Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator

Nth Degree- Thanks, I always appreciate these updates!

`

Did I understand you correctly in that you have some reservations about using UTTG on black plastic door handles?` I`ve been using it with good results on the handles of the Crown Vic.

`

`

Just that it can have a slightly greasy feeling. `Not bad if the excess is wiped off and dries for a day but there isn`t always the time before turning over to the customer. `Also depends on the plastic. `Some of the harder ones don`t absorb it so it just sits on top.

Post Thanks / Like

Nth Degree- Thanks for explaining.` I`d never noticed anything like that, but yeah different plastics will behave differently, and I guess`seldom drive/use the car immediately after UTTGing the trim.

Post Thanks / Like

I got to see the BMW briefly today. `It has been over 8 months since application and been exposed to both winter and summer conditions. `The vehicle is dirty so that might be partially responsible for the slightly faded appearance of each of the products. `Even though Solution Finish has faded a little more it has held pretty strong after the initial fade. `Overall, I am very impressed by all 3 of these products. `

`

`

`

`

Likes newtows4thlaw liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks N. I have the C4 on all of our vehicles, including a 14 y/o CRV and it still looks great. Thr CRV was put on in the winter.

Post Thanks / Like

Unbelievable thread!

`

I`ve gone through 2 bottles of C4 and have always been impressed. I`m excited to see you try CarPro`s DLUX because I just bought a bottle of it and haven`t had the chance to try it. I wanted to try something new and I`m hoping it works as well as C4.

`

UTTG has always been my choice for wheel well liners. It seems to last longer and longer with repeated applications every week or two.

`

Could you try PERL also? I doubt it will last long, but it is VERY glossy when first applied which I like. I apply it neat to my tires and really like the gloss.

Post Thanks / Like

Love this thread! I think this is the first time I have seen so many trim products head on with each other, thanks for the effort!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d like to see PERL included as well. I just used it straight out of the bottle on my BMW tires and it`s probably the best look I have seen on tires. I`d love to see some comparison tests as to its durability.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisguga

Unbelievable thread!

`

I`ve gone through 2 bottles of C4 and have always been impressed. I`m excited to see you try CarPro`s DLUX because I just bought a bottle of it and haven`t had the chance to try it. I wanted to try something new and I`m hoping it works as well as C4.

`

UTTG has always been my choice for wheel well liners. It seems to last longer and longer with repeated applications every week or two.

`

For something so expensive, I wouldn`t want to have to reapply every week or two.

Post Thanks / Like

XxMerlinxX- I think he meant that he was building up layers of it on a weekly/bi-weekly basis, and that once that`s been done it will last for a long time with no additional applications.` That`s how I do the UTTG and once I get a few layers built up it stays nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trim Restorer Showdown - Round 2 *Updated 7/8/14 (6 months)(Long and Pic heavy)

Can Carmor still be purchased? I can`t find it anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trim Restorer Showdown - Round 2 *Updated 7/8/14 (6 months)(Long and Pic heavy)

So which one wins...?

C4 or Carmor...?

Post Thanks / Like

This was a fantastic read. So would something like this be a good idea to use on a dashboard of vinyl or just hard plastics?

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t mean to be off topic and the length of depth of this test is absolutely fantastic. But my question is- what are some of the top products to use on trim to prevent it getting to fade in the first place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

this was an awesome review and write up

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    But my question is- what are some of the top products to use on trim to prevent it getting to fade in the first place?
    I`d *guess* that the fading comes from UV exposure, so using something like OCW which presumably blocks the UV oughta do it.

For some reason (maybe it`s because I use LSP-based approaches on trim) I just haven`t had my trim fade. It`s *been* terribly faded on some used purchases, but once cleaned up and treated it`s always stayed nice.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information