Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rexrock

Because we don`t get emails from Corey telling us its going up....again and again.

It is $600 how high can you set it? What is the new MAP for OC?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Dekany

It is $600 how high can you set it? What is the new MAP for OC?

Where on earth did you get that number???

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1

Where on earth did you get that number???

From Corey - I can find it in my e mails if you`d like

Post Thanks / Like

Dan - I used 2.0 on a neighbor`s red pickup truck 2 years ago - according to her, she takes it to a car wash every 2 weeks. (with brushes) Car sits outside 24/7 "where I live in the woods" - you should see finish now. as red as the day I did it, So your statement is not correct. Oh and btw, leave bird poop on the finish for a month with OC on it - what other coating will do better than that? I am all `ears.

`

Durability/performance of any coating comes down to regular care, which I`m sure you are well aware of. OCP was still like new when I recently polished it off my car after 2 years. However, a very good client of mine comes in every 6 months with his S4 and it maybe sees a touch-less wash once or twice during that time. At the 6 month mark there was zero beading, even after a chemical decon (though I know it was still there). I polished with Primer and recoated. Another 6 months goes by and again, zero beading, even after another chemical decon. This time around I polished of OCP and recoated with CQuarts Finest, so we`ll see if holds up any better when he comes back in.

`

Point being, regardless of whether a coating manufacture says its permanent, or its only said to only last for 2+ years, they all fall flat on their face if not cared for regularly and properly. On top of that, I have yet to see a client go more than 2 years without needing to have the car polished again because of the wash induced and/ or other marring. You can give them all the care advice and products you want, but rarely do the stick with it like we do on our own cars.

Post Thanks / Like

From Corey - I can find it in my e mails if you`d like

You may want to do that and read it again, because it`s $425 for the actual application. However, unlike OCP, Finest installers are required to perfect the paint prior to applying it, so the actual price would be higher with correction included, and I believe it was said it should be between $600-$650 min with correction. I marketed OCP the same way and made correction a requirement, because I don`t believe in coating over swirls.

Post Thanks / Like

Durability/performance of any coating comes down to regular care, which I`m sure you are well aware of. OCP was still like new when I recently polished it off my car after 2 years. However, a very good client of mine comes in every 6 months with his S4 and it maybe sees a touch-less wash once or twice during that time. At the 6 month mark there was zero beading, even after a chemical decon (though I know it was still there). I polished with Primer and recoated. Another 6 months goes by and again, zero beading, even after another chemical decon. This time around I polished of OCP and recoated with CQuarts Finest, so we`ll see if holds up any better when he comes back in.

`

Point being, regardless of whether a coating manufacture says its permanent, or its only said to only last for 2+ years, they all fall flat on their face if not cared for regularly and properly. On top of that, I have yet to see a client go more than 2 years without needing to have the car polished again because of the wash induced and/ or other marring. You can give them all the care advice and products you want, but rarely do the stick with it like we do on our own cars.

`I can see that you are pissed. Sorry to see you go down that road.`

`

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...crease-23.html - post 223

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bowles1231

I spoke with Ron at optimum about this. He stated that they were actually putting 12-13cc`s per tube. While this could potentially cover an escalade, there`s not much left for error.

I understand that Optimum is potentially trying to weed out the hacks. But this is ensuring that almost no up and coming detailers will be able to offer their coating due to their minimum purchase requirements.

Looks like I will be rewriting sales pitches.

`

Yeah, I`ve never noticed extra product in any of my tubes...less if anything.

Post Thanks / Like

You may want to do that and read it again, because it`s $425 for the actual application. However, unlike OCP, Finest installers are required to perfect the paint prior to applying it, so the actual price would be higher with correction included, and I believe it was said it should be between $600-$650 min with correction. I marketed OCP the same way and made correction a requirement, because I don`t believe in coating over swirls.
    <div style="font-size:13px;font-family:arial, sans-serif;">

<span style="font-weight:bold;">Corey`<span style="color:rgb(85,85,85);"><span><corey@carpro-us.com<span>>

<span>10/29/13
    <span style="text-align:center;margin:-4px 0px;">

`

<div style="font-size:11px;font-weight:bold;text-align:center;color:rgb(68,68,68);background-color:rgb(245,245,245);">
    <div style="font-size:11px;font-weight:bold;text-align:center;;color:rgb(68,68,68);background-color:rgb(245,245,245);">

<span style="color:rgb(119,119,119);">to`<span>me
    <div style="margin-left:5px;">

<div style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:medium;">`
    <div style=";font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:medium;">`
    <div style="font-size:13px;margin:5px 15px 0px 0px;font-family:arial, sans-serif;">

Oops, can`t recall if I answered this bud! `Bare minimum should be 600$ if in great shape and it only gets a finishing polish. `Beyond that its up to you

Post Thanks / Like

`I can see that you are pissed. Sorry to see you go down that road.`

`

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...crease-23.html - post 223

`

How could you tell?

