remove all these issues and provide a high-gloss, durable, easy to apply coating that surpasses most premium offerings.

`

<span style="font-family:`times new roman`, serif;"><span style="font-size:12pt;">OPTI-COAT PRO CHANGES

<span style="font-family:`times new roman`, serif;"><span style="font-size:12pt;">This is again to avoid confusion or misrepresentation of what product consumers are buying. If they are getting OPTI-COAT PRO, then they should receive 10 cc of coating on their car and a warranty card period. Five year warranty is easily grasped and still leads the market.` All OPTI-COAT sales will be 5 year warranty for qualifying vehicles, again reducing confusion and providing a tangible benefit for car owners.

`

<span style="font-family:`times new roman`, serif;"><span style="font-size:12pt;">MINIMUM PURCHASE

<span style="font-family:`times new roman`, serif;"><span style="font-size:12pt;">Very reasonable amount which can be fulfilled by selling two warranties a month and can be combined with other Optimum purchases. Optimum wants installers who are actively selling all coatings.`

`

<span style="font-family:`times new roman`, serif;"><span style="font-size:12pt;">EXPANSION

<span style="font-family:`times new roman`, serif;"><span style="font-size:12pt;">Optimum has added staff to fill key positions and is improving all marketing materials to help installers succeed. This is logical growth for optimum and providing more access to professional advice & sales support.`

`

<span style="font-family:`times new roman`, serif;"><span style="font-size:12pt;">FURTHERMORE

<span style="font-family:`times new roman`, serif;"><span style="font-size:12pt;">All this public discussion does is give those who are disgruntled a public voice...or an outlet for their frustrations. I would have preferred that things like cost of goods and grievances be kept in private installers group where it has weight. Unfortunately, some have taken this personally without even asking what the strategy is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge

Thomas going to the "You are a hypocrite" card will not fly today. I am on the side of truth and doing what is right and those who are offended and come at me with a statement just like the one you just did know they are being shady endstop.

`

I am not full of anger for no reason remember this, it is a reaction to a breakdown of ethics and I am not perfect and have never claimed to be but I hold myself to high standards.

`

As for how Jesus views me, yes getting into skirmish`s is not the best idea at all and proverbs explains this in detail so I am wrong on this point for sure and will not justify that I do or say something that is not biblical.

`

But I have spoke up for those who are sick of this direction from the industry, the PM`s I have received confirm some do not cross the line in how they conduct themselves.

`

`

When I met you in person, I had no issues understanding you. On line, however, like your reply to me? I have no idea what you are saying. Are you saying that I am a shady operation?

`

I am not calling you a hypocrite, you are one - you are judging people you don`t name, while using the the Jesus excuse. Wake up Bob!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge

Thomas ALL people are not good guys before God, so do you have examples where I would pull shady stuff on clients?, did not and would not happen…………..however I was full of sin and still stumble. Judgement from holier than thou examples were what was talked about, if you are fine doing what I have pointed out then press on.

`

As for me I will not partake.

`

Do you have examples I pulled shady stuff?

Post Thanks / Like

Thomas you should know I am not afraid to name name names, however it really is not needed as those parties know the deal. Lastly for you……….if you are offended if you have done nothing I pointed out why the replies to the contrary?.

`

Let it go, we know the history concerning you as we have bumped heads before and I pointed out things that you had no answer for. Stay on point here no drifting off topic ………. I stated a opinion and yes it`s a strong one so refute the points I made instead basically saying I am a hypocrite for pointing out clear misdeeds which cannot be refuted or why would there be a thread with this much dialog?

Post Thanks / Like

Knowing the history concerning me? You sure are full of it. Answer me this all mighty - are you saying that I run a shady operation? Also, why are you posting for the ones who know the "inside story" on a public forum? You could have PMed all of them. Or are you just looking for more attention? The only history I know of, is that you but heads with a ton of people, including Optimum (that is according to you)

`

I am not offended, but surprised, since you live in San Francisco and I am in Portland, (how would you know what type of business I run) but than again, I can`t for the life of me understand most of what you are saying.

Post Thanks / Like

Is that an exploding happy potato?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Dekany

Dan - I used 2.0 on a neighbor`s red pickup truck 2 years ago - according to her, she takes it to a car wash every 2 weeks. (with brushes) Car sits outside 24/7 "where I live in the woods" - you should see finish now. as red as the day I did it, So your statement is not correct. Oh and btw, leave bird poop on the finish for a month with OC on it - what other coating will do better than that? I am all ears.

Sounds like my neighbors. They have the all you can use car wash package. Paint looks great other than swirls after five years. Are you saying OC is tougher than a good clearcoat?

Post Thanks / Like

I am only claiming what I hear from Dr G.`

`

My neighbor is 80 and a widow - She doesn`t care about swirls

Post Thanks / Like
    Did either of you order your syringes after the changes were implemented?

Post Thanks / Like

I still have 40cc syringes

Keeper of the beautiful Jean-Claude's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Thomas

<span style="font-size:12pt;font-family:`times new roman`, serif;">FURTHERMORE

<span style="font-family:`times new roman`, serif;"><span style="font-size:12pt;">All this public discussion does is give those who are disgruntled a public voice...or an outlet for their frustrations. I would have preferred that things like cost of goods and grievances be kept in private installers group where it has weight. Unfortunately, some have taken this personally without even asking what the strategy is.

`

Chris, with all due respect, I have seen a ton of questions and very few answers on the private group. I`ve voiced that publicly speaking about the dollars and cents is not in anyone`s best interest and only harms. But the topic of the changes is up for debate. A lot of people have been slighted and they will discuss it. If they feel like they get no traction on the private group, they will go somewhere to express frustration.`

Speaking frankly, OPT did not roll this out right. Missteps were taken and now a lot of loyal OCP installers are distraught and it appears as though at least a few are stepping away from OCP.`

Thinking this will stay private and no one will voice their distain is unrealistic.`

Personally, I am sitting back and observing right now. But being a skeptical person and seeing how things have gone has the wheels turning real hard.
    Detailed Designs Auto Spa
    Professional Car Detailing Atlanta
    Authorized Modesta Installer
    Authorized CQuartz Finest Installer
    Paint Protection Film and Clear Bra Installation

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Thomas

<span style="font-family:`times new roman`, serif;"><span style="font-size:12pt;">OPTI-COAT 2.0

<span style="font-family:`times new roman`, serif;"><span style="font-size:12pt;">There has been too much confusion in the public due to the similarity of the names between OPTI-COAT PRO and 2.0. Some have also taken advantage of this to misrepresent OPTI-COAT 2.0 for PRO. GLOSS-COAT should remove all these issues and provide a high-gloss, durable, easy to apply coating that surpasses most premium offerings.

`

<span style="font-family:`times new roman`, serif;"><span style="font-size:12pt;">OPTI-COAT PRO CHANGES

<span style="font-family:`times new roman`, serif;"><span style="font-size:12pt;">This is again to avoid confusion or misrepresentation of what product consumers are buying. If they are getting OPTI-COAT PRO, then they should receive 10 cc of coating on their car and a warranty card period. Five year warranty is easily grasped and still leads the market.` All OPTI-COAT sales will be 5 year warranty for qualifying vehicles, again reducing confusion and providing a tangible benefit for car owners.

`

<span style="font-family:`times new roman`, serif;"><span style="font-size:12pt;">MINIMUM PURCHASE

<span style="font-family:`times new roman`, serif;"><span style="font-size:12pt;">Very reasonable amount which can be fulfilled by selling two warranties a month and can be combined with other Optimum purchases. Optimum wants installers who are actively selling all coatings.`

`

<span style="font-family:`times new roman`, serif;"><span style="font-size:12pt;">EXPANSION

<span style="font-family:`times new roman`, serif;"><span style="font-size:12pt;">Optimum has added staff to fill key positions and is improving all marketing materials to help installers succeed. This is logical growth for optimum and providing more access to professional advice & sales support.`

`

<span style="font-family:`times new roman`, serif;"><span style="font-size:12pt;">FURTHERMORE

And Optimum has yet again dropped a bomb on its installers without warning, or time to adjust for changes, and yet another massive price increase. Public discussion is the only place our voice will be heard.

`

`

`

And as far as not posting numbers publicly, I`m pretty sure I have screen shots at work of you posting numbers (I`ll check tomorrow), either way it`s never been a secret what OCP costs. Funny how times change, I know I have screen shot of you saying "you couldn`t sleep at night if you charged more than $200-300 for an application". I`m sure I`ve said that too back in 2010, but when the price goes up 600%, well, what can you do....

Optimum Product Support Chris@Optimum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    There was no price increase. The unwarrantied product was discontinued and the warranty kit costs what it did before Monday`s announcement. The addl warranty cost should be directly passed to the client and presented as value. All new packaging and support material, shirts, banners, etc will be along soon. We`re working something out to address the two largest concerns, but it will not be before Tuesday.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread Information