Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fdresq4

Chad,

I just posed a question to you on another site. I didn`t see this but it does answer my question.

Thanks,

Steve

`

LOL. I just replied to it. Please check it out though as I did add something more to it than here.

Post Thanks / Like

Just got this in my email:

`
    <blockquote>OPTIMUM LABOR DAY SPECIAL</blockquote>

FROM NOW UNTIL LABOR DAY (<span><span>SEPTEMBER 1), OPTIMUM IS OFFERING THE OPTI-COAT WARRANTY PACKAGE FOR $$$ – SAVE $$.` ORDER DIRECTLY OR ONLINE AT OPTI-COAT.NET.

THIS SHOULD HELP THOSE WHO HAD PROJECTS LINED UP PRIOR TO THE ANNOUNCEMENT DISCONTINUING THE 40 ML SIZE.

THE OPTIMUM TEAM
    Mike
    Driven Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    I understand them covering themselves with the warranty claims, but to discontinue 2.0 altogether with another similar product and around the same cost with such a small amount of product (10oz) seems impractical. I definitely see pro detailers and diy`s looking elsewhere (CarPro as previously mentioned).

Oh well, to each their own. I know I am looking elsewhere.
    "Courage is being afraid but saddling up anyways." - John Wayne

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1

LOL. I just replied to it. Please check it out though as I did add something more to it than here.

Thanks Chad...LOL!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 52split

I understand them covering themselves with the warranty claims, but to discontinue 2.0 altogether with another similar product and around the same cost with such a small amount of product (10oz) seems impractical. I definitely see pro detailers and diy`s looking elsewhere (CarPro as previously mentioned).

Oh well, to each their own. I know I am looking elsewhere.

`

Gloss-Coat is being touted as a superior product vs. 2.0 in many ways. more gloss, more slickness, easier application.

10 cc is enough to do two cars...but more likely one since everyone tends to overapply. though i don`t know...maybe 10 cc will go longer with the new item than it did with 2.0. that is yet to be determined.

either way, $50-$60 dollars for one car, wheels and all? seems fair to me, esp since it has the durability claims that match CQF`s warranty of two years, which is a pro-only product.

a lot of noise about nothing imo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Built hatch aka Jared, nice try.............

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge

Built hatch aka Jared, nice try.............

nice try? what does that mean? you know who i am, that`s fine. a lot of people on the forums know who i am. my question still stands though.

it appears you are trashing the guy and i disagree with that wholeheartedly. in my experiences he has been a true gentleman with the best intentions.

i am bothered by what you said but that is why i asked you because if i am taking your posts wrong, please clear that up. no big deal.

`

Post Thanks / Like
    My question is...

What is going to happen to all the O.C. 2.0 that the various distibutors had?

Will Optimum use in a formula or dispose of it?

It would seem like a waste of a good product so I would tend to think it would be used in something else..

Post Thanks / Like

I believe that Optimum waited until all 2.0 supplies had been depleted before bringing out Gloss-Coat. And it definitely is an upgraded product in terms of looks, slickness and ease of use.`
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Scott. I feel better knowing you used it and speak positive of it.

I can remeber when fire helmets switched to a different design and material...sure glad the internet wasn`t around for that...LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott can you post up pictures of the vehicle you have applied it to maybe do a review on the product?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EVOlved

Scott can you post up pictures of the vehicle you have applied it to maybe do a review on the product?

`

Subaru:`

`

`

`

E93 335:

`

`

`

`

My 2004 Accord, took these this morning, been about a week since I`ve washed it.`

`

`

`

`

As far as a review goes, very similar to OC 2.0 but even more forgiving application. Even on 95+ degree days, no issues applying it. Really not much harder than Opti-Seal-I`d say you have 2-3 minutes to find high spots on warm days like we`ve been having. Should be even easier to use when it cools off. Very slick right off the bat, more gloss and wetness than 2.0. And a month and a couple washes later, paint still feels like I just applied it. Sheds water very quickly, used it on my side and back glass (have Optimum Glass Coating on the windshield) and water flies off the glass too.`

`

Since I have it on my own car and the 335 belongs to my brother, I have two vehicles that I can monitor regularly to see how well Gloss-Coat holds up.`
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Seems to me like the guys hurt most by this are the part time guys that won`t be able to meet the minmum purchase requirement or those that work in smaller markets that might not be able to swing the higher cost

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by House Of Wax

Seems to me like the guys hurt most by this are the part time guys that won`t be able to meet the minmum purchase requirement or those that work in smaller markets that might not be able to swing the higher cost

`

Yes.
    Mike
    Driven Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by House Of Wax

`

Gloss-Coat might be their solution then, same longevity as most other coatings (2 years) and its easy to apply. Not sure how it compares price-wise to the others though.`
    www.scottwax.com

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information