`

I have no doubts OCP, or many of the other coatings are capable of lasting a very long time when properly cared for, which was my point, but very few actually do so.

Post Thanks / Like

`
    <div style="font-size:13px;font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-weight:bold;">Corey`<span style="color:rgb(85,85,85);"><span><corey@carpro-us.com<span>>
    <span>10/29/13
    <span style="text-align:center;margin:-4px 0px;">

`
    <div style="font-size:11px;font-weight:bold;text-align:center;color:rgb(68,68,68);background-color:rgb(245,245,245);">
    <span style="color:rgb(119,119,119);">to`<span>me
    <div style="margin-left:5px;">

<div style="font-size:13px;margin:5px 15px 0px 0px;font-family:arial, sans-serif;">

Oops, can`t recall if I answered this bud! `Bare minimum should be 600$ if in great shape and it only gets a finishing polish. `Beyond that its up to you

`

I actually texted him to make sure I didn`t miss a notice or email that went out. My above post was correct, $425 has always been MAP for the application, but since polishing is required they added that with correction it should be a min of $600.

`

My base correction is $450 so my coating pricing started at $850 for OCP and $900 for CQF.

Post Thanks / Like

How is it that nobody has an issue with Cquartz`s MAP?

I do have an issue with that MAP as well. But that isn`t the problem.

`

The problem is not so much where it`s set, but the fact that it`s been getting raised over and over again over the last few years. I`ve been doing OCP for 2 years (which isn`t long, I know), but when I started, it was $150 CAD for 40cc, then it went up to $200 CAD, and more recently, $225 CAD. Now it`s gone up to $600 USD, which translates to $665 CAD approx for 40cc. Albeit, they added 4 warranties for that price, but seriously, the warranty isn`t worth crap if you look at what it covers and what is excluded...clients aren`t that stupid, and the ones that are...well they`ll find out down the line how useless those warranties are and that`s when they`ll be unhappy with the product and problems will arise.
    Elegance Auto Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

I actually texted him to make sure I didn`t miss a notice or email that went out. My above post was correct, $425 has always been MAP for the application, but since polishing is required they added that with correction it should be a min of $600.

`

My base correction is $450 so my coating pricing started at $850 for OCP and $900 for CQF.

`

Not correction, just a finishing polish.`

Post Thanks / Like

Thomas……………..the truck was as red as the day you did it, two years later after going through a brush automated wash twice a week?. What you meant to say was the truck was Red and marred beyond belief.

`

This is the "Gotcha moment" right now, some you shady types have hyped the coating(s) to have the client believe his car could go through re-entry like the space shuttle and look "AMAZING" . I have "Cleared up" this false misnomers plenty of times recently from quotes here in my neck of the woods and when I told the truth these people were PISSED OFF and were shocked I would for-go possible profit to actually tell them the outstanding performance characteristics of coatings and the real world maintenance in order to come even close to the "BOMBASTIC" claims of " You`re car will look amazing year after year…………. and it will not scratch…..trust me"

`

Nobody is fooled with the Tom Foolery, there will be a reckoning someday.`

`

Selling ice to eskimos……………… so many here and after going through the similar thread on Autogeekonline I marvel at how many would fall for the three card monty game over and over. "Money for nothing and you`re chicks for free"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge

Thomas……………..the truck was as red as the day you did it, two years later after going through a brush automated wash twice a week?. What you meant to say was the truck was Red and marred beyond belief.

`

This is the "Gotcha moment" right now, some you shady types have hyped the coating(s) to have the client believe his car could go through re-entry like the space shuttle and look "AMAZING" . I have "Cleared up" this false misnomers plenty of times recently from quotes here in my neck of the woods and when I told the truth these people were PISSED OFF and were shocked I would for-go possible profit to actually tell them the outstanding performance characteristics of coatings and the real world maintenance in order to come even close to the "BOMBASTIC" claims of " You`re car will look amazing year after year…………. and it will not scratch…..trust me"

`

Nobody is fooled with the Tom Foolery, there will be a reckoning someday.`

`

Selling ice to eskimos……………… so many here and after going through the similar thread on Autogeekonline I marvel at how many would fall for the three card monty game over and over. "Money for nothing and you`re chicks for free"

`

Did I say that car was swirl free? If OC was not on the paint, the color would have faded. An 80 year old widow is very happy, because she doesn`t need to get it detailed any more.

`

You call me shady? You better look in the mirror Bob, I am not one who needed to find Jesus. Did you not say that you were not a great guy before you found religion? You should also read parts of the bible where Jesus talks. It is all about love, forgiveness, no judgement kind of stuff. `

`

This IS real a`<span style="font-size:12px;">"Gotcha moment" `Stop judging, stop thinking that you are perfect, you are not. You sound`miserable, and frustrated.

`

<span style="font-size:12px;">Pretty sure Jesus wouldn`t approve of your behaviour

Post Thanks / Like

oh no, here it comes

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread Information