Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ShineShop

OCP didn`t increase in price. This has been discussed ad nauseum. The price went up to include the cost for the warranty and pay for increased marketing & support for PRO installers. Add to that the fact that Dr. G listened to the installer network and increased the amount of PRO in warranty packs to 15cc and that further softens the blow. Maybe it`s because I know installers in Australia or that I attended the OCP installer session at SEMA last year that I assumed that Optimum would be bringing the PRO product in line with what it costs and what was included outside of North America. If anything, OCP was being undersold with respect to price compared to what everyone else was paying for years. I fully recognize the changes are a bitter pill to swallow for some but overall it`s going to make the network of installers stronger and more profitable in the long term. If Optimum jacks the price again after this correction then I`ll be right there with you Chad but I doubt that`s going to happen anytime soon. I`ve got a lot of respect for your talent Chad but I think you`re making a mistake on this issue. I`m getting more and more calls, e-mails and messages every week for OCP and selling it like hotcakes. Even after the price increase this product adds to your exclusivity as a detailer offering it (as does offering CQF) and brings customers to you and more importantly puts $$$ in your pocket.`

`

Scott, like I had also noted earlier in the thread, you can twist/justify it anyway you like, but for me to buy 40cc of the same product at the time this last change was announced, it was 600% more than it cost in 2012.

`

I really have to agree with Charles on this as his response was very well thought out and very well written...he really did hit the nail on the head. Had Optimum not handled this like they did the previous 2 changes, all of which were met with several unhappy installers, most, if not all of this, could have been avoided, had it only been handled properly. Clearly Opt is doing damage control now if they`ve already changed the warranty packs to contain 15cc, as many, including myself, were well aware that 10cc was not enough to do most cars, especially when wheels were involved. That`s an example of simple feedback they could have obtained had this been done right.

`

Proposed changes should have been discussed well ahead of time with the installers and they should have gotten feedback from everyone involved. After revisions and a final decision on the changes were made, there should have been a period of time before they went into effect, and they should have actually listed what new benefits there was, or shown/explained what "increased marketing & support for PRO installers" actually involves, rather saying, "just wait and you`ll see". Also, a quick comment on the "increased marketing & support for PRO installers", I don`t recall CarPro Finest increasing our cost for things like this, and as an installer yourself know very well just how good they take care of us and what they`ve done to help in these areas.

`

At the time of the announced change I had cars scheduled until mid December, most of which were Opti-Coat jobs, and I even had cars scheduled in April, and June of 2015. Now I`ve had to go back and explain things to them. Had there been notice given I could have bought up enough product to cover them.

`

I`d really like my involvement in this thread to end with this post. I wish all the OCP installers the best of luck, but after 3 strikes, I`ve made my choice and there is no going back now.

`

`

Cheers,

Rasky

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Chad! Finally! Best of luck to you as well.

gpshumway

Well said, Chad.` Over and out.

`

I`d like to add one final thing.` I`ve seen some say that the small low-volume pros are the only ones hurt by this.` I think you`re missing the hobbyists.` OPT may want to steer me toward a high-volume pro, but I`m not going to be steered.` Now that Chad`s no longer offering OCP I`m not even sure where I`d go, and I`m not going to invest the time to vett possible providers.`

Post Thanks / Like
    CQuartz UK and CQuartz Finest are "better" anyways...perfect time to switch!
    "Courage is being afraid but saddling up anyways." - John Wayne

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gpshumway

Define superior.` I`m not sure what I`m supposed to take from a bad picture of a tan car.` How long has that car been coated?` Long enough to verify durability?` Is that an official statement from OPT that a properly applied coat of Gloss-coat will last the 5+ years an application of OC2 was supposed to last?` You`re one of the principal OPT fanbois here, Scott, and an official beta tester.` Are you speaking for them? `

`

`

`

`

I don`t speak for anyone but myself. But it sure seems based on your post you have a problem with Optimum and apparently with me as well.`

`

My understanding is that Gloss-Coat is pretty durable, Is it as durable as 2.0? My feeling is that it will be similar, but since it is a consumer product that Optimum has less control over the application, they are saying its good for a couple years. Not sure if its considered a true permanent coating like pro and 2.0 but since I have it on my own car that is not garaged and has 10 year old paint, I`m doing real world testing on it. And it looks noticeably better, very slick immediately and 3 months later now, still very, very slick.`

`

There are pros who were trying to get tubes of OC Pro to cover more cars than they should have been and putting it on too thin. And that probably happens with 2.0 and will with Gloss-Coat as well, its an expensive product compared to most sealants and waxes so it`s something people will try to use on more vehicles than they probably should. So if someone puts on 3 cc`s for an entire car, its obviously not going to be a durable as if someone uses a full 10 cc`s.`

`

Let`s be clear here, I wasn`t thrilled when I heard that there would be no more non-warranty Opti-Coat pro and I`d have to raise my prices by about $100-150 to cover my increased costs. I would have liked some heads up so I could have snagged another 40 cc tube or three of Pro. But I`ve had good luck with OC Pro and Optimum products in general and my customers are happy with the results, plus I`ve got the application down pat. And with Gloss-Coat, I have a less expensive option that should be perfect for customers who lease cars, or for people who would like to not have to wax their car for a few years and don`t mind having me back out to apply it again. Most of the other coating options last 18-24 months so whats the big deal?`
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone know how long an *unopened* syringe lasts?

Post Thanks / Like

Von unterwegs mitm S5

My car should not be clean, but immaculate:amen:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Malborex

Von unterwegs mitm S5

`

Was?????

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">

`

`
    <span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:`helvetica neue`, helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Define superior.` I`m not sure what I`m supposed to take from a bad picture of a tan car.` How long has that car been coated?` Long enough to verify durability?` Is that an official statement from OPT that a properly applied coat of Gloss-coat will last the 5+ years an application of OC2 was supposed to last?` You`re one of the principal OPT fanbois here, Scott, and an official beta tester.` Are you speaking for them? `</blockquote>

`

`

You are being pretty disrespectful towards Scott - he has been nothing but a gentleman all the years I have known him on this forum. He is a real solid guy, helps everyone who asks him, pro or not. His opinion weighs a ton in my book. As far as him being a fanboy, he also tests for Clearkote and Meguiar`s and uses their products. I think you are just a h8ter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry somehow my phone wrote a reply. Please delete.

Von unterwegs mitm S5

My car should not be clean, but immaculate:amen:

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021

Thread Information