Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I don`t know about that, but I know this.................shady peeps in the trade know that I know what`s up and none of them ever want to see me face to face.

Post Thanks / Like

Using the word "know" maybe just a little to much possibly.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve already removed OCP from my product offering on my web page and have started informing the 4 months of clients I already have booked. 600% price increase since I started using it in 2010. I`m done supporting companies like this!

Post Thanks / Like
    Its unfortunate. I`ve liked every OPT product I`ve used, bit that`s just ridiculous.

Post Thanks / Like

They will not care Chad, now if many more guys leave them alone..........................that will get noticed. They want "Hustlas" who close the deal boiler room style............................ABC = Always be closing.

Keeper of the beautiful Jean-Claude's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

ONE CALL CLOSE SON.
    Detailed Designs Auto Spa
    Professional Car Detailing Atlanta
    Authorized Modesta Installer
    Authorized CQuartz Finest Installer
    Paint Protection Film and Clear Bra Installation

Post Thanks / Like

<span style="font-family:`comic sans ms`, cursive;">Bob,`again,`no need to rip everybody`s face off... Maybe a switch to decaf.` that`s WJWD

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Detailed Designs Auto Spa

They aren`t concerned with 15+ years right now. They are concerned with 6+ years. There`s a hole in the argument that they are worried about the 1% of people who keep their cars 15+ years....and it`s a 10 year gap.

`

I think its more that they feel (I`m guessing) that 5 years is a reasonable time frame to be on the hook for a product the company itself doesn`t actually apply and has no control over its care. Based on my experience and a couple vehicles just about at the 5 year point with Opti-Guard (original name of OC Pro), it will last more than 5 years.`
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax

I think its more that they feel (I`m guessing) that 5 years is a reasonable time frame to be on the hook for a product the company itself doesn`t actually apply and has no control over its care. Based on my experience and a couple vehicles just about at the 5 year point with Opti-Guard (original name of OC Pro), it will last more than 5 years.`

`

I agree with you and have been selling it as a product that lasts a few years and not forever as it had been advertised for years. But that`s not how the product was marketed for years by OPT.`

Let your yes mean yes, ya know? Lots of people have purchased OC/P as a lifetime product and now the rug is somewhat pulled out from under them. We`ve been informing our clients from day one that it is not a true lifetime product though and we don`t have to explain or backpedal on what has been sold to them despite the marketing hype.`

While Bob is quite forward, I appreciate his skepticism. We try to follow a similar approach to business and marketing. The ability to read between the lines is important.

Post Thanks / Like

Earl funny I do not drink coffee.................. lol, the point was these types would not be able to look me in the eye truly and continue with their conduct as I know the deal. As for ripping a face off those that know me really do know I can(And have in the past) so it was not a implied physical intimidation as fighting with little boys does not get me going as I am in the heavyweight weight class.

`

I am always amazed at how many when faced with clear shady conduct not only apologize for it but encourage it, there are nor grey areas in truth.....................there is truth and not relative truth so decide within yourself where you stand as I know where I do.

Post Thanks / Like

Bob are you questioning Dr. Ghodoussi`s integrity? It appears as if you are but I don`t want to guess. If not, please clarify what it is you are saying because that is how it appears.

Also, if anyone is confused by the semantics re: the term "permanent", here is what Chris Thomas said the other day about the subject:

The understanding of the word permanent here is referring to the bond formed when the product is applied to properly prepped surfaces. Permanent here means that the product will not delaminate nor "wear" away over time. It does not need to be reapplied unless you remove it by mechanical abrasion. So to sum up, we use the term permanent but not the word indestructible. It`s just semantics, not hype. Lots of words have different meanings in different contexts. When selling anything, you need to believe what you`re saying, so I understand why you don`t want to overpromise. Maybe you can just say never need to wax again unless you compound. That`s breaking it down to a consumers level anyway. Sometimes we get too technical for clients because we know the lingo and love the business.

Also, Chad, have you or any of your colleagues addressed your issues with the line directly with Dr. Ghodoussi, particularly after this latest announcement?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Detailed Designs Auto Spa

I agree with you and have been selling it as a product that lasts a few years and not forever as it had been advertised for years. But that`s not how the product was marketed for years by OPT.`

Let your yes mean yes, ya know? Lots of people have purchased OC/P as a lifetime product and now the rug is somewhat pulled out from under them. We`ve been informing our clients from day one that it is not a true lifetime product though and we don`t have to explain or backpedal on what has been sold to them despite the marketing hype.`

While Bob is quite forward, I appreciate his skepticism. We try to follow a similar approach to business and marketing. The ability to read between the lines is important.

`

What I`ve told customers is that with proper care, OC Pro should last the useful life of their paint. And Optimum has said they will honor the "lifetime" applications for those who`ve already purchased them.`
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like

The semantics are not semantics anymore. It is a product that carries a 5-year warranty whereas it used to be offered with a lifetime warranty. Sure, it can last longer than 5 years with proper care(like anything can). But it`s making more of the word permanent than it really is to say it is a permanent solution but the manufacturer doesn`t stand behind `permanent`.

`

From day one, it, like other coatings, should be marketed as longterm wear and tear coatings/solutions. By saying permanent but not meaning permanent in terms readily understood without an education on the vernacular of the word `permanent`, it leaves way too much room for people to be misinformed.

`

Don`t confuse my debating how the product has been marketed with me thinking it is not a fine product. We are just talking about how people sell it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by builthatch

Also, Chad, have you or any of your colleagues addressed your issues with the line directly with Dr. Ghodoussi, particularly after this latest announcement?

`

I wouldn`t waste my time as it would only fall on deaf ears. I`ve made my decision and will no longer support Optimum in any way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Chad,

I just posed a question to you on another site. I didn`t see this but it does answer my question.

Thanks,

Steve

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information