Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

exactly, its my opinion, as I stated in my post

`

seems like there are a few who are in with the company or die hard optimum users here trying to defend optimum til the end.`

`

Doesnt matter to me if you like OC or CQF or CP or GT or 22 or whatever else...use what you like.` I was just stating I have had issues with OC and dont care for it.` Ive done comparisons with clients and let them choose, and none chose OC when I had it on my car as the "other" side looked better.` At the end of the day, after 10-15 hours of paint correction, its all about the final look for my clients.` They understand maintenance is required and I never sold them on a "one and done" coating

`

I agree with Chad...a side by side will show the difference better, but we can always look at two cars and say which one looks glossier, more reflective, dull, hazy, cloudy, wet, etc...

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe if Mr. DeKany, pulled the car straight in. We all could see it in a better light .....

Post Thanks / Like

Thomas, I will say I agree with the others in that pictures are worthless when it comes to showing how good a coating, or any LSP looks. Lighting can drastically change how a car looks, and in the image you posted I feel it gives the paint an unnatural "electrical" look to it (My overhead shop lights can have a similar effect). I think some of the more advanced detailer/photographers know how to manipulate the light to get a more desirable look too. I bought a book a while ago on lighting, just haven`t had time to go through it, but some of the examples they show are pretty amazing.

Optimum Product Support Chris@Optimum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Envious Eric

`

seems like there are a few who are in with the company or die hard optimum users here trying to defend optimum til the end.`

`

Doesnt matter to me if you like OC or CQF or CP or GT or 22 or whatever else...use what you like.` I was just stating I have had issues with OC and dont care for it.` Ive done comparisons with clients and let them choose, and none chose OC when I had it on my car as the "other" side looked better.` At the end of the day, after 10-15 hours of paint correction, its all about the final look for my clients.` They understand maintenance is required and I never sold them on a "one and done" coating

`

I agree with Chad...a side by side will show the difference better, but we can always look at two cars and say which one looks glossier, more reflective, dull, hazy, cloudy, wet, etc...

`

Hi Eric,

I don`t see you listed on the Optimum Authorized Installer`s map...so, I was just wondering if you had experience with the consumer or the pro version or both...and from how long ago? Also, every installer I have spoken to (100+) finds Opti-Coat to have very high gloss and apply much easier and in less time/passes than any glass coating. Since you are in San Diego, I can set you up with a demo on proper application with Optimum`s Western USA Regional Manager if you like. Also, those who have used Opti-Coat in past years may not realize that Optimum makes rolling changes and refinements without making major announcements...so, today`s Opti-Coat Pro and the supplied Primer Polish actually produce a gorgeous unsupassed gloss while maintaining the durability that made OCP the ULTIMATE coating in the marketplace.

Keeper of the beautiful Jean-Claude's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Dekany

`

As far as photography, you must be a very good one, if you could take a picture of a swirled finish, that would look as good as the one I posted.

It`s not that someone has to be awesome at photography Thomas and I am not picking on you or drawing a line in the sand. But lighting and angles plays a huge role in how paint looks. Someone posted this on a website and I thought it is funny but still a truism:`http://imgur.com/a/cm2AK
    Detailed Designs Auto Spa
    Professional Car Detailing Atlanta
    Authorized Modesta Installer
    Authorized CQuartz Finest Installer
    Paint Protection Film and Clear Bra Installation

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Envious Eric

`

`

`

`

When I find another coating, that is easier to use and looks better, I`ll use it. So you may think that I am a die hard fan. On the other hand, if I listen to your opinion (and I respect it) there is no way in hell that Optimum`s Opti Coat would have achieved the success `it enjoys today. If the product looked dull, it would have been discontinued a long time ago because it would have never sold.

`

Here is the front of the van done with Ceramic pro (hood and fender)

`

_3220003.jpg by savingspaces33, on Flickr

`

Here is CQP over the whole car

`

_B200012-2 by savingspaces33, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1

Thomas, I will say I agree with the others in that pictures are worthless when it comes to showing how good a coating, or any LSP looks. Lighting can drastically change how a car looks, and in the image you posted I feel it gives the paint an unnatural "electrical" look to it (My overhead shop lights can have a similar effect). I think some of the more advanced detailer/photographers know how to manipulate the light to get a more desirable look too. I bought a book a while ago on lighting, just haven`t had time to go through it, but some of the examples they show are pretty amazing.

`

Chad, it was nearly midnight, I had to get the hell out of there pronto - I am just happy the owner let me take a few.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl E Byrd

Maybe if Mr. DeKany, pulled the car straight in. We all could see it in a better light .....

`

I try not to drive the cars I work on, but this angle gave us more space to work with so the owner pulled it in crooked for me.`

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Detailed Designs Auto Spa

It`s not that someone has to be awesome at photography Thomas and I am not picking on you or drawing a line in the sand. But lighting and angles plays a huge role in how paint looks. Someone posted this on a website and I thought it is funny but still a truism:`http://imgur.com/a/cm2AK

`

Photography is my hobby, so I know a little about lighting. You are still missing the point though. OC doesn`t dull the finish. It was nearly midnight, the customer was ok with me taking a few quick shots. So i put the tripod down and took several pictures in a hurry.`

Post Thanks / Like

Chad, it was nearly midnight, I had to get the hell out of there pronto - I am just happy the owner let me take a few.

I wasn`t busting your chops or anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Thomas

Hi Eric,

I don`t see you listed on the Optimum Authorized Installer`s map...so, I was just wondering if you had experience with the consumer or the pro version or both...and from how long ago? Also, every installer I have spoken to (100+) finds Opti-Coat to have very high gloss and apply much easier and in less time/passes than any glass coating. Since you are in San Diego, I can set you up with a demo on proper application with Optimum`s Western USA Regional Manager if you like. Also, those who have used Opti-Coat in past years may not realize that Optimum makes rolling changes and refinements without making major announcements...so, today`s Opti-Coat Pro and the supplied Primer Polish actually produce a gorgeous unsupassed gloss while maintaining the durability that made OCP the ULTIMATE coating in the marketplace.

`

I am going to sound like a fanboy, but the Primer Polish that came in the friday before the price increase with my 40cc OCP, is really amazing looking. What ever David did, is working.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is someone at the top of his game at both detailing AND photography

`

http://autodetailer.co/studio/evolution/

Optimum Product Support Chris@Optimum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Primer Polish is easier to remove form softer paints now too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Thomas

Primer Polish is easier to remove form softer paints now too.

`

Right, no streaking.

`

Here is Darren`s work

`

https://www.flickr.com/photos/autodetailer/

Post Thanks / Like

Here is someone at the top of his game at both detailing AND photography

http://autodetailer.co/studio/evolution/
    Umm...wow

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast